[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All-Time Best Fantasy Performances

JUMbotron

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shold've had the 1997 Corey Dillon score on my side. The rule then was if you didn't submit a lilneup, your previous week's would roll over. I think that game was either weeknight or a Saturday game. I called and said I'd let them know and then never called back. They took him out for me. I see their side too. Oh well...

This one's not on your list, probably because the total pts doesn't doesn't add up as high as some of those others. But because it happened during week 16 and and Fantasy Super Bowl weekend, I think it should rank right up near the top!

2002....Amani Toomer, week 16 against the Colts. 10 catches 204 yards and 3 tds. for 38.4 pts.

It was a late afternoon game, most of my team during the early games hadn't done squat. By halftime of the 2nd games I figured I was done and had lost my chance at the title. But most of these stats Toomer put up in the 2nd half of that game and led my team to an amazing comeback and my first BOTH Championship. :wacko:

Yeah Toomer just misses the list, I remember that one well. 2002 was Toomer's best season too. If you recall two weeks later in the playoff game vs. the 49ers he caught 3 TDs again. It was the 39-38 SF/NYG "botched snap game" when the kicker scooped it up and tried to heave it.

JUM

Why is it we always remember the bad beats more than the wins?

#9 on your list has stuck in my craw for 15 years. I had the Fantasy Bowl lead and Cris Carter still to play heading into that Monday night game, only to have to sit at a bar with my opponent and the commissioner as Jerry Rice shattered my dreams of back-to-back titles.

I'm sure several of those other performances were on one of my squads, but the instant I read the headline of your article I knew the Rice game would be there. And like a car wreck I had to drive by and see it, painful as I knew it would be.

J2V

#9 on your list has stuck in my craw for 15 years. I had the Fantasy Bowl lead and Cris Carter still to play heading into that Monday night game, only to have to sit at a bar with my opponent and the commissioner as Jerry Rice shattered my dreams of back-to-back titles.

I'm sure several of those other performances were on one of my squads, but the instant I read the headline of your article I knew the Rice game would be there. And like a car wreck I had to drive by and see it, painful as I knew it would be.

J2V

"like a car wreck I had to drive by and see it..." Lol, good stuff J2V. :wacko:

I was on the receiving end of the Portis explosion. Not pretty. And during the play-offs, too, if I recall correctly. But I had Alexander when he blew up in the No. 2 spot, as well. The FF gods giveth. The FF gods taketh away.

I had one of the Alexander's against me and had LT for one of those. The one Manning is on there for I still beat my opponent that week. Those are the best. When someone blows up and you still beat them, priceless.

i had CJ last year and LT in '05. but the one that sticks out: benching volek. i was so mad i started a thread on it that i'm pretty sure was my first post (my join date and the post date are the same). :wacko:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...c=81826&hl=

There was a Terrell Davis game in 1998, at home vs Dallas I think he had something like 160/3 at half on less than ten carries.

There was also a Brad Johnson OT game Week 16 of 1999 where he had a pedestrian first half then lit up the second. The game ended in OT on a dump pass to Larry Centers that he somehow went 42 yards and scored. I remember that because that one play gave our winner that year the title by 4 points - the TD part.

Edited by Pope Flick

Yeah Davis had a couple 39-point games, one in '98 (the one you're thinking of) vs Jacksonville with 136 yds rushing, 3 TDs, 76 yds rec. Another 39-point game in '96.

There was another game where Davis had like 170 yards and 2 TDs but also had 2 TDs called back (?). I'm trying to find details on that one but "touchdowns reversed" is so hard to Google-dig.

I had Portis in 2003... I knew his performance would be up there, but #1 all time? Nice... I actually lost my matchup that week, if you can believe it.... my opponent had the MIA DST go off for 47 points later in the day, and he beat me by two points.

Yeah Davis had a couple 39-point games, one in '98 (the one you're thinking of) vs Jacksonville with 136 yds rushing, 3 TDs, 76 yds rec. Another 39-point game in '96.

There was another game where Davis had like 170 yards and 2 TDs but also had 2 TDs called back (?). I'm trying to find details on that one but "touchdowns reversed" is so hard to Google-dig.

There's the Jax game too, but I wasn thinking this:

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/boxes/index....0a?OpenDocument

His 3rd TD was in the 4th quarter but check out his 1st quarter scores. I wish they had the halftime stats on that.

Last season, two games come to mind (PPR):

Out of bye week necessity, I took a chance and started Miles Austin in the game vs. KC where he blew up for 250yds and 2 TDs. Both TDs were lengthy, and the league I started him in has bonus points for long TDs.

I got beat in the first round of the playoffs in one league last year thanks to Brandon Marshall's 21 catch, 200 yd, 2 TD game. In PPR, you can't get better than that.

I recall #10 Jimmy Smith. This was my very first year in FFL and my friend and I decided to try it out by co-owning a team. Since we were newbies we didn't just start our first X draft picks, no, that would have been too simple. We decided to play matchups and didn't like this one at all so we thought the smart move would be to bench Smith. I don't remember who we started in his place but it obviously wasn't the same. We did go on to actually win the league so it worked out in the end though.

Jimmy Smith was near-dominant at times (obviously that time). I didn't have him that year and I remember pouting when someone else drafted him. Side note: Do you realize Jimmy is 15th all-time in receptions and rec yards?

JUM

priest holmes had some gems....i had him in 2001 and 2002...his first two years in kc.....he was good in 2001 and great in 2002.....2003 he has a career year with 27 tds....so i draw first pick in 04....i take holmes....thru 8 games he was like 10 yards short of 900 and had 14 tds...on pace for 1800 and 28 tds and then he went down .....he had a game against the falcons where he went for like 140 and 4 tds...in the 2nd half derrick blaylock, his backup, had 90 yards and 4 tds himself...i remember following that game and being kinda pissed at blaylocks stat line even tho i was winning my game easy and holmes had gone off!

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

JAVON WALKER - Novemberish of 2006 against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

I was a Walker owner at the time and remember I almost sat him, but put him in right before the lineups locked. My league was a PPR league with performance bonuses.

Walker ended up with something like this:

6 or 7 catches for 130ish yards,

2 rec TD's

1 rush for like 70 yards

1 rush TD

If I remember correctly, he ended up scoring me like 55-60 pts that one game.

I remember Portis well in 2003, we started a dynasty league and he was my RB1. So many good games that year and in week 15 he single-handedly got me into the finals with a 36-carry effort against the Raiders (game went to OT hence so many carries).

Too bad on the 36th carry, Shanny was already in FG range and handed to him anyways, and Portis broke his ankle. No Portis in the final, easy win for opponent. Damn it Shanny even when you aren't running a RBBC you manage to screw me over...

Not on the list but not many people will ever get to see a combo of fantasy performances like these...

2000, FF championship game, Monday night, Bucs vs Rams. I've got Faulk and like a 3 or 4 point lead. He's got Warrick Dunn. I'm feeling pretty good.

The whole game I'm cheering on the home team Bucs but hoping for Faulk to get his. It was about as exciting as one could imagine and when all was said and done...

Faulk - rush - 79yds / 3TDs - rec 4 - 53 / 1TD = 40pts

Dunn - rush - 145yds / 3TDs - rec 5 - 53 = 42pts

The really crazy thing in all this was that I was at the game and when it ended I wasn't even sure if I'd won. One of the most exciting games I've ever seen along with an almost freakish combination of FF performances. Great stuff!