[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The OUTFOXED Documentary

WaterMan

http://www.outfoxed.org/

I started watching this on NetFlix expecting there to be nothing but people like Al Franken talking about Fox News, but most of what I've seen so far is former Fox News employees being interviewed. People like producers, writers, graphic designers, and TV reporters. That seems kind of fair to ask a company's former employees about a company.

I started watching this on NetFlix expecting there to be nothing but people like Al Franken talking about Fox News, but most of what I've seen so far is former Fox News employees being interviewed. People like producers, writers, graphic designers, and TV reporters. That seems kind of fair to ask a company's former employees about a company.

Kind of like asking Dick Morris his opinion of the Clintons and the democratic party.

:wacko::D

are you friggin serious?

Do you believe the current employees would be more truthful on the record? :D

no i dont. but disgruntled employees are not my first go to when im looking for opinions about a place.

the film was made by moveon.org :wacko:

Edited by dmarc117

Actually this probably is (like all of Micheal Moore's movies) a lot of facts that are wrapped up in a partisan package.

Mike Moore has done a great job at doing a ton of research for his books and films that include exhaustive footnotes and facts. The problem is he packages all those facts into a very partisan presentation that then gets dismissed. . . . but those pesky footnotes and facts are still there. :wacko:

Fox entertainment news is the same way. They start with a fact, then spin it in a very partisan way.

"Obama increases troop levels by 30,000 in Afghanistan"

Fox news analysis "why is he not supporting our troops?" Presented by Fox news correspondent Karl Rove.

If anyone actually believes that cable news outside of cspan isnt entertainment, I have some swampland in Florida to sell ya . . :D

I agree.

I also love "The Economist" and read Newsweek for more op-ed articles . . both left and right.

According to the Wall Street Journal, one of your beloved supposed news sources is about to bite the dust:

The Ten Brands That Will Disappear In 2010

Edited by Lady.hawke

I watched this last night and found it to be pretty accurate, though not particularly ground-breaking to anyone who pays attention. Even when I was an avid Fox watcher I knew I was basically watching Republican TV. I found it entertaining and they were mostly speaking to my POV, so it went down easy. Ironically though, it is personalities like O'Reilly, Hannity and Beck that have made me question things over the past few years and I'm now much more middle-of-the-road as a result.

But I'm sure plenty of the rubes in flyover country watch Fox and believe it is really is "fair & balanced" which is sad.

But I'm sure plenty of the rubes in flyover country watch Fox and believe it is really is "fair & balanced" which is sad.

Yeah, because if you don't live in a major metropolitan area or on one of the coasts you must be mentally challenged. :wacko:

The people that think Fox is "fair & balanced" are no more idiotic than the people that think MSNBC and CNN are fair and balanced.

Yeah, because if you don't live in a major metropolitan area or on one of the coasts you must be mentally challenged. :wacko:

The people that think Fox is "fair & balanced" are no more idiotic than the people that think MSNBC and CNN are fair and balanced.

I've lived in big cities and now unfortunately in a redneck area so I know there are jackasses everywhere, I'm just saying there are a lot of places in this country dominated by an ignorant mindset.

Totally agree about MSNBC and CNN too.

According to the Wall Street Journal, one of your beloved supposed news sources is about to bite the dust:

Have to agree here! Cqan you recommend some reactionary, unprovable radical blogs for me to read instead?

Not really surprised about Newsweek. The size of their magazine has decreased over the years.

In the case of Newsweek, it's a testament to diminishing attention spans more than anything. Interesting list though.

Oh, and that isn't the WSJ.

Having a score of 24 hour news channels is the problem. There are so many of them that they've found that it is more profitable to secure a certain segment of the nation by telling them what they already believe and/or want to believe. And there just isn't that much news to talk about - at least not news that people would listen to. As such - this forces these sorry excuse for 'journalists' to make up news and fill massive amounts of air time with biased conjecture and opinion pieces rather than real factual news. They are kings of the ten-second misquoted sound-byte followed by ten minutes of biased manipulative interpretation of the cherry picked quote.

Edited by Duchess Jack