[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sherlock Holmes

The Irish Doggy

Its not 100% satisfying, but still very good. A couple explanations for extraordinary events seemed a bit far fetched to me, but good story and good performances. RD Jr is his usual excellent self. Jude law's capable soldier/doctor Watson is much more fun than the bumbling Watson we know from other versions.

Any fans of the PBS Jeremy Bret Holmes series will appreciate an homage to the opening.

4/5 stars

Caught it last night and agree completely with the Doggy. Very entertaining, worth the watch, despite it's flaws. Saw it because I knew Downey Jr would carry it even if it sucked otherwise. Turns out he didn't have to because it was generally entertaining. Even if they did turn Holmes into an action hero (something I imagine the Sheik was mocking with his post). Craig's more bad-ass Bond makes sense because in many ways, it's far easier to take than watching swishy Roger Moore karate chop his way out of trouble. Holmes, however... I'd like to think he's someone who can better avoid a fight.

Rachael McAdams, however, as cute as she is, is just not good enough to keep up with either Law or Downey Jr. Off the top of my head, I can't think of who they should have chosen, but they would have done well to find a hotty with a bit more dimension for that role.