[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandon Tate #1 if Moss goes?

michaelman

i just dont see any way vince jackson goes to new england...if he was going to get traded he would have got traded a few weeks ago to minnesota.....you think the chargers will refuse that deal but then trade them to a potential playoff roadblock??? i dont see it happening

+1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me the key is whether the Patriots are willing to fork over $30 million to Vincent Jackson. They have the picks to make it happen, but I'm not sure they're giving that kind of money to any WR in this offense. Moss re-structured his deal before coming to NE to make it more palatable for the Pats to take him.

It seems this is in keeping with the NE's knack for knowing when to get rid of players while they still have value. They're pretty heartless with this practice and it pays big dividends.

I think Tate has the potential for some big games early; defenses aren't going to respect the deep ball against the Pats until they make them pay, and I think that's just what the Hoodie will try to do. If Tate has the goods, he'll get a chance to show it.

My question fantasy-wise is whether this means he's still a returner? Those returns plus a starting WR spot make him much more valuable.

My question fantasy-wise is whether this means he's still a returner? Those returns plus a starting WR spot make him much more valuable.

I'm thinking they will at least limit his returns while he works into the starters role. It almost always ends up like that. Kind of hard to pull a guy that has been so successful in that regard off KR duty though, so who knows?

Interesting, in my dynasty league it was the Ryan Grant injury that led to the empty roster spot that I filled with Tate. Quick payoff on that decision. As I have had a day to let this sink in, it just seems more and more clear to me. This is a huge vote of confidence by Belichick in the players that he has assembled. Tate should be a top priority in waivers in my opinion. He should be at the very least WR3 or flex material, and I would not be surprised to see him light it up. I picked this guy up because to me, he just looks like a player. This vote of confidence by the Pats confirms.

No, Tate will not match Moss' numbers but I would say the upside is considerablefor a guy you can grab off waivers.

If the Hoodie believes, I believe.

I can't see SD trading him to NE, and even if NE can come up with an offer that SD accepts, VJax still wants crazy money.

I could be wrong but i can't see NE paying him what he wants.... NE isnt known for their spending- unless your Tom Brady.

What i CAN see is VJax going to to WASH ...maybe for big albert?

Vjax is a top 15 WR afterall- not a top 5

who will?

Hernandez might be out there at split end (with Gronkowski and Crumpler staying in-line in 2-TEs), plus Edelman and.... Branch (?). They've got so many tight ends running around ...

Posted: 10/6/2010 1:12pm et

New England Patriots QB Tom Brady has been operating in 2-TE sets more than any other quarterback this season, reports Tim Graham, of ESPN.com.

Huddle Up: Graham adds, "The presence of rookie tight ends Aaron Hernandez and Gronkowski and veteran Alge Crumpler have allowed the Patriots to use at least two of them on a league-high 146 plays so far." He also points out that Brady has completed 72 percent of his passes in these formations, with 5 TDs. This trend is another reason why Bill Belichick so casually parted with Randy Moss. Look for the tight ends -- especially Hernandez -- to collectively pick up a lot of targets left available when Moss is gone.

FWIW, I would Imagine NE drafted Tate for his return potential as much as they did for his receiving potential. He was the all time NCAA leader in return yardage, he was always a threat to take it all the way. He's already taken 2 back this year. I don't think the Pats are looking to take him out of the return game any time soon unless they absolutely have to.

Week 1

Week 4

Edited by billay