[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HUDDLERS' 2010 NFL MOCK DRAFT!

irish

No worries about starting a controversy as that's what these mocks are all about. Picks being made and opinions being shared. There's no doubt that QB is a need for the Rams and a fairly high one. However, I just don't think that there's a QB in this draft worth taking at #1 and since we're doing a mock and there's no trading of picks, the choice came down to 2 players and I took Suh, which also fills a hugh need as I believe I read somewhere that the Rams only have one legit starting DT in Clifton Ryan.

:wacko: The Rams signed Fred Robbins 3 days ago.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko: The Rams signed Fred Robbins 3 days ago.

Thanks, good call and now that I think about it I do remember reading that. Not that I would change the pick as I think either Suh or McCoy will be the choice. In the real draft maybe they trade down but that would be tough to do.

I say if Peteteacher responds before Furd does, and his pick differs from the one you had in his place, it should be changed. No harm in that, I don't think. But yeah, once Furd picks (if it's before Peteteacher logs back in) then Suh is locked in at 1.01.

Edited by Charles

I say if Peteteacher responds before Furd does, and his pick differs from the one you had in his place, it should be changed. No harm in that, I don't think. But yeah, once Furd picks (if it's before Peteteacher logs back in) then Suh is locked in at 1.01.

Yeah, I have no issue with that whatsoever as this is only a mock. It's not like anyone has money riding on this. We'll see what happens...

Ok... I'm pissed.

Suh was who I'd penciled in for the Chiefs at #5.

:wacko:

:D That's unfortunate. If only I didn't take him, he was a lock to fall to you. :D

I say hell w/changing the pick. wtph w/signing up for this and disappearing.

Have gone back n forth on who the Rams should pick. QB is the most important position on the team and they have jack squat - but neither top QB is 1.01 worthy IMO, at least on paper.

OK sometime today for the 1.02 would be great....

The Redskins would be pretty psyched to sit at 4 and have a choice between the two players that fit their biggest needs.....Sam Bradford and QB and Russell Okung at OT.

I hope that Shanahan pitched a 3-5 year plan to restore the Redskins to long term competitiveness, because if he did that, he inevitably said that the return to competitiveness starts with building up your line, and this is a great draft to do this in....10 of the top 100 players available are offensive tackles (with an additional 5 top 100 player offensive lineman out of the G and C position).

The Redskins line was absolutely abysmal this year, between injuries, inexperience, and poor scheming they never gave Portis/Betts/Ganther/Cartright many big holes to run through, and we won't even talk about how much time poor Jason Campbell had to make decisions. The retirement of stalwart Chris Samuels is the final straw...if Okung can be the sort of player Samuels was when we drafted him back in 2000, he will be a big part of the Redskin resurgence.

Okung also played college ball in a spread system, which means he blocked in space, which should make an easy and effective transition into the Redskins zone blocking system under Shanahan.

For what it's worth, Suh was my pick, thanks Irish. Defense wins champions Ladies!! Sorry for not being on the ball, won't happen round two!!!!! I have been busier than a one armed paper hanger. Getting the kids ready for their Constitution test.

Copy / paste from the huddle's player evals:

Playing for Kirk Ferentz at Iowa, you know Bryan Bulaga is sound fundamentally. He’s also an outstanding athlete, especially considering he’s 6-6 and 312 pounds. Bulaga lifted his stock in the Hawkeyes’ Orange Bowl win over Georgia Tech, taking highly regarded defensive end Derrick Morgan completely out of the game; as a result, he opted to forego his senior season and declare for the draft. The primary concerns scouts have—technique and strength—can be addressed through coaching, the weight room, and Bulaga maturing physically. Assuming a thyroid condition that cost him three games last season checks out at the Combine, Bulaga is a lock for the first round and could sneak into the top 10.

Bulaga is (imo) more versatile than Trent Williams (who I perceive as more of a run blocker than a pass blocker, and with Weis as the OC, KC should be tossing the rock more than a little bit), hence the pick of Bulaga.

As much as Rams fans may want Suh, Stafford will be selected #1 by the Rams.

I don't think that the Lions are going to throw him back into the draft.

But I'm not an insider.

Copy / paste from the huddle's player evals:

Playing for Kirk Ferentz at Iowa, you know Bryan Bulaga is sound fundamentally. He’s also an outstanding athlete, especially considering he’s 6-6 and 312 pounds. Bulaga lifted his stock in the Hawkeyes’ Orange Bowl win over Georgia Tech, taking highly regarded defensive end Derrick Morgan completely out of the game; as a result, he opted to forego his senior season and declare for the draft. The primary concerns scouts have—technique and strength—can be addressed through coaching, the weight room, and Bulaga maturing physically. Assuming a thyroid condition that cost him three games last season checks out at the Combine, Bulaga is a lock for the first round and could sneak into the top 10.

Bulaga is (imo) more versatile than Trent Williams (who I perceive as more of a run blocker than a pass blocker, and with Weis as the OC, KC should be tossing the rock more than a little bit), hence the pick of Bulaga.

Yeah, I think Bulaga is certainly the safest pick of the O-lineman outside of Okung. On tape, it seemed like his biggest weakness was actually athleticism. I don't know that he'll ever be an all-pro or a guy that you simply can't ever get around, but he'll almost certainly be very consistent and solid. If the Seahawks can't have Bradford, he is the guy I hope the Hawks can get. Williams and Campbell may have a little more upside, but I think Bulaga has less bust potential than those two.

Yeah, I think Bulaga is certainly the safest pick of the O-lineman outside of Okung. On tape, it seemed like his biggest weakness was actually athleticism. I don't know that he'll ever be an all-pro or a guy that you simply can't ever get around, but he'll almost certainly be very consistent and solid. If the Seahawks can't have Bradford, he is the guy I hope the Hawks can get. Williams and Campbell may have a little more upside, but I think Bulaga has less bust potential than those two.

this was only one pick of the four that we're going to make; CD, you're up for the next one

After the disappointing Combine 40 time of Joe Haden, I decided that the Browns would select Williams to shore up their O Line for the next 8 - 10 years. He and Joe Thomas would give the Browns an exceptional tackle combo to deal with the always rugged defenses in the NFL north. Would have loved Okung or Berry to slip down to here but that ain't gonna happen so we'll run with Williams (literally and figuratively).

Here is the Huddle assessment of Williams:

Trent Williams (6-5, 318) is a dominating run blocker who was versatile enough to play both left and right tackle at an All-American level at Oklahoma. His pass protection technique needs some refinement, but it’s certainly more NFL-ready than the Sooner he replaced, Phil Loadholt—a second-round pick who started at right tackle for the Vikings last year. Comparisons to the Saints’ Jammal Brown suggest that Williams is as solid an option as you’ll find in this class.

Tackles are going fast and furious.

Edited by Mojo20

Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers is the pick for Oakland.

Tom Cable knows the OL needs help, and while Dan Williams or Ralando McClain could also be the picks here to sure up a very weak run defense from 2009, Cable will throw his weight around and try to get the best offensive lineman available.

While Al Davis will be tempted to go with Bruce Campbell because of his combine workouts, on tape Davis is the better tackle as far as technique and durability goes. At 20 years old, with a nice long contract Davis will be the Raiders' starting right tackle for the next 7+ years.

Please Al Davis. DO NOT PICK CAMPBELL.

Wow, tackles go in 4 of the first 8. The Bills could very well make it 5 of 9. Not looking good for the Seahawks at 14.

I just had to go with Bradford at 6, especially with the top two tackles gone. Funny that Keggerz says that fans pick would be a QB for the Rams. The exact opposite is true of the Seahawks. I would probably get lynched by my brethren for taking Bradford at 6 and waiting on the O-line. I just had to do it. QB is just too important. The Hawks passed on Sanchez last year to take an OLB, I just couldn't do it again. If not this year, and not these QB's, who is going to be the QB of the future for the Hawks? The Seahawks need to take a risk, close their eyes and hope for the best. I think Bradford is a good risk to take.