[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys vs. Eagles - Two Weeks In A Row?

Kansas State 2000

If Dallas is able to get the win tonight vs. an always tuff Redskin team they clinch a playoff spot. Next week they play for the division title but they would also play the next week in the playoffs as the 3-6 match-up.

1. New Orleans 13-2

2. Minnesota 12-3

3. Philly 11-4

4. Arizona 10-5

5. Green Bay 10-5

6. Dallas 10-5

Edited by Kansas State 2000

If Dallas is able to get the win tonight vs. an always tuff Redskin team they clinch a playoff spot. Next week they play for the division title but they would also play the next week in the playoffs as the 3-6 match-up. So why not just rest up next week? Dallas already beat the Eagles in Philly this year. Interesting but Dallas must win tonight first, if they do not then they REALLY must next week.

1. New Orleans 13-2

2. Minnesota 12-3

3. Philly 11-4

4. Arizona 10-5

5. Green Bay 10-5

6. Dallas 10-5 (With win)

:wacko: If Dallas wins tonight and next week, would'nt they jump ahead of the loser of the Ari/GB game?

Not saying Dal wins either game, just askin'.

:wacko: If Dallas wins tonight and next week, would'nt they jump ahead of the loser of the Ari/GB game?

Not saying Dal wins either game, just askin'.

ARI wins the division, so that would not be a factor. They could overtake the Packers for the #5/#6 seed for the wildcard.

If Dallas is able to get the win tonight vs. an always tuff Redskin team they clinch a playoff spot. Next week they play for the division title but they would also play the next week in the playoffs as the 3-6 match-up. So why not just rest up next week? Dallas already beat the Eagles in Philly this year. Interesting but Dallas must win tonight first, if they do not then they REALLY must next week.

1. New Orleans 13-2

2. Minnesota 12-3

3. Philly 11-4

4. Arizona 10-5

5. Green Bay 10-5

The way this plays out, GB and AZ will play in week 17 and again in the first round, just like Dall/Phil

1. New Orleans 13-2

2. Minnesota 12-3

3. Philly 11-4

4. Arizona 10-5

5. Green Bay 10-5

Are you suggesting Dallas rests players and gives up on the division and a home playoff game?

Would never happen and Jerry would never allow it.

Are you suggesting Dallas rests players and gives up on the division and a home playoff game?

Would never happen and Jerry would never allow it.

Of course it wouldn't. A home playoff game is worth, literally, millions of dollars. And winning in Philly in October is a hell of a lot easier than beating a Philly team on what would be a 7-game winning streak on the road in jJanuary.

And don't count the 3-6 matchup as sealed. If the Philly wins next week, and the Vikes lose either at Chicago or in Week 17 vs. the Giants, the Eagles are the #2 seed.

ARI wins the division, so that would not be a factor. They could overtake the Packers for the #5/#6 seed for the wildcard.

Actually, if the Boys won tonight(and they did) and they also beat Philly next week they will also be a division winner so they would surpass GB and I believe Zona as well on tie breakers. Philly would be the other wildcard.

And don't count the 3-6 matchup as sealed. If the Philly wins next week, and the Vikes lose either at Chicago or in Week 17 vs. the Giants, the Eagles are the #2 seed.

Well, it would take quite a bit but the right combination of losses with a Dallas win over Philly could potentially make the Cowboys the #2. I'm not saying that's gonna happen. What I am saying is that with the Vikings loss last week and the Saints dropping their last two the last week of the season is a very important week of games. Dallas could be divison winners and jump from 6 to3 while Philly moves from 3 to wild card. Vikes could either lose their bye, being taken by Philly, or end up #1 overall. There's more but...

I stopped reading the second I saw rest up against Philly at home or away or ever.

I stopped reading about four or five posts into the playoff scenarios when my head started to hurt.

OK resting up is something neither team will do with the hate they have for each other. But cruise control once up makes sense and they probably will not show to much. The teams know each other quite well but if they have any new wrinkles save it for the playoffs.

If it works out this really is an NFL wet dream ... two teams that hate each other playing for everything.

You want that home game, both for the 'advantage' (please Jerry, no 3-D glasses or Pole Dancers next week), and to make Philly travel twice in the same week to your location.

No worries about playing conservatively here to keep from 'showing something'. These are divisional rivals who know each other well. This game will come down to which team best deals with adversity. Last year, Dallas caved when things started going against them. This year, playing at home, with Romo doing a better job of protecting the ball, the shoe may be on the other foot. All the old cliche's apply. Protect the ball, take points when you can (i.e. kick field goals on fourth and one), and keep your opponent in front of you. Do this & you will win the game.

We all know it is a tall order to defeat a divisional opponent three times in a season. Dallas learned that the hard way a couple of years ago against the Giants. Still, I'd rather see the Eagles come back to Dallas for the third meeting.

Warm and inviting SouthWestern state vs. cold and frigid NorthWestEastern state... :wacko:

I would imagine if the matchup were set for a rematch, the team might just stay in Dallas.

Unless I'm missing something this doesn't necessarily make sense. Looking at the scenarios - if Dallas beats Philly then:

- if the Vikes lose Dallas is the 2 seed

- if the Pack wins they remain the five seed but if they lose, they drop to the 6, which means Philly would travel to AZ and the Pack gets Favre again

- If the Vikes win and the Pack lose then same scenario - they play Favre again and Philly as the 5 seed would go to AZ

Am I missing something?

Unless I'm missing something this doesn't necessarily make sense. Looking at the scenarios - if Dallas beats Philly then:

- if the Vikes lose Dallas is the 2 seed

- if the Pack wins they remain the five seed but if they lose, they drop to the 6, which means Philly would travel to AZ and the Pack gets Favre again

- If the Vikes win and the Pack lose then same scenario - they play Favre again and Philly as the 5 seed would go to AZ

Am I missing something?

I believe if Eagles beat Dallas ,Pack win , saints win and Vikes win then Eagles get 3rd seed and Dallas gets 6th :wacko:

I think seeding would end up as

Saints -1

Vikes - 2

Eagles -3

Cards - 4

Pack - 5

Cowboys - 6

Edited by isleseeya

I believe if Eagles beat Dallas ,Pack win , saints win and Vikes win then Eagles get 3rd seed and Dallas gets 6th :wacko:

I think seeding would end up as

Saints -1

Vikes - 2

Eagles -3

Cards - 4

Pack - 5

Cowboys - 6

Right - that I'm not arguing. What I'm saying is that if Dallas wins, there isn't a situation where the 'boys and iggles face each other in the first round. Isn't that right?

Right - that I'm not arguing. What I'm saying is that if Dallas wins, there isn't a situation where the 'boys and iggles face each other in the first round. Isn't that right?

i believe you are correct ... if cowboys win i believe they can not face Eagles in first round of playoffs

i believe you are correct ... if cowboys win i believe they can not face Eagles in first round of playoffs

I think that's wrong. If Dallas, NO, Minny and GB win NO and Minny are 1 and 2. Dallas to 3. Ari stays 4 b/c they won their division. If GB has the tie break over Philly ( I don't even know what it is) then Philly would fall to 6.

:wacko:

How I understand it ... Note that the Vikings need to lose two in a row to screw this up.

IF Dallas beats Philly and GB beats Arizona than Dallas gets Philly and Arizona gets G in back to back weeks..

3. Dallas 11-5 (Division)

4. Arizona 10-6 (Division)

5. Philly 11-5

6. Green Bay 11-5

IF Dallas beats Philly and Arizona beats GB than Dallas gets GB and Arizona gets Philly.

4. Arizona 11-5 (Division)

5. Philly 11-5

6. Green Bay 10-6

IF Philly beats Dallas and GB beats Arizona than Philly gets Dallas and Arizona gets GB.

3. Philly 12-4 (Division)

5. Green Bay 11-5

6. Dallas 10-6

How I understand it ... Note that the Vikings need to lose two in a row to screw this up.

IF Dallas beats Philly and GB beats Arizona than Dallas gets Philly and Arizona gets G in back to back weeks..

5. Philly 11-5

6. Green Bay 11-5

Dallas would play GB if those seedings are correct