[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PAC-10

SLAYER

Whoever stated in this forum that the PAC-10 was the strongest or second strongest conference this year just got blown up by the WAC, twice. :wacko:

solid post-

I think you might mean the Mountain West Conference? 2 disappointing losses against 2 quality teams tho - and the MWC is no joke - ask Alabama

it is not like just "someone" in this forum stated that The Pac 10 was the 1st or 2nd best conference this season, EVERY college football expert across the country that I have seen or read felt that way.

still a ways to go, but not a good start

I was waiting for the "Pac 10 Sucks" or the "Mountain West Rules" thread to come out!!

I think the WAC will be exposed and not have a solid Bowl year and the MWC will be the one everyone is talking about. Not sure if AF can hang with Houston, but TCU should beat BSU to solidify that the MWC is better than most gave credit all year and that TCU should be playing TX for the NC Game :wacko: .

As for the Pac 10, Wildcat is right, there is a long way to go and they will get some W's along the way

USC and Oregon should win, and I'm leaning towards UCLA as well. Stanford might have trouble with Oklahoma, but the game that interests me the most is Arizona-Nebraska... that should be a pretty good gauge of where the Pac-10 is at in relation to the other top conferences, considering both teams are one of the better defensive units in their respective conferences. If the Pac-10 is as good as advertised, I think Arizona should win that game.

Last year, a lot of people had their doubts about whether or not the Big 12 could play any defense. A lot of high-scoring games, within the conference, between teams with more offense than defense. This year, I think the same question is being asked about the Pac-10. There is no doubt that there have been plenty of exciting games within the conference schedule... I've enjoyed several of them, particularly the Oregon-OSU and Oregon-Arizona games within the past month. But, at the end of the day, the question remains... Do these high-scoring games have more to do with high-powered offenses, or a lack of defense? So far, through two bowl games, it appears that the latter is more accurate.

Personally, I think it is a little of both. The Pac-10 as a whole has very good QB play, as well as a bunch of NFL-caliber position players. So, teams are going to put up points, no matter who they play. On the other hand, I really don't think there is a top-notch defense in the Pac-10, which contributed to some of the high scores that we saw during conference play, as well as the number of points given up in the first two bowl games.

I see the Pac-10 in the middle of the pack, when it's all said and done... 3-4 or 4-3 overall.

solid post-

I think you might mean the Mountain West Conference? 2 disappointing losses against 2 quality teams tho - and the MWC is no joke - ask Alabama

it is not like just "someone" in this forum stated that The Pac 10 was the 1st or 2nd best conference this season, EVERY college football expert across the country that I have seen or read felt that way.

still a ways to go, but not a good start

I know it's the MWC but the WAC sounds even more humiliating.

OSU loses Ray Small, Robert Rose, Duron Carter(Chris Carter's kid) and Bo Delande(backup rb). Carter and Rose to grades and rumor on Small is a failed drug test(not public and just rumored). I'm still not worried in the least and I'm normally a glass half empty guy. I think the Bucks are a great bet with the points and the under is looking good in my book as well.

I feel more than confident that the Buckeyes will be fine and upset the Ducks. I think the Pac10 is a track meet no defense league and should be a fun game to watch. The Buckeyes will be playing smash mouth Tressel ball and Oregon will be spreading us out and trying to use slants and speed off tackle runs. The key, like all season is the front d-line from OSU. Heyward is a monster and Oregon better adjust to makde sure he's blocked.

I have watched the Ducks/ USC ,Oregon/OSU game and the Ducks/ Arizona game. I also feel Pryor has bought into what Tressel has been running since the Purdue game, he has been very careful with the ball and using his feet more. Oregon does not put up a lot of points early and it's going to be a long day. The Small loss hurts our special teams, there is no doubt there, but I think Possey or Dane(most likely Dane) will take that over. Blount worries me slightly as a guy that can get them the 4 and 1 and 3rd and 2. I could be wrong, however there should be a size difference on both lines and this OSU defense is a qiuck/speedy defense and I love our DB's in this match up.

Oregon looks to me like a team that is much like OSU as far as they need to get a good early start. Oregon State game now looks a little funny since the Beavers played like crap. Oregon runs the unique spread offense and this could cause the Buck defense fits, but Tressel has had a lot of time to prepare for it. I guess we shall see, but I thik OSU prevails. I of course am a Buckeye homer. :wacko:

Ohio State is a million times better now than they were when they played USC. It's night and day, and they should've won that game, if not for Tressell playing Tress-ball. Oregon hasn't seen a defense as good as the Buckeyes, then again, Ohio State hasn't seen an offense quite like Oregon. As always, if the d-line comes to play for Ohio State, then I think they'll win, but if they aren't disrupting plays up front, then Oregon can put points up on any team in the country. Should be a great Rose Bowl, I'm looking forward to it.

Not knocking the PAC10 here, just posting facts.

2-5 overall and just flat out got embarrassed in a couple of those. Ouch!

I thought they were better than that.

werd - real disappointing - there is no denying it, some bad losses in there - Oregon, OSU and UA

Pac 10 was 9-2 the past 2 years in the bowls, I guess they were due...........