[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

chi @ sj

Bier Meister

from what i saw....

-both teams were very aggressive

-both goalies played very well

-all three goals aren't the ones that should have found the net

-the ref error on the final penality means nothing. you need to put the puck in the net.

-an overall wonderful hockey game.

I don't recall Joe Thornton being such a hatchet guy with his stick. He tried to break Bolland's wrist twice tonight.

This Hawks team is fast and if the Sharks don't find a way to slow them down, it could be ugly. Outside of the top two lines for the Sharks, I don't see their other guys doing much of anything, certainly nothing that's a threat.

The Hawks neutral zone play in the third period was beautiful.

Faster, better defense, and better goaltending...so far. :wacko:

If the Hawks go to the Cup and lose, you can thank Marian Hossa. :wacko:

You really believe all of that stuff, huh?

He's as good of a two way player you can find in the league. I understand people would be bitter about him, but I'm not.

And if the Hawks go to the Cup and lose, it would be a hugh step in the right direction regardless of Hossa.

while i thought game 1 was pretty even, i thought chi did a great job controlling game 2. sj had plenty of opportunities.........

just hope they can find a little of what got them there.

He's as good of a two way player you can find in the league. I understand people would be bitter about him, but I'm not.

And if the Hawks go to the Cup and lose, it would be a hugh step in the right direction regardless of Hossa.

No, I don't "believe" it, but it's kinda funny. And it's very easy to be bitter as a Pens fan, he took a 1 year deal for less money to play for Detroit when the Pens offered him a 4 year deal, because he thought he had a better chance to win in Detroit. This after being in the Cup Finals with the Penguins who were clearly a young team with potential. So yeah, I'm bitter, and I think it's great that he lost his second Cup Finals appearance, and would thoroughly enjoy him never winning a Cup. And all BS aside, there's something to guys who can win and guys who can't, even in team sports. Great numbers, great two-way player, great passer, zero Cups. Which one has the most meaning?

hell hath no fury like a woman bald swiss man scorned.

No, I don't "believe" it, but it's kinda funny. And it's very easy to be bitter as a Pens fan, he took a 1 year deal for less money to play for Detroit when the Pens offered him a 4 year deal, because he thought he had a better chance to win in Detroit. This after being in the Cup Finals with the Penguins who were clearly a young team with potential. So yeah, I'm bitter, and I think it's great that he lost his second Cup Finals appearance, and would thoroughly enjoy him never winning a Cup. And all BS aside, there's something to guys who can win and guys who can't, even in team sports. Great numbers, great two-way player, great passer, zero Cups. Which one has the most meaning?

True dat buddy...but I didn't really follow his drama, and since he's gotten here he's been the consumate pro. He's on the 2nd line, sometimes 3rd line, he backchecks better than anyone I've seen, he's a horse that is tough to get off the puck, and he's on a great young team again. I've not seen him do a single thing that would lead me to believe he's a loser, perhaps made some bad choices. If not this year, he'll be right in the mix for several years with this team. We're glad to have him.

so you would want a guy that has crap numbers, plays a one-way game, and cant pass, but has a few rings??

Congrats Gil. Before the playoffs a decent amount of people questioned whether Nabby could lead them far Into the playoffs I thought the sharks had enough firepower to overcome. It. wouldn't be surprised to see them send him packing.

Edited by Bier Meister