[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need Movie Recommendations

geeteebee

I'm running out of kids movies on my Blockbuster queue. My eldest is 9 and has no interest in cartoon movies anymore. He has seen most recent movies so I am trying to go back in time and find some movies that he'll like that will be ok with me also. I forgot that many older PG movies had a bunch of bad language in them becuase there was no PG-13 rating, not that he hasn't heard every one of those words by now but I try not to encourage it. The older movies that I gotten for him recently are:

Radio

Harry and the Hendersons

Clue

Goonies

Back to the Future

Last Starfighter

What am I forgetting?

He thinks ET is for babies and has seen a lot of the others. Forgot about Beetejuice, that'll be a good one. :wacko: Never heard of Little Giants, I'll check that one out.

He's seen all of the Star Wars, Ghostbusters and Indy movies and loves those.

Little Giants is an absolute classic. Very good stuff.

Remember the Titans might be a year or two away for him, but it's a very good movie that kids tends to love.

The Mighty Ducks trilogy is fantastic for that age.

I'm assuming he's seen all three Pirate of the Caribbean movies?

Other great 90's movies for that age:

Hook, The 3 Ninjas, Free Willy, Heavyweights, Space Jam, Angels in the Outfield, Flubber, Dr. Doolittle,

He thinks ET is for babies

Tell the little brat if he's so adult he won't mind cleaning out the garage then.

:wacko: j/k. But it is sad to me how quick kids out-grow stuff nowdays. I was going to suggest stuff like Mary Poppins and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang but not now.

How about Dark Crystal? Also Jason and the Argonauts or the similar "Sinbad" movies (the pirate not the comedian you tards) - the special effects are so primitive now but somehow to me that's part of the appeal.

Edited by BeeR

MY10 year old and I have seen these forgotten movies in the last couple years

Yep - Sandlot is a good one :bash:

Iron Giant with Vin Diesel narrating was not bad at all :D

Blues Brothers :D

Naked Gun movies :D

Strange Brew :D

Spaceballs - my kid still quotes this one :wacko:

Predator :D

Big Trouble in Little China :bash:

Indiana Jones? Does anybody remember the end when the ghosts fly out and MELT PEOPLE'S FACES?

G'night sonny boy! Sleep well . . . . . . . . tomorrow we'll watch the sequel, where they pluck the still beating heart from a live human sacrifice . . . and it bursts into FLAMES! YEAH!

Edited by CaptainHook

not the original, that is for sure (of course, it is funny as hell for us adults--in part because of laughing at what they got away with 30 years ago)

"Kikes, spics, n*ggers, a spazz and now a crummy GIRL? This is the worst team ever!"

not the original, that is for sure (of course, it is funny as hell for us adults--in part because of laughing at what they got away with 30 years ago)

"They" got away with 30 years ago? So you were always the taped-glasses, pocket protector wearing diminutive nerd you are now?