[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Johnny Cash

Chavez

Not his most resonant, but "Jackson" (w/June Carter) is always good fun.

My favorite song written by Cash but performed by others would be "I Still Miss Someone", by either Roseanne Cash or Emmylou Harris.

Favorite Song? One Piece At A Time

Favorite Line? From Sunday Morning Comin' Down

Well I woke up Sunday morning,

With no way to hold my head that didn't hurt.

And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad,

So I had one more for dessert.

Mind you, looking up the lyrics so as not to miss something, I've learned that it's actually a Kris Kristofferson song.

Favorite Song? One Piece At A Time

Alannis Morrissette should have listened to "One Piece at a Time" before writing "Ironic."

Edited by Chavez

Missing the reference.

"Ironic" is a list of things that are NOT ironic.

"One Piece at a Time" is a lesson in irony - "I got it one piece at a time, and it didn't cost me a dime/ You'll know it's me when I come through your town/ I'm gonna drive around in style, I'm gonna drive everybody wild/ Because I'll have the only one there is around"; since the narrarator's purpose was to "steal" a sweet-ass Caddy that stands out, the irony is that his car stands out....but not for the reasons he thought it would.

In other words, "Ironic" does not really contain any ironic situations (maybe that was the ironic part of the song?); "OPaaT" IS actually an ironic situation.

Edited by Chavez

"Ironic" is a list of things that are NOT ironic.

"One Piece at a Time" is a lesson in irony - "I got it one piece at a time, and it didn't cost me a dime/ You'll know it's me when I come through your town/ I'm gonna drive around in style, I'm gonna drive everybody wild/ Because I'll have the only one there is around"; since the narrarator's purpose was to "steal" a sweet-ass Caddy that stands out, the irony is that his car stands out....but not for the reasons he thought it would.

In other words, "Ironic" does not really contain any ironic situations (maybe that was the ironic part of the song?); "OPaaT" IS actually an ironic situation.

Gotcha.

That said, I do think that car would be a sweet ride.