[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Triple Crown - 2010

gilthorp

Illinois Derby -- Like American Lion alot. The rail can be a conveyor belt at Hawthorne. Might be an overlay too.

Santa Anita Derby -- Tough, tough race. Wide open IMO. Hopin' Lucky's just in it for the workout; he does'nt need the earnings. I would'nt be surprised with almost any of these winning. Gonna take a stab and hope they go faster up front than they did in the San Felipe and Alphies Bet comes like a freight train at the end. A few dollars on Skipshot if he stays close to the 15-1 ML he's getting and a few on Posse Power b/c he got such a crappy trip last time and he's 50-1. :wacko:

Wood -- Eskendereya will get pounded and so will AA b/c of his last win in NY. Hopin' Jackson Bend gets bet too b/c of Zito. ( he very well could win). Another price stab with Schollyard Dreams. LOVE Ramon getting on.

Should be fun to watch. :D

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously.....this is downright FUN.

This past Saturday was VERY good.

Giving em away for free, but making a few bucks along the way. Spectacular.

I don't know how, or can't explain why SC ran uncontested, but he did. I like it. Don't think I'll take him any further, but happy with SC's last few.

on a side note, what'd you think of AA being literally strangled for about 7/8ths yesterday? :wacko:

Not liking, and disapointed in what AA put up on Sat. My 3-2 BOX EXA in that race was my main loss for the day (1-4 in IL Derb (and other winners - SC) more than made up for it)

Be surprised to see him in the KD, but if he's in, will put $2 on him.

2nd would have been nice and I thought he had it down the stretch.

Not liking, and disapointed in what AA put up on Sat. My 3-2 BOX EXA in that race was my main loss for the day (1-4 in IL Derb (and other winners - SC) more than made up for it)

Be surprised to see him in the KD, but if he's in, will put $2 on him.

2nd would have been nice and I thought he had it down the stretch.

13th on the $$ list right now. If he's healthy ( I have'nt seen anything suggesting that he is'nt) he'll be there.

13th on the $$ list right now. If he's healthy ( I have'nt seen anything suggesting that he is'nt) he'll be there.

Yeah, not sure what I was thinking......

http://www.drf.com/news/article/111917.html

Awesome Act, who won the Gotham in his first start on dirt, was compromised by losing a shoe at the start of the Wood as well as the slow pace, which took away from his strong late kick. Still, his connections will press on to the Kentucky Derby.

"It was a great performance by the winner, but for my horse the pace of the race was wrong," trainer Jeremy Noseda said. "He lost a front shoe coming out of the gate, which wouldn't be ideal. Take nothing away from the winner, but for my horse to run his best race, that wasn't the type of [pace] that I need. We'll move forward onto Kentucky. You'd be surprised if we didn't get pace in Kentucky, and well see how we get on from there."

Strangled...lost a shoe. Love it, love it, love it.

Right now AA is my price play. Lookin At Lucky is my other strong Derby horse.

There WILL be a pace in the Derby, almost certain of it. Let's see a sprinter or two go just to make sure of it.

If that's the case, then SC is a toss. He went uncontested, as did the winner of the IL Derby.

We'll see how this shapes up, but there is nothing that stops me from liking those two listed above.

Strangled...lost a shoe. Love it, love it, love it.

Right now AA is my price play. Lookin At Lucky is my other strong Derby horse.

There WILL be a pace in the Derby, almost certain of it. Let's see a sprinter or two go just to make sure of it.

If that's the case, then SC is a toss. He went uncontested, as did the winner of the IL Derby.

We'll see how this shapes up, but there is nothing that stops me from liking those two listed above.

SC is scary . I'm not sure who's gonna go with him that can get the distance. 6f in 1:12 then the last 3 in 35 and 3 :wacko: ?

Santa Anita to dirt .

This coming from a guy who, to a fault, does'nt play speed.

Long way to go yet, just sayin'

SC is scary . I'm not sure who's gonna go with him that can get the distance. 6f in 1:12 then the last 3 in 35 and 3 :wacko: ?

Santa Anita to dirt .

This coming from a guy who, to a fault, does'nt play speed.

Long way to go yet, just sayin'

War Emblem won't happen again.

This one is a little off-topic, but are you guys following the NYC OTB drama at all?

Do you think it will close?

Here is a recent read:

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/horse/col...&id=5038247

If it shuts down, that may impact me.

I have'nt been following it.

Penn National opened an OTW about 15 miles or so from my house around 1998-1999. That's what really got me into horse racing. My wife and I really enjoyed going there. Nice place that had a large open seating area, a restaraunt and a bar/restaraunt. Always had a blast. Anyway they closed it down almost 3 years ago. :wacko:

Closest OTB to me is either Pocono Downs or Tioga Downs in New York. Both about an hour and 45 minute drive. :D On a lighter note, Pa passed the table games laws this past winter. Craps, blackjack etc. coming to Pocono this summer.

Hope they don't close down your local spot. I still miss that damn place.

Thanks, I saw that. I also called customer service today to make sure that I wouldn't lose the funds in my account.

I like to keep a few bucks in there so that I can place wagers online.

Just watched Zenyatta run - she's a thing of beauty.......

The race was not that impressive as she never really seemed pressed.

It would have been nice to see her and Rachel go at it. In due time.

Just watched Zenyatta run - she's a thing of beauty.......

The race was not that impressive as she never really seemed pressed.

It would have been nice to see her and Rachel go at it. In due time.

Just watched the replay. What was impressive to me was watching her strut in front of the grandstand after the race. Anyone that thinks these animals don't love to run and don't know whether they won or not should watch the replay all the way to the end.

I hope they meet and I hope she crushes Rachel.

http://www.drf.com/news/article/112083.html

Bluegrass --

#7 Paddy O'Prado

trains fast on turf and dirt and seems to love Poly at least in the morning. 3rd off layoff. 10-1 ML and I think it'll go up from there.

We are on the same colt. I also like Make Music For Me.