[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texas Big Game Longhorns

T-Justice

ahhhh...... the Texas longhorns what's not to like about em they have the best head coach and defensive coordinator in the nation they always have the top recruiting class ,they've had 9 straight 10+ win seasons (most in ncaa) a lot of people thought it'd be almost impossible to replace vince young after the national championship winning season of 2005 and what do ya know a little 6ft 1in 176lb colt mccoy comes in and all he does is go 3 and 1 against the rival sooners and wins 45 games as a 4yr starter (most in ncaa history) next in line is garrett gilbert a different style qb with more size at 6ft 4in about 215 he already showed in the national championship game that he can play with the best of em.it was 23-20 4th quarter and 3min left to play against alabama even being that close with a freshman qb with no experience in the biggest stage in college football playing the tuffest defense was pretty impressive. he has poise,hes very accurate and has a strong arm he's gonna be great for the horns.

Texas didnt have much of a running game i'll admit that but they also had a big strong power back that was sittin on the bench redshirting the whole year by the name of chris whaley who dominated in high school and should be a huge help this year at the rb position also the horns recruited 2 of the nation's best wide receivers in darius white and mike davis so there shouldnt be any worries at wr.they also got (jackson jeffcoat) the best DE in the nation and (jordan hicks) best LB in the nation out of ohio so the Texas longhorns are gonna continue their dominance and are reloaded for the 2010 season.

:wacko: oh yeah i almost forgot...we have 53 active players in the nfl (most by any school) thats a whole nfl roster lol that doesnt even include this years draft class.

(HOOK EM' HORNS") :tup:

Edited by T-Justice

Dude I'm a hugh Texas fan, but they are the 3rd best team (and that may be giving them too much credit) in the Big 12 this year. They will no doubt be over-rated going into the season, but I'm afraid you are going to be a bit disappointed this year.

Dude I'm a hugh Texas fan, but they are the 3rd best team (and that may be giving them too much credit) in the Big 12 this year. They will no doubt be over-rated going into the season, but I'm afraid you are going to be a bit disappointed this year.

They'll be ranked in the top 5 on name value alone. They've lost a ton on D and even more on the other side of the ball. I'll tell you this, though: Garrett Gilbert has a cannon, and with a full summer as the #1 guy, he's going to be impressive, even this year. The run game will be better than many think, and the defense will come into its own.

Let's not forget, a bunch of talent escaped the Big-12 this summer. UT will have a chance at the Big-12 South, but it won't be easy.

They'll win 8-9 games and will obviously get a solid bowl bid.

They'll be ranked in the top 5 on name value alone. They've lost a ton on D and even more on the other side of the ball. I'll tell you this, though: Garrett Gilbert has a cannon, and with a full summer as the #1 guy, he's going to be impressive, even this year. The run game will be better than many think, and the defense will come into its own.

Let's not forget, a bunch of talent escaped the Big-12 this summer. UT will have a chance at the Big-12 South, but it won't be easy.

They'll win 8-9 games and will obviously get a solid bowl bid.

I agree with everything you said, with the possible exception of the rating. I think cooler heads will prevail and they will be ranked in the top 10 but not top 5. I think in reality they should probably about #15. I see both OU and Nebraska as being better than them in the Big 12

I agree with everything you said, with the possible exception of the rating. I think cooler heads will prevail and they will be ranked in the top 10 but not top 5. I think in reality they should probably about #15. I see both OU and Nebraska as being better than them in the Big 12

I can see somewhere around #8, and I think that ranking would hold merit. They lost a TON, but return some good, emerging talent and have a great set of new youngsters.

OU should be real good but I don't think Nebraska scares me much. :wacko: