[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

lebron

dmarc117

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, Stephen A. Smith was reporting that he is hearing that it is all but a done deal that lebron and Bosh are going to Miami to play wih Wade.

July 1 will be like an NBA holiday, though I think lebron is gonna wait a few days to bask in the continuing glory.

Interesting, Stephen A. Smith was reporting that he is hearing that it is all but a done deal that lebron and Bosh are going to Miami to play wih Wade.

While I would mark it on my calendar, drive to both Philly and the Meadowlands, and pay $$ to see this team play I fear it may be like the Kobe/Shaq/Payton/Malone team that lost to the Pistons. Too many prima donas, not enough chemistry and role playing.

While I would mark it on my calendar, drive to both Philly and the Meadowlands, and pay $$ to see this team play I fear it may be like the Kobe/Shaq/Payton/Malone team that lost to the Pistons. Too many prima donas, not enough chemistry and role playing.

Perhaps. However, Wade and Bosh are both saying the right things in interviews about being willing to be a "supporting' player to a superstar.

From the NBA perspective, I'm sure they'd prefer Wade and Lebron on different teams so they could hype the matchups and build up a rivalry between the two for the years to come.

Perhaps. However, Wade and Bosh are both saying the right things in interviews about being willing to be a "supporting' player to a superstar.

Eerily similar to what Payton and Malone said. . . .

From the NBA perspective, I'm sure they'd prefer Wade and Lebron on different teams so they could hype the matchups and build up a rivalry between the two for the years to come.

Meh, there are plenty of other player rivalries to trump up (Shaq/Dwight Howard. . .Kobe/Lebron. . . Nate Robinson/anyone). And super-groups sell. I think the NBA would embrace a Bosh/LBJ/Wade team.

• 2 weeks later...
Enough people to where ESPN is allowing a one-hour show chock full of big-time advertising to televise his announcement. :wacko:

I heard about this. At least I heard Lebron is donating the money from this to charity. Wouldn't it be funny if they do cliffhanger commercial breaks like TV shows do.

Lebron - "I've decided to sign with..." We'll be right back after these important messages from our sponsers.

:tup:

Edited by buddahj

Who has the bigger ego, Favre or LeBron?

Good question. Favre, IMO.

Honestly, the media created the "Summer of LeBron" hype. Favre created his own "retire-unretire" drama; the media just reacted and gobbled it up.

Who has the bigger ego, Favre or LeBron?

Forget who has the bigger ego. Which decision has the media over-hyped more - Favre's to play or not to play OR LeBron's Cleveland rocks or gets rocked?

As much as I thought the Favre ordeal was absurd, ESPN giving LeBron an hour long special is the most ridiculous thing ever. Even the NBA's overdramatized draft lottery takes less time and that's nothing but filler. Maybe ESPN will fly in one rep from each team to get introduced and be there when LeBron announces his decision? Or maybe they can turn it into a series where each episode is like an episode of Survivor where each team will have to complete some challenge which will be used to eliminate one team per week.

LeBron is definately catching up. It seems like alot of NBA star players wanted ESPN commercials at one time. Melo has a racing team. These guys are way overpaid b/c there are only 12 guys on an active roster.

Active roster being the dressed players. Rosters are actually 15 players with 3 inactives per game.

Good question. Favre, IMO.

Honestly, the media created the "Summer of LeBron" hype. Favre created his own "retire-unretire" drama; the media just reacted and gobbled it up.

Favre doesn't refer to himself as Lord Favre...but LeBron has no problem calling himself "King"