[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The first 28 out perfect game...

keggerz

it's ridiculous that Bud Selig didn't overrule the call and give the pitcher his perfect game..

and hitting all around the league is down as even Ryan Howard only has 9 HR's, but he's near the lead league in RBI's because hitters around the league just aren't producing...

I wonder if this is going to be the theme for 2010, or if hitters will start producing after the All-Star break...

The notion that the call should be reversed and Gallaraga given a perfect game astounds me. Because he did not pitch a perfect game.

That call at regular speed is a bang-bang play. While it is unfortunate, it is part of the game. And thus, no perfect game.

And to be honest, the fall out of this has shown me two sides of America. The side where entitlement, and GIMME MINE, and Let's Change the Rules Because it Makes us All Feel Better, versus the side of sportsmanship. The side that I still believe it, where two men can embrace the situation and come out of it BETTER than the perfect game ever would have.

That play taught me, (or maybe reminded me), that humanity still exists in humans. And those who come out on THIS side are the people that I want to be around. These are the people that still make me feel that America has some remnants of the things that made it great in the first place. Which is that we all actually care about each other, and that class and mutual respect still have a place in America. Because Gallaraga and Joyce didn't go out looking to each other, but they ended up looking out for each other.

That's the America I love.

The notion that the call should be reversed and Gallaraga given a perfect game astounds me. Because he did not pitch a perfect game.

That call at regular speed is a bang-bang play. While it is unfortunate, it is part of the game. And thus, no perfect game.

And to be honest, the fall out of this has shown me two sides of America. The side where entitlement, and GIMME MINE, and Let's Change the Rules Because it Makes us All Feel Better, versus the side of sportsmanship. The side that I still believe it, where two men can embrace the situation and come out of it BETTER than the perfect game ever would have.

That play taught me, (or maybe reminded me), that humanity still exists in humans. And those who come out on THIS side are the people that I want to be around. These are the people that still make me feel that America has some remnants of the things that made it great in the first place. Which is that we all actually care about each other, and that class and mutual respect still have a place in America. Because Gallaraga and Joyce didn't go out looking to each other, but they ended up looking out for each other.

:wacko:

that play happens several times a game and isn't fouled up......except when a perfect game is on the line :wacko: