[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"The" "Official" "BCS Championship Game" "Thread"

Chief Dick

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said BeeR, I'm one of the biggest Alabama/Nick Saban hater on this board, but even I gotta give them some credit here. No one would argue your point that this game would be different if Colt wasn't hurt, but they have 144 yards rushing half way through the 3rd quarter. THIS is Alabama football. It just is, and they are imposing their will right now, and REGARDLESS of who is playing QB or not for Texas, the Alabama defense still has to execute the gameplan, and make plays, and that's what they are doing.

Yeah because if McCoy was in there this wouldn't be a different game. :wacko: cmon you can't be serious. If they were "imposing their will" it'd be about 40-6, not 24-13. The TX D has for the most part hung in there (so far) and even the TX freshman QB just dusted them for a TD, even though IMO it'll be too little too late. Think McCoy might have done a bit more?

Agree to disagree I guess.

PS that onsides kick worked but was another incredibly stupid call.

Pretty sure I know how it feels too, being that Ricky Stanzi is the king of them this year.

Brian, congrats on your Hawkeye's big Orange Bowl win. Have to be honest, I don't know much about your QB but he looked impressive the other night. When I was watching the Iowa game I told some buddies I wish we had a QB like him. Are you saying we have one in Jarrett Lee? :wacko:

Brian, congrats on your Hawkeye's big Orange Bowl win. Have to be honest, I don't know much about your QB but he looked impressive the other night. When I was watching the Iowa game I told some buddies I wish we had a QB like him. Are you saying we have one in Jarrett Lee? :wacko:

He led the nation in INT's and I believe his pick 6 on Tuesday night put him at 6 or 7 for the year. So, perhaps you're right. Actually felt bad for LSU (and PSU for that matter) for having to play on that disgrace of a football field in Orlando. But that was a good old fashion Big Ten-SEC game with some hard hitting defense from both teams.

and BeeR, agree to disagree, but are you even reading my posts? lol. I agree that if Colt was still in there this game would be different, but maybe you missed that. If your hatred for Alabama (or love for Texas I don't know) is enough to not give Alabama ANY credit for the game they are playing, then fine. We'll agree to disagree.

He led the nation in INT's and I believe his pick 6 on Tuesday night put him at 6 or 7 for the year. So, perhaps you're right. Actually felt bad for LSU (and PSU for that matter) for having to play on that disgrace of a football field in Orlando. But that was a good old fashion Big Ten-SEC game with some hard hitting defense from both teams.

Guess I must of had my volume down during the game. I'm sure the announcers must have commented on the pick sixes issue. I was wondering why they acted like their was abit of a Iowa QB controversy. :wacko:

and BeeR, agree to disagree, but are you even reading my posts? lol. I agree that if Colt was still in there this game would be different, but maybe you missed that. If your hatred for Alabama (or love for Texas I don't know) is enough to not give Alabama ANY credit for the game they are playing, then fine. We'll agree to disagree.

I am, are you even reading what you're writing? :wacko: For example:

"they are imposing their will right now, and REGARDLESS of who is playing QB or not for Texas, the Alabama defense still has to execute the gameplan, and make plays, and that's what they are doing."

Sure sounds like you're saying Bama would be "tearing it up" regardless of who is at QB for Texas, which is ridiculous.

PS: you might try turning the game back on. 24-21. Oh yeah Bama is imposing their will all over the place lol

Kudos to Gilbert, by the way. He's hanging tough.

i don't care who wins this game, so i'm rooting for the freshman backup who comes in when the star QB is injured, throws two picks and then leads his team back to victory in the feel-good bowl game of the year.

Guess I must of had my volume down during the game. I'm sure the announcers must have commented on the pick sixes issue. I was wondering why they acted like their was abit of a Iowa QB controversy. :wacko:

Because James Vandenberg, Iowa's back up, played REALLY well, in a losing effort in Columbus. In theory, Iowa is set at QB for the next 3 years, and that's exciting. I don't know if the announcers commented about the pick 6 problems, but I'm sure they mentioned the int's. To me, it just illustrated how great the defense was all year. To go 11-2 when your QB leads the nation in picks, and half the picks go for td's. They were constantly having to start in their own end on d all year long, and more times than not, would just be lights out. That was just how they played all year long.

Mccoy out is such a killer. Even if you have a very talented guy (as im sure Gilbert is) to come in under these circumstances as a freshman is so difficult. No chance to really set a gameplan on the fly for him. No excuses, as Alabama is playing great, but hard to argue that this game would be different if Colt didn't get hurt.

Would like to agree with you because I can't stand Alabama and their fans, much less their miserable excuse of a human being they have as head coach, but objectively, I have to say they are playing well. I agree, this game would be a lot closer if Colt didn't get hurt, but Alabama's defense is still playing extremely well, and offensively they are executing the gameplan and wearing the Horns down.

Like I said BeeR, I'm one of the biggest Alabama/Nick Saban hater on this board, but even I gotta give them some credit here. No one would argue your point that this game would be different if Colt wasn't hurt, but they have 144 yards rushing half way through the 3rd quarter. THIS is Alabama football. It just is, and they are imposing their will right now, and REGARDLESS of who is playing QB or not for Texas, the Alabama defense still has to execute the gameplan, and make plays, and that's what they are doing.

Perhaps, read the whole posts, and not just cherrypick?

Perhaps, read the whole posts, and not just cherrypick?

Fair enough, although your wording was at times confusing.

You're still wrong. :wacko: Bama had this game handed to them on a platter and IMO has little to brag about. TX had their star QB knocked out and a freshman nearly beat them still. With McCoy in they lose.

Edited by BeeR