[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Triple Crown - 2010

gilthorp

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A ton of early speed in this one...I know a few of them will burn themselves up. Hard to keep Rule out, but I'm liking the look of First Dude to upset. Long shot Soaring Empire should be flying late off a hot pace and as others are backing up.

Gulfstream seems to be souped up like concrete on big days, speed's been holding there

If you wanna make any money obviously you'll have to beat Rule and it looks like it could be done. He''ll be bet down to nothing it looks like b/c of his last two but he did'nt beat much IMO (Schoolyard does'nt look lke he wants 9 furlongs , CharleyBrown looks half decent but had some bad rides IMO).

Ice Box has won at 9 and has won with the style that might do it today, sittin a length or two off. And he's won at Gulfstream. Working well and it's Zito..

I'm not in love with this race.

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

Gulfstream seems to be souped up like concrete on big days, speed's been holding there

If you wanna make any money obviously you'll have to beat Rule and it looks like it could be done. He''ll be bet down to nothing it looks like b/c of his last two but he did'nt beat much IMO (Schoolyard does'nt look lke he wants 9 furlongs , CharleyBrown looks half decent but had some bad rides IMO).

Ice Box has won at 9 and has won with the style that might do it today, sittin a length or two off. And he's won at Gulfstream. Working well and it's Zito..

I'm not in love with this race.

:wacko:

Zito said he was uncertain whether he'll give Ice Box another prep or train him the six weeks into the Kentucky Derby.

"I'd like to take him to Kentucky, see how he progresses and then go from there," said Zito.

drf

I can't bet on a winner with 6 weeks between...can't do it, won't do it. Maybe underneath, but not on top.

As for Ice Box...4th try, broke his maiden, then an allowance win against 4 others????....then buried in the FOY. Didn't see it.

Out of Pulpit, thought this one would be more of a colt that would mature for the Travers...if I were Zito, I'd run him in another prep, maybe even the Lexington, and get this one ready for the Preakness, not the Derby.

I can't bet on a winner with 6 weeks between...can't do it, won't do it. Maybe underneath, but not on top.

As for Ice Box...4th try, broke his maiden, then an allowance win against 4 others????....then buried in the FOY. Didn't see it.

Out of Pulpit, thought this one would be more of a colt that would mature for the Travers...if I were Zito, I'd run him in another prep, maybe even the Lexington, and get this one ready for the Preakness, not the Derby.

Ice Box, Pleasant Prince, and Rule will all run in the Derby without having another prep race, meaning they will have six weeks between races. Ice Box defeated Pleasant Prince by a nose Saturday, both coming from well off the pace, while it was another 1 1/4 lengths back to Rule, who held on despite racing on the lead. Ice Box and Pleasant Prince each earned a 99 Beyer Speed Figure.

Nick Zito, the trainer of Ice Box, said that his colt was "a little tired, but otherwise he looked really good'' Sunday morning. It was the third nine-furlong race of the winter for Ice Box, who won a first-level allowance race here in January before finishing fifth to Eskendereya in the Fountain of Youth.

"He's had three mile-and-an-eighth races in a row, I don't see the point of running anywhere,'' Zito said. "There's absolutely nothing to gain. Zero."

Zito said he would ship Ice Box straight to Churchill Downs approximately the first week of April.

todays DRF

Normally, this is logic that I'd subscribe to too.....but not so sure right now, and will definitely consider it in a few weeks.

Drosselmeyer looks like the one to beat. 3rd start back. His style should fit this race. Won at 1 and an 8th. Gonna be tough to beat IMO.

Stay Put looks like he has a good chance.

Beware The Program. Santa Anita to dirt has been paying off, I'm not in love with his style for this race today . If he can rate he could win.

I like Dross.

Watched the race live and thought Dross got a bad trip and maybe a bad ride. Watched the replay twice and he just plain got beat. Was'nt a great trip but I don't think it got him beat. Kent tried to get him out maybe a quarter way into the stretch but there was nowhere to go. Woulda taken a hugh run to win up the rail there. He ran well IMO, just did'nt get it done today. Definitely on my radar this summer.

F'n Pletcher's loaded for bear.

Watched the race live and thought Dross got a bad trip and maybe a bad ride. Watched the replay twice and he just plain got beat. Was'nt a great trip but I don't think it got him beat. Kent tried to get him out maybe a quarter way into the stretch but there was nowhere to go. Woulda taken a hugh run to win up the rail there. He ran well IMO, just did'nt get it done today. Definitely on my radar this summer.

F'n Pletcher's loaded for bear.

Pletcher won all three stake races at the FG yesterday.