[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Eagles

Chavez

The Dude does not abide the Eagles.

But Chavez does. Some people think they are soulless, calculated, mercenary doooshbags.

Well, maybe so. But the men did have some talent. And some songwriting ability - you don't sell 80 bazillion records by mistake.

I'm going with "One of These Nights", though it suffers a bit from overplay. I'd pick "In the City" but I consider that more of Joe Walsh song, even though it was on an Eagles album.

Hotel California is my most hated song and the rest aren't too far behind. :wacko:

Really?

I'm not going to assault your taste, but ANY Eagles song (excepting "The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks") is usually pretty well-constructed. Now, "Hotel California" is certainly open to hate for being OVERPLAYED, but you can't really blame the Eagles for that.

Really?

I'm not going to assault your taste, but ANY Eagles song (excepting "The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks") is usually pretty well-constructed. Now, "Hotel California" is certainly open to hate for being OVERPLAYED, but you can't really blame the Eagles for that.

Hotel California was certainly overplayed, but there is/was just something about that song that grated on me. You can check out but you can never leave? Really? Brutal.

I'm also feeling a bit cantankerous since I saw Def Leppard and AC/DC included in my Songs You Hate thread. :wacko:

I mean how can you seriously say you hate those bands?

Lying Eyes and Take It Easy in a tie

Really? I figured you'd be less of the early-period "Peaceful Easy California Feeling" period and more toward the "Hey, coke and sex aren't all that fun when it's 24/7" late period kind of guy.

Really? I figured you'd be less of the early-period "Peaceful Easy California Feeling" period and more toward the "Hey, coke and sex aren't all that fun when it's 24/7" late period kind of guy.

Nah, I lost interest in the Eagles kinda early on, moved on to much better things. They're good but in a sorta background music in Wendy's way.

Scooby and I still have the Glenn Fry vs DOn Henley arguement ... I go with Fry, but the Joe Wal;sh stuff is the best

Glenn Frey sucks, he was basically an opportunist.

My list, in descending order, of most talented Eagles (only counting contributions while in the band):

1)Henley

2)Felder

3)Meisner

4)Walsh*

5)Leadon

6)Frey

7)Schmidt**

* - Walsh was probably the best talent overall, but got on board late

** - Schmidt was talented but only there for one album

Glenn Frey sucks, he was basically an opportunist.

I guess it is better to be lucky than good

* - Walsh was probably the best talent overall, but got on board late

Joe is a complete guitar badazz, his daughter is playing now, too.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

Twenty One

Hotel California is an anthem song that every SoCal youth of that time can relate to. The drive from Tijauna to Cabo is what the song is about, stopping in Todos Santos. Roadtripped that with buddies numerous times as a youngin. Really can't blame someone from Houston let alone Vesby to relate even a bit. :wacko:

Twenty One

Hotel California is an anthem song that every SoCal youth of that time can relate to. The drive from Tijauna to Cabo is what the song is about, stopping in Todos Santos. Roadtripped that with buddies numerous times as a youngin. Really can't blame someone from Houston let alone Vesby to relate even a bit. :wacko:

Mirrors on the ceiling, the pink champagne on ice

And she said, "We are all just prisoners here of our own device"

And in the master's chambers they gathered for the feast

They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast

Last thing I remember I was running for the door

I had to find the passage back to the place I was before

"Relax," said the night man, "We are programmed to receive

You can check out any time you like but you can never leave"

Regardless, it still blows. :tup: