[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Finally moving from CBS to MFL - questions on setup and history

Steelhead

After 10 years of being on CBS I am finally moving my local league over to MFL. It looks like tranferring league history is pretty manual, does anyone know if there's some type of utility or automated process to bring it over?

Also I am an html idiot so if anyone is well versed in setting up the looks/feel of their FF sites i'd like to ask some questions. Please let me know and I'll pm you.

Thanks!

They run specials providing discounts for people converting from other hosts.

http://www.myfantasyleague.com/fantasy-foo...rade-to-mfl.php

Thank you very much...I used it last year for a Master's league and for MSHB II and really like the artwork capabilities. It also seemed to have all the same features except I noticed the realtime scoring was not quite as fast nor as easy to read, but it probably just takes some getting used to.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

Yes, that is exactly what I needed...I am seriously going to make the move without even letting them vote on it. It is family and very close friends and I am sure they will see it my way, especially since I can transfer the history, which I guess I better print out soon or CBS will trash it.

I've done some more research and it looks like you can transfer history but it's a manual process. They only give you the capability to set up previous seasons as individual sites. I'm working on 2001 right now. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. This is freaking tedious.

oh and can someone answer my original question instead of bashing CBS?

Edited by Steelhead

I've done some more research and it looks like you can transfer history but it's a manual process. They only give you the capability to set up previous seasons as individual sites. I'm working on 2001 right now. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. This is freaking tedious.

oh and can someone answer my original question instead of bashing CBS?

Have you tried contacting the sales team at MFL? I believe they have said they can assist on history transfer. They may have some way to get you up and running faster behind the scenes.

As for the html stuff, yes, some here can answer questions, but they have a VERY good support community on their own support forums with sections dedicated to coding and graphic design. I strongly recommend using their dedicated forums.

http://forums.myfantasyleague.com/forums/index.php

Edited by smithkt

Have you tried contacting the sales team at MFL? I believe they have said they can assist on history transfer. They may have some way to get you up and running faster behind the scenes.

As for the html stuff, yes, some here can answer questions, but they have a VERY good support community on there own support forums with sections dedicated to coding and graphic design. I strongly recommend using their dedicated forums.

http://forums.myfantasyleague.com/forums/index.php

This is gold advice here.

This is gold advice here.

Thanks guys. I emailed the sales team and as for html will defintiely check out their forum.

I hope they can assist with the 10 years of history I need to bring over. I have the first 6 dumped into an access db so hopefully something from that is salvagable.

I am definitely excited to start using MFL.

Thank you very much...I used it last year for a Master's league and for MSHB II and really like the artwork capabilities. It also seemed to have all the same features except I noticed the realtime scoring was not quite as fast nor as easy to read, but it probably just takes some getting used to.

If you have more than one league with MFL, you can see league scoring for each of them at one place. Check into the My Fantasy League Gameday program that you can download.

Edited by MikesVikes

• 4 weeks later...
I paid $144.95 for CBS last year...how much is MFL? Isn't it around $80-$90? And if they can transfer history, I can make it happen (or if I jsut type it in)

Yeah i believe its right around there . I transferred from fanball last year and I don't know if they still do it but if you are coming from a different site to theirs its half off. Also if you were with them last year and rejoin before 6/10 you get a $20 discount.

I paid $144.95 for CBS last year...how much is MFL? Isn't it around $80-$90? And if they can transfer history, I can make it happen (or if I jsut type it in)

They have a deal if you move your league from a competitor it's only $44.95 for the first year. After that:

* $69.95 per league if purchased by June 10, 2010

* $79.95 per league if purchased by July 31, 2010

* $89.95 per league if purchased on or after August 1, 2010

• 2 weeks later...
One thing that our league like about CBS is the ability to add stories and polls. We have a few very creative owners and it provides me with endless laughs. Can you do that on MFL??

I know stories are there.