[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chicago Cubs 10'

gilthorp

As a lifelong White Sox fan, this post will not be a Cub bashing.

Growing up, it was a general rule to hate the Cubs. As I grew older, I started to watch them because they've been entertaining for many years now. Still losing, but they've had some good players, exciting moments, but it was a minority of their fan base that I couldn't stand. Now, it's still a minority, but the younger the Cub fan, the higher volume of this minority just like to go to an outdoor party.

I went to game against the Pirates, where Zambrano spit the bit last month. Great time, stayed out and stumbled home into our truck when my wife picked me up at the train.

I own a few of these players on my fantasty squad, they are performing, it's good.

Hadn't really watched a game of theirs start to finish, until yesterday. The White Sox are a bad team. They have been coughing it up in all facets of the game this year. They wanted a faster, get-er-done type team, and they still are 2nd in HR's this year, with most of their wins coming when they go deep. Their starting pitching is very inconsistent. But the Cubs are in bad shape. Yesterday, they failed to get a hit with RISP until the 9th, against a decent relief staff. I can't assume this is the first time their offense failed them, because I think their SP is well above average this year.

If I was a Cub fan, I would be livid, and would be asking for changes. Lou is losing his mind around here, taking time to go off on Steve Stone, who is simply stepping out and suggesting that Colvin gets 30AB's per month.

With the talk of the Hawks around town, soon the spotlight will be solely on these two teams for the next 6 weeks. This Cubs team is not one that looks like they are breaking any Championship drought anytime soon.

I've got some theories on the Blackhawks influence on Chicago's baseball teams as well.

As a lifelong White Sox fan, this post will not be a Cub bashing.

Growing up, it was a general rule to hate the Cubs. As I grew older, I started to watch them because they've been entertaining for many years now. Still losing, but they've had some good players, exciting moments, but it was a minority of their fan base that I couldn't stand. Now, it's still a minority, but the younger the Cub fan, the higher volume of this minority just like to go to an outdoor party.

I went to game against the Pirates, where Zambrano spit the bit last month. Great time, stayed out and stumbled home into our truck when my wife picked me up at the train.

I own a few of these players on my fantasty squad, they are performing, it's good.

Hadn't really watched a game of theirs start to finish, until yesterday. The White Sox are a bad team. They have been coughing it up in all facets of the game this year. They wanted a faster, get-er-done type team, and they still are 2nd in HR's this year, with most of their wins coming when they go deep. Their starting pitching is very inconsistent. But the Cubs are in bad shape. Yesterday, they failed to get a hit with RISP until the 9th, against a decent relief staff. I can't assume this is the first time their offense failed them, because I think their SP is well above average this year.

If I was a Cub fan, I would be livid, and would be asking for changes. Lou is losing his mind around here, taking time to go off on Steve Stone, who is simply stepping out and suggesting that Colvin gets 30AB's per month.

With the talk of the Hawks around town, soon the spotlight will be solely on these two teams for the next 6 weeks. This Cubs team is not one that looks like they are breaking any Championship drought anytime soon.

I've got some theories on the Blackhawks influence on Chicago's baseball teams as well.

The Cubs are tied into some ugly contract situations as well. I agree with you, it will be a bit for their window to open again.