[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Adding PPR to an existing league

buddahj

Our league (12 team - Redraft) is deciding on whether or not to add the PPR feature for next season. Based on our scoring system below...what would be the best format. Should we just go with the standard 1 pt/reception or go with a weighted scale? If a weighted scale is the way to go...how would you go about making it fair for each postion? I don't want it to make a huge difference in our scoring...just enough to bring some additional value to the guys who don't score a lot of TDs. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, & 1 TE.

Scoring Rules for QB, RB, WR, TE

Passing TDs - 6 points each

Passing Yards - 0.04 point/yard

Passing Yard Bonus @ 300 yards - 3 points

Pass Interceptions Thrown - (-2) points each

Passing 2 Pointers - 2 points each

Rushing TDs - 6 points each

Rushing Yards - 0.1 point/yard

Rushing Yard Bonus @ 100 yards - 3 points

Rushing 2 Pointers - 2 points each

Receiving TDs - 6 points each

Receiving Yards - 0.1 point/yard

Receiving Yards Bonus @ 100 yards - 3 points

Receiving 2 Pointers - 2 points each

Fumbles Lost on Offense - (-2) points each

Thanks in advance for the input.

Looks like it is a QB heavy scoring system as well. I would just add 1 PPR but give -3 for an Interception since QBs are at 6 pts currently and .04 per yard.

We added PPR 2 years ago and do the WCOFF scoring system and out of the top 10 scorers at least 6 are QB's. Their setup is similar to yours currently (with no bonus for 300 yds.). So adding PPR will increase RB's and WR's, but still QB's are hot commodities. We are looking to tweak our QB's for that very reason....

Looks like it is a QB heavy scoring system as well. I would just add 1 PPR but give -3 for an Interception since QBs are at 6 pts currently and .04 per yard.

We added PPR 2 years ago and do the WCOFF scoring system and out of the top 10 scorers at least 6 are QB's. Their setup is similar to yours currently (with no bonus for 300 yds.). So adding PPR will increase RB's and WR's, but still QB's are hot commodities. We are looking to tweak our QB's for that very reason....

It's a pretty standard scoring setup, so QB value is not that high, even if the QBs in general score higher. Far from a QB heavy system.

Adding the straight 1 pt per reception will give a bit of a boost to the possession WRs, giving you more viable options at the WR position, and you will see a greater value in the upper echelon TEs and in the RBs that are already strong runners but also more involved in their teams passing attack.

The lack of a flex spot means that the biggest adjustment from PPR, the increase of the possession/tier 3-4 WRs as viable flex options, is decreased

It's a pretty standard scoring setup, so QB value is not that high, even if the QBs in general score higher. Far from a QB heavy system.

Adding the straight 1 pt per reception will give a bit of a boost to the possession WRs, giving you more viable options at the WR position, and you will see a greater value in the upper echelon TEs and in the RBs that are already strong runners but also more involved in their teams passing attack.

The lack of a flex spot means that the biggest adjustment from PPR, the increase of the possession/tier 3-4 WRs as viable flex options, is decreased

Exactly

ya this system is close to standard, everything looks ok. I would strongly recommend lowering bonus points though. Awarding 3 points for a shiny round number like 100 or 300 is a slap in the face for the guy who had 99 or 292.

There's enough luck in FF already, bonus points shouldn't be deciding games. At the very least consider scaling them; i.e. 1 point for 100 rushing, 2 points for 200, etc.

I think you are going to enjoy ppr!