[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Bush fractures thumb

buddahj

Bush had a procedure but will not need a cast ( just some padding) and might be ready for week 1

Bush, Campbell could both be back for opener

Michael Bush - RB - OAK - Aug. 29 - 8:28 p.m. ET

Raiders coach Tom Cable isn't ruling out Michael Bush (thumb) or Jason Campbell (wrist, stinger) for the season opener.

Cable did reveal Sunday that Bush needs a "procedure" on his fractured thumb, but he will not need a cast. He may be able to practice and play with extra padding on his left hand

Raiders RB Bush to have thumb surgery

Oakland Raiders running back Michael Bush will undergo surgery to repair his broken left thumb.

The procedure is being reported by the Oakland Tribune, which also says that Oakland head coach Tom Cable stated that there is a good possibility that Bush will recover in time for Oakland's season opener against Tennessee on September 12.

Edited by damageinc

:wacko:

His current ADP in ppr redrafts occurring in the past 4 days is 100. He's the 35th RB going off the board on average. You must be used to playing in 18+ team leagues.

I'm used to playing in leagues where everyone knows what they're doing. This is a keeper league I'm referring to. And we drafted long before your four days.

I'm used to playing in leagues where everyone knows what they're doing. This is a keeper league I'm referring to. And we drafted long before your four days.

So your league of experts had someone keep M Bush as their RB2 and that makes you think a lot of teams this year will have Bush as their RB2?

The statement you made initially was just odd, and I'm still having some difficulty reconciling it.

If Bush is your RB4 in a redraft league, I'm guessing you either drafted very RB-heavy in the early rounds of your draft (and consequently neglected other positions), drafted several weeks ago (Bush's stock seems to have steadily risen during the pre-season), or drafted with a bunch of :wacko: league mates.

I've seen him mainly drafted as a RB3, or RB2 in deeper leagues and/or by owners who went WR/WR early. I have Bush as my #2 in one league (Too Many Leagues - BOTH), but that's a keeper league, so it's not a very good example. Of course, with Pierre Thomas, Hightower, and Sproles rounding out my top four backs (and it's PPR), I'm comfortable with him as my #2, since my 3rd and 4th backs are fairly close to him in value (in my opinion), considering the number of receptions I expect from them.

Of the two redrafts I did this week, here is where Bush went:

Weapons of DMD - Bush went 67th overall (28th RB taken), with the 3rd pick in the 5th round (16 teams), as a RB2 (owner's #1 is MJD).

Huddle Ladder (Hall of Fame) - 86th player taken (2nd player of the 8th round), as a RB3... 31st RB taken, and owner has Matthews/Benson as his top two backs.

Definitely seems to be a player who is kind of all over the place, in terms of where he's being drafted, but personally, I have yet to see him drafted as a RB4 (at least in redraft leagues).

So your league of experts had someone keep M Bush as their RB2 and that makes you think a lot of teams this year will have Bush as their RB2?

The statement you made initially was just odd, and I'm still having some difficulty reconciling it.

No, let me explain. No-one kept Bush. Since well over 30 players were kept and RB is, even in a PPR league, the most valuable commodity, the top 14 or 15 RBs were off the board by the start. I felt there were better options to be had at WR before going for a second RB, so by the time I took a second (remember we only need to start one if we want), Bush was the best left, hence he is my #2.

I've seen him mainly drafted as a RB3, or RB2 in deeper leagues and/or by owners who went WR/WR early. I have Bush as my #2 in one league (Too Many Leagues - BOTH), but that's a keeper league, so it's not a very good example.

And it would appear he is Gopher's #2 too for much the same reason.

No, let me explain. No-one kept Bush. Since well over 30 players were kept and RB is, even in a PPR league, the most valuable commodity, the top 14 or 15 RBs were off the board by the start. I felt there were better options to be had at WR before going for a second RB, so by the time I took a second (remember we only need to start one if we want), Bush was the best left, hence he is my #2.

And it would appear he is Gopher's #2 too for much the same reason.

Yeah... keeper league in which we can keep three players. I kept Brees, DeSean Jackson, and Finley, and forfeited my 1st, 4th, and 11th picks for them, respectively. Would have gone RB with my first pick (second round), but I couldn't pass up Fitz (not a bad WR2). So, I ended up taking Pierre Thomas as my RB1 (3.07 pick), and then took my 3rd WR (Mike Wallace) in the 5th. Took Bush, Hightower, and Washington (it wasn't Sproles... I confused leagues) in rounds 6, 8, and 9.

We actually start 2 or 3 RB's, but considering the PPR factor, and what was available to me at the picks that I had, I'm happy with Bush as my RB2... I'll be able to start either him or Hightower, along with a solid set of three WR's (don't see myself starting three RB's, unless it's a bye-week situation for my wideouts).

FYI for us owners...

http://twitter.com/michaelbush29

http://twitpic.com/2k1voh - Check me out looking like a nervous patient before the surgery yesterday

about 1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

and

@GPmogul broke my thumb it's called a Bennett fracture so I had to get screws put n it.

about 1 hour ago via Echofon in reply to GPmogul

EDIT:

is there a doctor in the house?

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1238036-treatment

Follow-up

A well-molded thumb spica cast is utilized for 2-6 weeks depending on the stability obtained at surgery. Once the cast is discontinued, a thermoplastic splint is fabricated and a protected mobilization program is initiated until fracture healing is complete.

2-6 weeks???

Edited by lennykravitz2004

Needless to say, I have M Bush on my team...

ALAMEDA – Running back Michael Bush participated in practice Monday, a week after surgery on his broken left thumb.

Bush suffered a Bennett fracture against the 49ers on Aug. 28. As a result, he is wearing a brace that wraps around his wrist and keeps his thumb from moving.

At one point, Bush ran a pass route and caught the ball with both hands. That bodes well for his playing against the Tennessee Titans on Sunday in Oakland’s regular-season opener.

“He did some individual work, caught the ball, ran some routes, carried it a little bit,” coach Tom Cable said. “Limited.”

It’s uncertain whether Bush will be healthy enough to play Sunday. His status will be updated Wednesday.

"caught the ball"...

While that is not taking a hit to the hand, that IS a good sign.

"caught the ball"...

What I think is he waited so long to be the starter they'll have to force him(or a doctor will) to keep him on the sidelines.

"caught the ball"...

Is that as good as running out of the tunnel really, really fast? (see Moreno, K.)

It's been almost 4 weeks?

Cable did keep alive the hope Bush could play less than four weeks after thumb surgery.

“I think there’s a real chance,’’ Cable said about a question from the Tennessee media about Bush not playing. “I was kind of shocked to hear that today, someone said he was out. He did quite a bit today. We’ll see what he feels like tomorrow.’’