[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wow

Gopher

I didn't see the fight (don't have Showtime) but read about it. I guess it had to happen sooner or later, but I didn't see it coming tonight. Arguably the best pound-per-pound MMA fighter in the world (key word is "arguably", as you can certainly make a case for Anderson Silva, GSP, or maybe even someone else), Emilianenko Fedor tapped out due to armbar against Fabricio Werdum tonight. Crazy... Werdum is pretty solid, but I'm not sure he would be in the top five heavyweights in the UFC. The Fedor haters are already yapping about how he's overrated, yada yada yada... I'm not buying it. Anybody can lose due to a fluke submission, just like anybody can get caught with the right punch, and knocked out. No disrespect to Werdum, but Fedor is better than that (at least from what I've seen).

Saw the fight. Fedor hit him hard and knocked him down early. Then Fedor tried to play the ground game with a BJJ blackbelt and got caught in a triangle/arm bar. Poor decision on Fedor's part. Still in shock over it.

This.

Fedor got the stand up hits to knock Werdum down, went in for the kill as he tends to do and got caught. Very similar result to the first Lesnar-Mir fight where Lesnar rocked Mir, went for the finish and Mir locked on the ankle lock. It'll be interesting to see how Strikeforce approached the heavyweight division now and who gets the next shot at Overeem. I could see a Fedor-Werdum II where the winner gets the shot, but, Fedor only has one fight left on his contract and I'm sure they don't want Overeem going 18 months between fights again.