[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does the "ride your studs" theory apply here?

DoubleDown11

In favor of last week's breakout Devin Thomas and sure to be more involved RB Justin Forsett

Gutsy or plain stupidity?

Standard scoring PPR league

Will answer yours...

Your point is valid in that Steve Smith has not been the "stud" we've all come to know & love; but he's still capable of big things and you can't deny that. It would be easier to have confidence in him if there was a QB under center that you could also have confidence in. He's still proven to be a guy that can carry your team if given the targets, I wouldn't bench him in favor of a one week wonder like Thomas, especially flying across country to Oakland after an emotionally crushing loss in OT last week. I would however consider playing Forsett over Smith, but only if you're the underdog and need to swing for the fences. If you've got quality at the other positions and you're confident you can win either way, I'd play it safe and roll with Smith. All he needs is 1 or 2 big catches to make you happy, and the Pats aren't that scary on the defensive side of the ball any longer.