[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 3 Survivor picks - who do you like?

Steelhead

I think those are both pretty equally safe picks. I'm leaning towards NE, only because BAL plays BUF later this year (at home), while NE doesn't appear to have another "lock" home game on their schedule. Plus, I just think that, although BUF and CLE are both equally dismal teams, BUF is reeling just a little bit more at this point. What should be the easiest games remaining for both teams:

NE - @CLE, @DET, @BUF

BAL - BUF, TB

Normally, I don't look ahead or "save" teams in survivor pools, but in this case, it's a tie-breaker for me... Baltimore's easiest remaining games (at least on paper) are at home, while the Patriots' easy games appear to be on the road (which are never as easy, obviously). Therefore, I'll take NE this week (who was undefeated at home last year, might I add). :wacko:

I think those are both pretty equally safe picks. I'm leaning towards NE, only because BAL plays BUF later this year (at home), while NE doesn't appear to have another "lock" home game on their schedule. Plus, I just think that, although BUF and CLE are both equally dismal teams, BUF is reeling just a little bit more at this point. What should be the easiest games remaining for both teams:

NE - @CLE, @DET, @BUF

BAL - BUF, TB

Normally, I don't look ahead or "save" teams in survivor pools, but in this case, it's a tie-breaker for me... Baltimore's easiest remaining games (at least on paper) are at home, while the Patriots' easy games appear to be on the road (which are never as easy, obviously). Therefore, I'll take NE this week (who was undefeated at home last year, might I add). :wacko:

Excellent point. I never really look ahead. I'm in 2 survivor pools and trying not to pick the same teams in both but this week I think you are right NE is a lock and BAL can be used against BUF later in the season. Plus BAL this week is a division game and except for where the browns are concerned I usually stay away.

There may not be a later...and when facing a choice between 2 teams I'll generally take the team at home.

My bad...I thought Cleveland was at home tomorrow...so

Right they are at BAL which makes BAL pretty much a lock. I'm still going to go with NE in both and keep my fingers crossed.

I think you can pick either team with confidence. In fact, I would be surprised if either team fails to cover their double-digit spreads. The Browns are likely missing Harrison and Cribbs, and both teams have changed QB's already this year. This isn't like years past, where BUF-NE games have been the type of divisional game that can be somewhat unpredictable. Both NE and BAL coming off a loss, in my opinion, makes these games even more of a lock... they will both be prepared and not "overlooking" this week's opponent. Both games should be blowouts.

during the 1st 3 weeks, I always pick locks and not worry about later in the season. Im going w/Pats. Nothing worse that trying to be overly strategic in weeks 1-3 and have it bite you in the arse and end up sitting out the season. I'll use a bit more strategy looking at future weeks' schedules once we hit October or maybe even week 5.

Edited by Dcat