[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All-Time Best Fantasy Performances

JUMbotron

The thing is, that Barber explosion (#21 on my chart above) was in week 17 when some 70% of fantasy leagues weren't playing. If that was your championship clincher that is awesome!

Barber also had a big one in 2005, week 15- went for 220 yards, 2 TDs and 29 rec yards. 37 points in standard scoring.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Hookups, you started both? I remember that game because I had Marshall Faulk and he didn't do squat. Might have been hurt in the 2nd half, I was livid.

Looked it up... Rams 42, 49ers 20

Warner: 20-for-23 passing for 323 yards 5 TDs, 10 yds rush = 37 fp

Bruce 134 rec yds, 4 TDs = 37 fp

Not on the list but not many people will ever get to see a combo of fantasy performances like these...

2000, FF championship game, Monday night, Bucs vs Rams. I've got Faulk and like a 3 or 4 point lead. He's got Warrick Dunn. I'm feeling pretty good.

The whole game I'm cheering on the home team Bucs but hoping for Faulk to get his. It was about as exciting as one could imagine and when all was said and done...

Faulk - rush - 79yds / 3TDs - rec 4 - 53 / 1TD = 40pts

Dunn - rush - 145yds / 3TDs - rec 5 - 53 = 42pts

The really crazy thing in all this was that I was at the game and when it ended I wasn't even sure if I'd won. One of the most exciting games I've ever seen along with an almost freakish combination of FF performances. Great stuff!

This is the one that most comes to mind for me too. I won my first FFB championship in 2000, as I had Dunn and was going against the owner that had Faulk (similar to the situation above). I'll never forget this one.

I remember a game where K. Warner threw for 5 tds with four of them to I. Bruce. I started both guys that day.

Going back to batteries like Warner/Bruce, I remember opening day 1994 - I started Jeff George and Andre Rison of the Falcons:

George 281 pass yards, 3 TDs, 11 rush yds

Rison 14 catches, 193 rec yds, 2 TDs

Our scoring was kinda wacky so with various bonuses I had like 65 points between the two of them. It was crazy. I drank Jaegermeister (sic) that day and disrupted several patrons at my local sports bar. I was young, but that's no excuse for standing on a table.

Speaking of Rison, for a brief stretch there was no WR more talented except Jerry Rice.

Edited by JUMbotron

One of my greatest transactions of all time: Fred Taylor missed the first 3 games of 2000 and didn't do much in his first couple of games back. At that time I acquired him via trade and reaped the rewards the rest of the season, especially the aforementioned all-time performance. Even sweeter, my opponent the week of Fred's epic showing had Eddie George go off for 130+ yards and 3 TDs against me and was holding a substantial lead. If I remember correctly, JAC vs. PIT was the Sunday night game that week and I got to thoroughly enjoy seeing Freddie trump Eddie to give me a come-from-behind fantasy victory! Another great memory of an honorable mention all-time performance involves Drew Bennett. I was almost hopelessly behind going into that fateful MNF game. My opponent had no one left and all I had was Drew Bennett. I told myself and friends that all I needed was Bennett to go off for about 200+ yards and 3 or 4 TDs! Yeah, right! But, big Drew was magical that night. Bennett's (and Volek's) historic performance, gave me my most memorable come-from-behind fantasy victory ever. Apparently and unfortunately, Bennett also used up all my Monday night mojo because since that night I can't remember ever coming back from a deficit on Monday night. No matter how small my opponent's lead, my Monday night players tend to underperform spectacularly. But maybe this is the year things change! At least that's what the Cubs fans keep telling me.

Not for one game but 2 guys easily stand out for me: Barry Sanders in his 2000 yd year and LT in his 500 TD season.

Amazingly I still didn't get far either year but having them was awesome - I don't know how many games I had where I was definitely about to lose and wham, LT would score 3 or 4 TDs and pull it out. :wacko:

The 2004 late season performance by Billy Volek that lifted me to the league championship will probably go to my grave with me as the single most awesome fantasy football performance of all time.

Billy Volek!

I also owned Chris Johnson and Drew Brees for their great games, but the Billy Volek game was unreal.

The 2004 late season performance by Billy Volek that lifted me to the league championship will probably go to my grave with me as the single most awesome fantasy football performance of all time.

Billy Volek!

I also owned Chris Johnson and Drew Brees for their great games, but the Billy Volek game was unreal.

+ :wacko:

He helped me win a championship that year, also.

• 3 weeks later...

Good lord you're right Arian Foster almost cracked the list:

In this standard scoring it's:

231 rush yds = 23.1

7 receiving yards = .7

3 TDs = 18

Total = 41.8

Man that was a helluva performance. For many of you with 100- and 200-yd bonuses he has 45-50 points!

Edited by JUMbotron

231 rush yds = 23.1

7 receiving yards = .7

3 TDs = 18

Total = 41.8

Man that was a helluva performance. For many of you with 100- and 200-yd bonuses he has 45-50 points!

Foster, Arian HOU RB

vs Colts Sun 1:00 p.m. ET 18.00 3 Rushing TDs

1.00 1 Receptions

33.10 231 Rushing Yards

0.70 7 Receiving Yards

0.00 0 Fumbles Lost (to Opponent)

52.80 Subtotal

:wacko:

231 rush yds = 23.1

7 receiving yards = .7

3 TDs = 18

Total = 41.8

ahhh I should of did the math ...honorable mention then :wacko:

http://www.thehuddle.com/x10/articles/jm-1...ntasy-bests.php

First, Arian Foster almost breaks the top-25 with 41.8 then...

Jahvid Best pops 41.2. Wow!

Both only had one career start under their belt!

I had Foster Benched Week 1 and Best Benched Week 2...(Still Won both weeks)

I'm a horrible manager...i'll let you know who I bench in Week 3 so you all can start them...

Not on the list but not many people will ever get to see a combo of fantasy performances like these...

2000, FF championship game, Monday night, Bucs vs Rams. I've got Faulk and like a 3 or 4 point lead. He's got Warrick Dunn. I'm feeling pretty good.

The whole game I'm cheering on the home team Bucs but hoping for Faulk to get his. It was about as exciting as one could imagine and when all was said and done...

Faulk - rush - 79yds / 3TDs - rec 4 - 53 / 1TD = 40pts

Dunn - rush - 145yds / 3TDs - rec 5 - 53 = 42pts

The really crazy thing in all this was that I was at the game and when it ended I wasn't even sure if I'd won. One of the most exciting games I've ever seen along with an almost freakish combination of FF performances. Great stuff!

I needed 13 pts out of I Bruce in that game and was stunned that, given all the scoring, I didn't get it.

I remember the Dillon game. I was staked at RB and had just traded Bettis (who was having one of his best years) for Favre (we started 2 QBs and I was in need big time). We had rigid roster requirements including how many bench players at each position, so each had to send back a 2nd tier players to even out rosters. Dillon hadn't done a whole lot yet that season. I got Dillon and, because of byes (I think), I was forced to throw him in. Needless to say, I was rather stoked.

• 1 month later...

Michael Vick

333 passing yards = 16.65 points

80 rushing yards = 8 points

4 pass TDs = 16 points

2 rushing TDs = 12 points

:wacko:52.65 points is 3rd best all-time behind Clinton Portis - 55 in 2003, and Shaun Alexander - 53 in 2002.

The best performance ever by a fantasy quarterback.

:tup:

Michael Vick

333 passing yards = 16.65 points

80 rushing yards = 8 points

4 pass TDs = 16 points

2 rushing TDs = 12 points

:wacko:52.65 points is 3rd best all-time behind Clinton Portis - 55 in 2003, and Shaun Alexander - 53 in 2002.

The best performance ever by a fantasy quarterback.

:tup:

One guy in a BOTH league had Vick on the bench coughcoughtheohiostatecoughcough. I'd be sick about that if it cost me a win which it did not for this particular team.

It was an absolutley insane performance. Obviously a lot of things need to go right to have a game like that,

Edited by TDFFFreak

One guy in a BOTH league had Vick on the bench coughcoughtheohiostatecoughcough. I'd be sick about that if it cost me a win which it did not for this particular team.

It was an absolutley insane performance. Obviously a lot of things need to go right to have a game like that,

If the Redskins had managed to just keep it a little closer (and McNabb hadn't thrown that pick-6 in the 3rd quarter) we might be talking about 60-70 points, absolute Madden stuff.