[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Miss. school prom off after lesbian's date request

buddahj

Maybe they don't want to hide who they are.

Who are they?

If one seeks validation from people who do not like them then they have larger issues than practicing the Catholic Friday diet seven days per week.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are they?

If one seeks validation from people who do not like them then they have larger issues than practicing the Catholic Friday diet seven days per week.

How is wanting to go to the prom as a couple "seeking validation from people who don't like them"?

How is wanting to go to the prom as a couple "seeking validation from people who don't like them"?

Why not go separately and meet there? I'm not saying thy should have to, I'm just saying that if for some reason (that I felt unjust) I was not allowed to go to with the girl of my choosing I would just meet her there. They obviously need some sort of validation here.

Why not go separately and meet there? I'm not saying thy should have to, I'm just saying that if for some reason (that I felt unjust) I was not allowed to go to with the girl of my choosing I would just meet her there. They obviously need some sort of validation here.

Why should they be treated any differently than a straight couple? I'm to the point in my life that I could care less who someone is dating. Why do people still feel the need to force their ideals upon other people. Last I checked...we were still living in a free country. Just my :wacko: .

Why should they be treated any differently than a straight couple? I'm to the point in my life that I could care less who someone is dating. Why do people still feel the need to force their ideals upon other people. Last I checked...we were still living in a free country. Just my :wacko: .

Exactly, because nobody else has to go through some BS to go with the date of their choosing. Polk, replace this situation with an interracial couple. Imagine how effed up it would sound if people were advocating that this interracial couple need merely arrive separately to avoid issue.

The onus is not on them to make it comfy for everyone else. The onus is on everyone else to get over themselves and just worry about their own freaking deal.

Edited by detlef

Exactly, because nobody else has to go through some BS to go with the date of their choosing. Polk, replace this situation with an interracial couple. Imagine how effed up it would sound if people were advocating that this interracial couple need merely arrive separately to avoid issue.

I'd venture that none of the other gals announced they planned to wear a tux, though, too.

These ladies ought to be able to go together and have fun and it shouldnt be an issue at all. It is, though, and you could argue part of it is their own doing.

The onus is not on them to make it comfy for everyone else. The onus is on everyone else to get over themselves and just worry about their own freaking deal.

how come real life lesbos are nowhere near as hot as fantasy land lesbos?

Imagine if it were interracial lesbians. Like Halle Berry and Vanessa Williams or that hawt chick from the original Battlestar Galactica and the bald chick from Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Mmmmm.

It's simple really, the people who run this school have grandpappies who burned crosses (or they themselves still do), and they go to churches that tell them the homosexuals are going to roast in hell, unless they find Jaaaaaysus and are cured of it. It's simple unadulterated ignorance and ingrained religious dogma, and mark my words, if it's not Ellen flying down there to pay for a prom, it's going to be Rosie, Oprah or Melissa Etheridge, possibly all of them. They're going to hold a press conference and see how much pressure these hayseeds can bear.

I'm just saying that I would do it and not care. I thin one of the major problems in our society is people demanding acceptance for everything. A lot of people do not accept me for the things I do but I couldn't care less. Why don't these girls put on their big girl panties/coveralls and get over it. What is a pair of klansmen or sheep rapers wanted to come. Should they be excluded?

I thin one of the major problems in our society is people demanding acceptance for everything.

I think you're right, but the real issue here is another major problem with society -- people being killjoy chalupas...to the extent they would rather cancel prom then have the two dykes show up together.

I'd venture that none of the other gals announced they planned to wear a tux, though, too.

These ladies ought to be able to go together and have fun and it shouldnt be an issue at all. It is, though, and you could argue part of it is their own doing.

Maybe she digs wearing guy's clothes. Maybe that's her thing because she's not feminine. There's nothing wrong with that and it shouldn't be seen as her trying to make a statement. Maybe she feels weird wearing a dress. Provided she is dressed in a manner that is not lurid and/or "fancy enough" for the occasion (which a tux most certainly qualifies), she should be able to dress however she feels right.

I'm just saying that I would do it and not care. I thin one of the major problems in our society is people demanding acceptance for everything. A lot of people do not accept me for the things I do but I couldn't care less. Why don't these girls put on their big girl panties/coveralls and get over it. What is a pair of klansmen or sheep rapers wanted to come. Should they be excluded?

I think you are making a major stretch if you are implying that accepting those who are members of a group specifically linked with lynchings and hate or raping farm animals is the same as accepting someone for their sexual orientation.

I also think that being willing to arrive separately from your date because someone doesn't approve of that date is very cowardly. That date deserves to walk in on your arm just like every other date. Your cavalier attitude in this matter is most certainly born from a position of never having been faced with tiptoeing around prejudice.

I think you are making a major stretch if you are implying that accepting those who are members of a group specifically linked with lynchings and hate or raping farm animals is the same as accepting someone for their sexual orientation.

I seriously hope this is :D but for the life of me I can't figure out how it could be. Considering the source, I guess it makes sense.

:wacko:

the school policy specifically says prom dates must be a member of the opposite sex. apparently, the school is ok with klansman or sheep rapers, because its policy doesn't specifically name those. regardless, in your scenario, the girls would show up separately, then start dancing together, likely forcing school chaperones to intervene and toss the girls out the prom, and everyone would be going on about how these girls just tried to make it all about themselves. yeah, that would be a better scenario.

I seriously hope this is :D but for the life of me I can't figure out how it could be. Considering the source, I guess it makes sense.

:wacko:

Um, beastiality is illegal most places. Homosexuality is not. Where, kind sir, should we draw the line?

A related note: Just to make sure I wasn't imagining anything, I wiki'd beastiality laws" and came across a page discussing "zoophilia". I would suggest that nobody else go down this path. Just saying.

Though there were some hot paintings of an octopus and a swan going down on a woman. NSFW

I think you're right, but the real issue here is another major problem with society -- people being killjoy assholes...to the extent they would rather cancel prom then have the two dykes show up together.

Agreed as well. It's possible though that the school decided the issue had already become such a hot topic that they thought the prom itself would become a media circus & end up being all about the lesbians anyway rather than just a prom & decided to cancel it to avoid subjecting the other kids to that. Bad idea with hindsight being 20/20, but that may have been their thinking rather than doing it just to slight the lesbo's.

A related note: Just to make sure I wasn't imagining anything, I wiki'd beastiality laws" and came across a page discussing "zoophilia". I would suggest that nobody else go down this path. Just saying.

Though there were some hot paintings of an octopus and a swan going down on a woman. NSFW

I really didn't need to know that.

Maybe she digs wearing guy's clothes. Maybe that's her thing because she's not feminine. There's nothing wrong with that and it shouldn't be seen as her trying to make a statement. Maybe she feels weird wearing a dress. Provided she is dressed in a manner that is not lurid and/or "fancy enough" for the occasion (which a tux most certainly qualifies), she should be able to dress however she feels right.

I dont disagree with you at all. Just saying she must have made a point of letting them know that(wearing a tux) was her intent or else it wouldnt be part of the story. In a perfect world, she should be able to wear anything formal(as you said) and go with whomever she chooses. The world she lives in, though, says same sex dates are not allowed at Prom. Yet she decided to approach them and lobby that she could bring her girlfriend and one of them was going to wear a tux. It might have been interpreted that the girls were making a mockery of the whole thing which may have been all the excuse the school needed to scrap the whole thing. The only point I was trying to make was that insisting that one of them was going to wear a tux (no matter what the reason she wanted to wear it) was not going to help their case for being allowed to go to this prom.

So did they go to the school & ask if they would be allowed to go as a couple? If so, why would they do that unless they were looking to make it an issue? Straight couples don't go and ask if they can go together. All things being equal, why should gay couples even consider doing it any differently (pun intended)? I've got to wonder if their true intent was to make a statement rather than just wanting to go to the prom & if that's the case then they deserve what they get. High school prom should be about kids going to a social event and enjoying themselves, not gay awareness.

Now, if they were singled out simply because they are gay then I agree with everyone else & the school board needs to have their collective arses kicked, but I think there is a lot more to the story than what is being reported.

ETA: I've got to read the end of the article before replying :wacko:

They said that this was a problem in the past - so it may well be that they were being responsible in asking first. Why rent a tux, buy a dress and tickets - only to be kicked out.

And... seeing as there is nothing obsene about a tux - and that a tux is formal attire - and that women wear pant suits all of the time - I don't see the problem with one of them wearing - or wanting to wear a tux.

Forcing a girl to wear a dress seems pretty crude to me...