[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts for first picks next year...

JustDoIt

But Carolina will have a much easier schedule next year!!!!

I think it's been proven that Car. can run on pretty much anyone. My issue with DeAngelo is J-Stew. I think that MJD and Rice will be more consistent week to week since their respective teams have to lean on them more. Just my opinion though. Also, DeAngelo only has one more year on his rookie contract. Could he possiblly hold out this offseason? Will the team start to give J-Stew more love in preporation for him taking over if DeAngelo leaves? Just more question marks with DeAngelo compared to Rice and MJD, IMO.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

Ray Rice, without McGahee (who will be cut) hawking TDs, will be gold next year.

For argument's sake, add 4-5 of McGahee's TDs to Rice's total this year, as well as half his yards (give the other half to McClain), and see where he sits in your YTD rankings...likely 2nd, perhaps even first.

I see Rice a a clear top-3 RB, and potentially #1 if CJ's 60+ yard TDs aren't there next year (as Dwills weren't this year).

There's such a big drop after the top 4 RB's, IMO, that I see nothing wrong with the likes of Manning or Brees as first round picks. I probably wouldn't take Rodgers or Brady until the 2nd at the earliest. IMO, it really depends on the difficulty level of the league, as well as your fantasy acumen. If you feel like you're good enough to deal with the pitfalls of taking a QB in round 1 or 2 then I say do it. You only start 1, but they score the most fantasy pts week to week by far.

+1

Ray Rice, without McGahee (who will be cut) hawking TDs, will be gold next year.

For argument's sake, add 4-5 of McGahee's TDs to Rice's total this year, as well as half his yards (give the other half to McClain), and see where he sits in your YTD rankings...likely 2nd, perhaps even first.

I see Rice a a clear top-3 RB, and potentially #1 if CJ's 60+ yard TDs aren't there next year (as Dwills weren't this year).

the question is...can Rice handle that many carries over the entire season?....or will McClain be the one to vulture instead of McGahee?

I think that only matters in non-PPR leagues. Rice is currently #2 in standard PPR leagues.

it matters in all leagues because even in my local where RB's who catch can almost carry a team, he still needs to be able to run the ball to be effective....and that goes for the Ravens offense as well..unless someone emerges that is not named Rice or Mason...

the question is...can Rice handle that many carries over the entire season?....or will McClain be the one to vulture instead of McGahee?

I'm not sure its really that many more carries....over the last 10 weeks since Rice has become "the man", McgGahees averaging less than 6 carries a game. if McClain and Rice split them, thats only 3 carries more per game.

Right now Rice is averaging about 15 carries per game....moving him up to 18 carries doesn't seem lite to big an increase.

it matters in all leagues because even in my local where RB's who catch can almost carry a team, he still needs to be able to run the ball to be effective....and that goes for the Ravens offense as well..unless someone emerges that is not named Rice or Mason...

Sorry, I should have elaborated. My point was even if McClain is the one that gets McGahee's carries Rice is the #2 RB in standard PPR leagues this year. He doesn't need more of the workload to be top 3.

DeAngleo 3rd? As far as talent goes, I think that's about right, but MJD and Rice's situations are far better.

Rice' situation isn't all that great. Anywhere inside the 5, he gets pulled.:/

And the intent of my OP wasn't who you think should be drafted where, more to get insight on your leagues as to if your guys' leagues has the top teams with a Stud QB,

Rice' situation isn't all that great. Anywhere inside the 5, he gets pulled.:/

And the intent of my OP wasn't who you think should be drafted where, more to get insight on your leagues as to if your guys' leagues has the top teams with a Stud QB,

Doesn't matter what your intent was threads go whichever direction they want get used to it! :wacko: