[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Flyers vs Habs.

Do Work Son

:wacko:

Well, that was a rather uninspiring first game.

Then again, it looked eerily similar to most of the Canadiens games against the Caps and the Pens, only this time Halak couldn't carry them and Leighton played great when he had to.

It's only one game though, hopefully they can turn it around.

It's only one game though

+1

Big worry here is that the Flyers haven't had an opportunity to be overcome by a false sense of security at all this playoff year. This is the 1st game of any kind where they truly dominated an opponent for 60 minutes.

Flyers need to make sure they continue to play with the same level of desperation every game...their just not skilled enough to win on talent alone.

:wacko: I was wondering the same thing. I have a feeling the Flyers aren't as good as last night....and the Habs certainly are not as bad.

I think the real key will be for Philly to win Game 2. Halak has always bounced back after a loss, if the Flyers can beat him again I think doubt could start to set in. Keep in mind, for large portions of the Habs-Pens series the Pens thoroughly outplayed Montreal, but Halak kept the in it. If they lose that safety blanket it could be a short series.

After a game like that I ask myself how in the hell the Penguins couldn't beat the Habs. :tup:

[softball] 'Cause they aren't as good as the Flyers [/softball]

come on swammi...have to take a shot when you can...even if you know it isn't true wont make it sting any less for Hugh :wacko:

[softball] 'Cause they aren't as good as the Flyers [/softball]

come on swammi...have to take a shot when you can...even if you know it isn't true wont make it sting any less for Hugh :wacko:

well, the Flyers DID advance further into the Playoffs :tup:

Yes, and may Canadian teams, Marian Hossa, The Flyers, The Rangers, Alex Ovechkin, and the Devils never see another one again. :wacko:

i almost agree with all of this except for the canadian teams , just once before i pass on, i want to see the leafs lift the cup , the rest of the league can keep it after that , i just need to see that miracles can happen , other than the one at lake placid.

wow , back to back playoff shutouts for a guy who was signed , traded and put on waivers 8 times , including by the canadians , in the past years. not that it hurts my feelings to see the Habs lose, but you want to see a riot , see what happens if they lose this series , especially in a sweep, which probably wont happen as most teams can at least take one at home.

wow , back to back playoff shutouts for a guy who was signed , traded and put on waivers 8 times , including by the canadians , in the past years. not that it hurts my feelings to see the Habs lose, but you want to see a riot , see what happens if they lose this series , especially in a sweep, which probably wont happen as most teams can at least take one at home.

Remember, if Canadiens fans are "unruly", it's because they are passionate fans, please don't use the word riot unless referring to Americans. TIA.

Hugh, Thanks for the clarification on the proper terms used to distingush criminal activites , i forgot that we canadians are just being "passionate" when we loot, vandilize, burn up property and resist arrest.

so for future reference

criminals around the world who are "unruly" during "celebrating" sports teams wins or losses are

sucky passionte fans

USA- rioters

English Soccer fans- Idiots??

Hugh, Thanks for the clarification on the proper terms used to distingush criminal activites , i forgot that we canadians are just being "passionate" when we loot, vandilize, burn up property and resist arrest.

so for future reference

criminals around the world who are "unruly" during "celebrating" sports teams wins or losses are

sucky passionte fans

USA- rioters

Soccer fans- morans

fixed

While Leighton has been moved around a bit from team to team, he played very well in his limited opportunities this year. He's on fire right now, but it's not like it was an anomaly this season - he posted some pretty decent numbers for the Flyers before he got hurt.

:wacko: C'mon Montreal, you gonna let this ham and egger beat you?

Philly looked terrible, they hung Leighton out to dry. They looked slow, were backing up constantly, tons of giveaways, etc. Pretty much a terrible game from start to finish. Nice job of letting the Habs and Halak regain their confidence. :wacko: