[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HUDDLERS' 2010 NFL MOCK DRAFT!

irish

The selection of FS, Taylor Mays for the Boys makes for a very intriguing pick. Mays is unmatched in terms of the height, weight and speed ratio at the position. Mays is absolutely ripped and can be a nice presence in the secondary. However, there is plenty of downside to Mays as well. He's not great at reading the play and is therefore, slow to anticipate a developing play. He doesn't have good ball skills, especially for a guy his size. Seems to get out of position by taking poor angles. Again, for a guy his size, he's not a great tackler and all these negatives stick out even more when you consider that he was a 4-year starter.

Taz is now on the clock for the Chargers...

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The selection of FS, Taylor Mays for the Boys makes for a very intriguing pick. Mays is unmatched in terms of the height, weight and speed ratio at the position. Mays is absolutely ripped and can be a nice presence in the secondary. However, there is plenty of downside to Mays as well. He's not great at reading the play and is therefore, slow to anticipate a developing play. He doesn't have good ball skills, especially for a guy his size. Seems to get out of position by taking poor angles. Again, for a guy his size, he's not a great tackler and all these negatives stick out even more when you consider that he was a 4-year starter.

Taz is now on the clock for the Chargers...

So they should just give him the no.31 and put Williams on his nameplate.

I like the pick of RB for the Chargers, but I think that there is a different tailback they'd be dying to pick if the draft fell the way it has in this mock.

Well, I was thinking of him too, but Dwyer is a great compliment to Sproles in a Charger Thunder and Lighting attack. I actually like Dwyer abit better than Spiller.

I like the pick of RB for the Chargers, but I think that there is a different tailback they'd be dying to pick if the draft fell the way it has in this mock.

Well, I was thinking of him too, but Dwyer is a great compliment to Sproles in a Charger Thunder and Lighting attack. I actually like Dwyer abit better than Spiller.

Just because everybody is thinking that A.J. will pick a running back in the first round, I'm going to say that he WON'T. He's just too unpredictable. :wacko:

Just because everybody is thinking that A.J. will pick a running back in the first round, I'm going to say that he WON'T. He's just too unpredictable. :wacko:

I would have actually taken Weatherspoon here if he was available. Just so ya know. :D

I wasn't a huge fan of what was left on the board. I felt like some people really didn't try to address a teams needs and just sorta picked whoever they liked. Either way, the Jets were going DL or WR. I liked my boy out of Illionois, a lot actually. He's young and very athletic and i think with the right coaching he could be a really great WR. Obviously Golden Tate was a better choice but he wasn't on the board.

The Vikings have a lot of needs, so they can pick the BPA and in this case with the help of 2V, it was Kyle Wilson, CB from Boise State. Honestly, I don't know much about this guy, but reading some of the reports, he could go mid 1st to late 1st round. The Vikings could go in many directions here, but I don't think they will reach for a QB. If there is one they like, they might take him depending on how their board ranked. They have been preaching BPA available for 4 years now and its worked out ok.

The Vikings have a lot of needs, so they can pick the BPA and in this case with the help of 2V, it was Kyle Wilson, CB from Boise State. Honestly, I don't know much about this guy, but reading some of the reports, he could go mid 1st to late 1st round. The Vikings could go in many directions here, but I don't think they will reach for a QB. If there is one they like, they might take him depending on how their board ranked. They have been preaching BPA available for 4 years now and its worked out ok.

Well TBH, i liked your pick a lot. It addresses a need of the Vikings. And to be very blunt. Nobody else seems to agree with me that this is a huge group of QB coming in, some of them may not be "NFL Ready". But if you're gonna tell me a Colt McCoy or Tim Tebow sits behind Favre (Hopfully) for a year he's not going to learn how to play NFL QB at a high level? I see one year of benching behind a solid NFL QB will do wonders for any of these kids. Plus they can grab a QB 2nd/3rd round

Agree with all Outshined has to say here. I'd be surprised if Wilson is available in the real draft, but with Ced Griffin likely unavailable at the start of the year and Bennie Sapp the backup option until Asher Allen is ready a cornerback makes tons of sense here. Devin McCourty would fit the bill as well if Wilson is already gone. He's an Antoine Winfield type, which certainly isn't a bad type to be, and Minny could opt for a bigger CB later in the draft (word is they're interested in Chris Cook). But there are offensive linemen and defensive tackles who would fill needs likely to be available in rounds two and three; there won't be a cornerback as good as Wilson on the board at that point.

As for a QB, they'd have to be pretty sold on McCoy or Tebow to take them in R1 with other needs and talent still available. In R2, on the other hand, McCoy would make sense; Tebow maybe, but he'd likely need two years of understudy work and I don't know that they can bank on two more years of Favre.

Agree with all Outshined has to say here. I'd be surprised if Wilson is available in the real draft, but with Ced Griffin likely unavailable at the start of the year and Bennie Sapp the backup option until Asher Allen is ready a cornerback makes tons of sense here. Devin McCourty would fit the bill as well if Wilson is already gone. He's an Antoine Winfield type, which certainly isn't a bad type to be, and Minny could opt for a bigger CB later in the draft (word is they're interested in Chris Cook). But there are offensive linemen and defensive tackles who would fill needs likely to be available in rounds two and three; there won't be a cornerback as good as Wilson on the board at that point.

As for a QB, they'd have to be pretty sold on McCoy or Tebow to take them in R1 with other needs and talent still available. In R2, on the other hand, McCoy would make sense; Tebow maybe, but he'd likely need two years of understudy work and I don't know that they can bank on two more years of Favre.

Would've liked Wilson in Green Bay too.

I'm starting to lose interest. This extremely slow. Are we doing more than 1 round? If so, can we put a time limit on each pick?

I agree with this. I think 24 hours is pretty reasonable.

Don't make the commitment if you're not going to make an effort to participate.

I agree with this. I think 24 hours is pretty reasonable.

Don't make the commitment if you're not going to make an effort to participate.

This year's version has definitely had some hang-ups that have slowed us to a halt. Last year we did 3 rounds and I feel that getting through this first round has been brutal. Doing a second round (and even 3rd) would be fine by me but I just don't know if the group as a whole can sustain it. :wacko:

This year's version has definitely had some hang-ups that have slowed us to a halt. Last year we did 3 rounds and I feel that getting through this first round has been brutal. Doing a second round (and even 3rd) would be fine by me but I just don't know if the group as a whole can sustain it. :wacko:

I think we should just make the next selection and move on without whoever is holding us up...

I have a pick for the Colts all lined up but I wanted to chat with a homer to get some insight...

Anyone?

Take 2v's pick from his mock draft.

I just took the guy I thought best fit what the Colts need in DT, Jared Odrick, Penn State. The Colts need O-line help both at OT and OG but they also need help at DT and Odrick was the highest ranked player at the position. It seems as if the Colts have had difficutly filling that role. Muir and Johnson are underrated, Moala is still developing. 4th rounder from last year, Taylor was cut in the spring and Pitcock from '07 quit football. Not sure if they added anyone this offseason but getting Odrick here will help solidify the group.

tbimm is on the clock for the Saints and then I need to find the order for round 2.

I just took the guy I thought best fit what the Colts need in DT, Jared Odrick, Penn State. The Colts need O-line help both at OT and OG but they also need help at DT and Odrick was the highest ranked player at the position. It seems as if the Colts have had difficutly filling that role. Muir and Johnson are underrated, Moala is still developing. 4th rounder from last year, Taylor was cut in the spring and Pitcock from '07 quit football. Not sure if they added anyone this offseason but getting Odrick here will help solidify the group.

tbimm is on the clock for the Saints and then I need to find the order for round 2.

That's an awesome pick...except I was hoping he would last until the 3rd pick of the 2nd round for me. DANGIT!!!

That's an awesome pick...except I was hoping he would last until the 3rd pick of the 2nd round for me. DANGIT!!!

Wasn't going to happen as he would have been the Saints pick at 32.

I could have gone with several D lineman and I am almost 100% positive that if the Saints use the pick it will be on a DE or DT.

I'm watching NFLN Path to the draft...and then I'll select between fat boy Terrence Cody and Ryan Mathews

The obvious need here is defensive Line, but I just don't believe in Terrence Cody. I see him eating his way out of the NFL, plus he's not the prototypical 3 technique DT the Bucs need in there system. And as far as Mathews is concerned, I see him as a steal at this point in the draft. Even though it seems the Bucs are loaded at RB, there just loaded with mediocrity. Mathews could be a solid RB for the next 6-7 years with which ever mediocre RB the Bucs decide to keep with him as relief. Plus the Bucs have another selection at the 42nd spot to draft a DT.