[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Music 101: The 90s

CarryTheRock

Real quick, I was the long haired guitar player in the late 80s into the 90s who was all about everything music.

A few minutes ago I was chatting with my daughter I don't get to see much (lives with her mother) on Facebook. She came on while I was watching a video of LIVE "I Alone" and fumbling around on my acoustic learning something from the mid 2000s (that sounds weird)

My daughter is into all the current stuff that a 16 year old is into, but she listens to some older stuff as well. I was blown away she didn't know who LIVE was and I got to go on and explain the importance of the videos for "Smells Like Teens Spirit" and "Jeremy", two of the songs that I think were the most important of the 90s. When they came out they were considered hard rock, but as the labels came out they were a bookmark in music history.

I have tried to introduce my daughter to some old stuff in the past before, for some reasons tonight she was very interested. I think the video platfor, is something I'm going to continue to use with her now that I know she is receptivel'

We didn't have that when we were kids (most of us anyway.. While she is listening I'm going to fill her with all kinds of stuff!

Whatever works. My older brother got me listening to old stones records, steppenwolf, CCR, etc. just by playing it as background music when we would play pool. If you get a kid in an honest moment, they can find something they like.

let her hear the classics like the ELO take off "E-Evil Monkey" ... or Alman Brothers "lord I was born a Rajn Ca-jun" ... or Pebbles "do you want to ride in my mercedes buns?". Also, there is the ever Wings classic "Buuunz on the Run" and Blue Oyster Cult's classic "Bunzilla".

The Animals "House of the Risin' Bunz" is another oldie but goodie. Then there is the "Ittybitty Bunz Band" with their classic 'Fishin' in the Dark' ... If she wants to be half musician half fantasy footballer then she should hear these classics.

:wacko:

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

let her hear the classics like the ELO take off "E-Evil Monkey" ... or Alman Brothers "lord I was born a Rajn Ca-jun" ... or Pebbles "do you want to ride in my mercedes buns?". Also, there is the ever Wings classic "Buuunz on the Run" and Blue Oyster Cult's classic "Bunzilla".

The Animals "House of the Risin' Bunz" is another oldie but goodie. Then there is the "Ittybitty Bunz Band" with their classic 'Fishin' in the Dark' ... If she wants to be half musician half fantasy footballer then she should hear these classics.

:tup:

:wacko: