[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Advice: Steven Jackson/Mike Williams for Wells/Laurent Robinson/1st rounder

ZEB

I am in a 12 person dynasty style league....PPR.... 23 man roster....

Which side of this trade do you like better...???

Steven Jackson/Mike Williams for Beanie Wells/Laurent Robinson/1st Round Pick in 2011 Rookie Draft

Which side would you rather be on?

I assume we're talking about Mike Williams, the Bucs' rookie WR?

If so, I've got to say SJax/Williams. There's a logjam at WR in St. Louis, so we have no idea who's going to emerge. I like Wells, but Hightower isn't going anywhere. The future pick is a little risky. If it ends up being the bottom of the first round, you may be hard pressed to find a player with Williams' upside. Williams may be the highest risk/reward in this year's draft. I think he's going to want to get paid and that will be enough motivation for him to outplay his rookie contract. He's a 4th round pick, so he's not getting those guaranteed millions that a lot of other players in his boat (great talent, not so great character) have gotten.

I like the Wells side too. SJAX is great. Unfortunately, he's peaked, and is on the downside. The back injury bothers me a lot. You're taking a chance with Wells, who may never be as good as SJAX, but you're going younger. Plus, Wells is on a better team. I also like the upside of Laurent Robinson for the short term, whereas Mike Williams is still unknown.

since no one besides SJ has proven anything, then I'm guessing you're referring to him. I know it's being reported as minor surgery, but a herniated disc is never minor. I have dropped him accordingly :wacko:

Perhaps SJ puts up more FF points this year, but we are talking dynasty and not everyone likes Clinton Portis and Brian Westbrook :tup:

ok well my comments on RB's the likes of Beanie the Weanie, McToothpick, Reggie Bush and others are well known, or not it seems, and I'll take a proven RB on a team that will involve him in the offense the majority of the time over guys that just won't pan out. Dynasty or not.

This trade is basically giving away SJ for Wells and a 2011 first. Would you do that trade? Thats the real question...forget the WR's.

I inherited SJax on a dynasty league team I took over a couple of weeks ago and wouldn't mind moving him, but I'm not sure Wells and a worst case scenario 1.12 first round pick in 2011 would be enough for me. Ideally, I'd like to trade him for 1.01 and take Matthews, but that probably won't be an option for me until/unless SJax proves he's healthy.

When I say "I'm not sure", I really mean "I'm not sure". Wells could be the better end of that deal. I'm just having a hard time getting a handle on what his fantasy value is going to be, especially with Warner and Boldin gone.

Edited by tomfin2000

thanks for the help fellas...much appreciated... something to keep in mind...the rest of my team looks like this... not sure if it helps the argument at all....but yeah...i digress

favre

flacco

orton

sjax

felix jones

johnathan stewart

brandon jacobs

willie parker

larry johnson

chester taylor

r moss

ocho

demaryious

m williams

josh morgan

james hardy

torry holt

chaz schilens

o daniels

pettigrew

--ZEB

You've got a lot of good players that are close to the beginning of their career and a lot of good players that are close to the end of their career, so you could still go either way with the SJax/Wells debate.

I think I'd actually be a little more tempted to take the Wells deal looking at your roster. It might take some air out of your tires in 2010, but you might be more on your way up than down in 2011 if you do the deal.

Since its a dynasty I would take Wells and a 2011 first. SJax just had back surgery which is a fairly big red flag. He's taken tons of punishment over the years. He might have 2 good years left and I think he'll be a shadow of his former self. Not to mention those 2 years he'll be playing for a crappy team. He's shown he can put up #s for a crappy team but his potential will never be maximized again.

It's amazing that you guys are mailing in a 26yr old stud RB already.

My bad, for some reason I kept thinking he was 28. He maybe has 3 years left. He may only be 26 but he's played 6 seasons already. He's had over 1500 carries in his career and several joint injuries. I would still probably side with Wells and the first though

It's amazing that you guys are mailing in a 26yr old stud RB already.

This statement coming from the owner who drafted Clinton Portis and Bryan Westbrook on a 16-team dynasty start-up in 2009. :wacko:

Last season, SJAX was magnificent considering that he had nothing around him. He will be 27 in July. The only reason anyone would consider getting rid of SJAX at the age of 27 is because of his injury history and his recent back surgery. Plus, he still plays on a bad team, so his heavy use may lead to more injury. This is a difficult call, but that back injury is going to scare folks away. SJAX is probably going to give at least another quality year, but after that, I'm a bit worried. I will admit that I thought he would fall off last year, and he didn't. If anyone can exceed expectations, it's Steven Jackson. Wells hasn't done much of anything, so it's a gamble either way.

The answer also depends on whether you think you can win this year. If you think you can win this year, then you should keep SJAX. Otherwise, I think I'd go with youth.

Edited by electricrelish

This statement coming from the owner who drafted Clinton Portis and Bryan Westbrook on a 16-team dynasty start-up in 2009. :tup:

:wacko:

Very true but I also drafted to win in 2009. That didn't pan out so yeah...I'm stuck with 2 garbage RB's. "These are the days of our FF lives"

I think I will certainly win my division, thus putting me into the playoffs...and once you are in the playoffs anything can happen...so can i win the league this year? Sure.....is it certain? Of course not. This is the only real interest ive gotten for SJax and it is mostly coming bc the guy that wants him is very much ready to win if he gets sjax....

My strategy has always been to have a team that is both young and ready to win....that mixture of young and old keeps you competitive every year.... if i trade SJax i get a great young talent and keep the cycle going...if i hang onto SJax then I will be missing out on an opportunity to sell high...(sadly, beanie/1st is considered high with the Sjax stigma) ....if SJax comes out this year and puts up a bazillion pts. the talk will be the same next year..."he can't keep this up"..."that was his last year"...."hes gonna fall off"......Thus lowering his value by one more year....

Looks like i can keep him and love the points he puts up for the next couple years fully knowing that i'm never gonna get good value for him again.... or i can call this offer "good value" and take the young stud and run.... sigh....

since my last post i have taken mike williams off of the table....at this point this is what i'm looking at....

Beanie/1st for SJax..... or if he balks at that i might consider offering Beanie/1st for Sjax/2nd or 3rd......

Of course that is if i wanna make the trade at all....keep the help comin guys this is a pretty big move for my squad...even though its just one guy....

Thanks Thanks Thanks

Z

I just looked at your lineup and based on that and you wanting to win it all this year, then I would keep SJAX. You know what you're getting with SJAX. Chris Wells is still unknown and Tim Hightower is going to get goal line TDs. No one is going to take away from SJAX. Plus, your other RB's are questionable. We know JStew splits with DWill and that's not going to change, so you can't always count on JStew. No one knows whether Felix Jones can handle the load of being the starter. Just cause they made him the starter, doesn't mean he's still not in a RBC.

SJAX gives you the best chance to win this year, especially in a PPR league. I'd stick with SJAX

Edited by electricrelish

You know what you're getting with SJAX.

...lol, yeah you're getting a season full of frustration and I still can't believe I traded CJ to you for him in GLS :wacko: ...anyway, I would go with the Wells deal

...lol, yeah you're getting a season full of frustration and I still can't believe I traded CJ to you for him in GLS :wacko: ...anyway, I would go with the Wells deal

Yeah, well he exceeded my expectations last year. I didn't think he would do that well.