[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

High school team pulls out of game.

cre8tiff

:wacko:

Dude, I wish we had pulled out of ALL of our games versus Raytown South (KC) when I was growing up. :tup:

But seriously, three 300 pounders? I know I had to go up against linemen like that (and got plastered, yes sir).

Talk about wussing out. Though I will say that team may want to find better challenges. What is this, the SEC?

Edited by cre8tiff

Unbelievable. What kind of lesson does that teach the kids? if a task is too great, don't even try? Go coach softball. As a former HS coach myself, these are the games you get really excited for, not the games you run from. I really can't believe this story. It kind of pisses me off.

My alma mater's oline averages around 260 this year. People are up in arms because hey are so small. Last year we had a 6-8 290lb lt an 6-3 280lb guard. The others were close. This is a small town of 5,000 in S. Arkie. You'd be surprised at the size of kids in some of these schools.

What a bunch of homos... That's what happens I guess when you have a vajayjay for a coach and a woman athletic director... I love the part about, "We were thinking about asking the teams to play at half speed". Bunch of whiney-ass biatches...

I like this:

A steering committee of three headmasters will make the decision on how the withdrawal will be recorded.

Record as such: "Forfeit because St. George's is more interested in turning boys into whiney little biatches than having them face adversity"

Edited by SEC=UGA

I wouldn't let a son of mine with my genetics (5'10" 145 pounds) play guys that size. I have and it is dangerous. I cheated too when we played dudes that big. I fan get my long skinny fingers really far into a face mask. I think I ripped one dude's nostril once. Amazingly even a 300 pound high schooler will cry when that happens. I would bring push pins and paperclips with me on the field. Have no idea how many big boys got stabbed. To this day I consider that nothing more than my leveling the field.

There's nothing to learn and nothing competitive about it.

I wouldn't let a son of mine with my genetics (5'10" 145 pounds) play guys that size. I have and it is dangerous. I cheated too when we played dudes that big. I fan get my long skinny fingers really far into a face mask. I think I ripped one dude's nostril once. Amazingly even a 300 pound high schooler will cry when that happens. I would bring push pins and paperclips with me on the field. Have no idea how many big boys got stabbed. To this day I consider that nothing more than my leveling the field.

There's nothing to learn and nothing competitive about it.

You played them, why not your kids? You survived, right? That and you learned how to be devious...

And, btw, 5 10 145 ain't gonna be playing d-line.

Edited by SEC=UGA

You played them, why not your kids? You survived, right? That and you learned how to be devious...

And, btw, 5 10 145 ain't gonna be playing d-line.

My career ended with me being carried off the field to an ambulance that took me to the hospital to put my knees back together. I played safety and got tackled by one of them 300 pound OL men after an interception and don't walk properly 25 years later on cold days. My knees often ache. God knows how much $$$ that cost the old man.

Football is dangerous. It's not fair when the other players are twice your size. It has nothing to do with toughness and everything to do with physics.

My career ended with me being carried off the field to an ambulance that took me to the hospital to put my knees back together. I played safety and got tackled by one of them 300 pound OL men after an interception and don't walk properly 25 years later on cold days. My knees often ache. God knows how much $$$ that cost the old man.

Football is dangerous. It's not fair when the other players are twice your size. It has nothing to do with toughness and everything to do with physics.

Physics, schmisics, you're supposed to be wiry.

But in all seriousness... that sucks, sorry to hear.

Physics, schmisics, you're supposed to be wiry.

But in all seriousness... that sucks, sorry to hear.

No big deal. It was a hell of an interception and I didn't have to try and Merton Hanks it to the end zone either.

It's easy for me to say, I don't have to try and keep a teenage boy off the playing field. I just don't subscribe to the idea that people are being overly protective in these cases. The ones who should be embarassed are the teams looking to beat up some team 1/2 its size in their quest to hopefully some day grow up to violate NCAA rules.

I wonder where normal sized kids who just want to play are supposed to do now that high school football is the same as AA ball.

No big deal. It was a hell of an interception and I didn't have to try and Merton Hanks it to the end zone either.

It's easy for me to say, I don't have to try and keep a teenage boy off the playing field. I just don't subscribe to the idea that people are being overly protective in these cases. The ones who should be embarassed are the teams looking to beat up some team 1/2 its size in their quest to hopefully some day grow up to violate NCAA rules.

I wonder where normal sized kids who just want to play are supposed to do now that high school football is the same as AA ball.

Soccer. LaCrosse, Tennis, Drama Club, Cross Country, Trap/Skeet Shhoting, etc....

Wow, this kind of sentiment sums up so much of what I think is wrong with America today. I suppose the only way to make it "fair" would be to only allow games between players who match up evenly in terms of size? :wacko:

Size can be overcome. Football is not only about size. It's also about strategy, technique, speed, and most of all heart (something that coach is dearly lacking).

I fan get my long skinny fingers really far into a face mask. I think I ripped one dude's nostril once. Amazingly even a 300 pound high schooler will cry when that happens. I would bring push pins and paperclips with me on the field. Have no idea how many big boys got stabbed. To this day I consider that nothing more than my leveling the field.

You should see what he does tothe other owners in his fantasy drafts :wacko:

that is how your career is gonna end in the TAR league when I am done with you :tup::tup: (we are tied for the division lead as we speak)

Wow, this kind of sentiment sums up so much of what I think is wrong with America today. I suppose the only way to make it "fair" would be to only allow games between players who match up evenly in terms of size? :wacko:

Size can be overcome. Football is not only about size. It's also about strategy, technique, speed, and most of all heart (something that coach is dearly lacking).

The problem with America is people who are insane but do not think they are. 5'10" 145 vs. 6'4" 335 can be overcome. It's why my monkey great grandfather first picked up a f*cking stick. Spare me the drama. Let your son go get his a$$ kicked for two hours on a Friday night for no reason in the name of God and Country if you want but I'm not buying that.

Heart only matters when all things are equal. It's can't overcome bigger, stronger, faster, better and more prepared in the real world or on the field. Maybe the parents of the crumpled St. George teenage boys should sprinkle pixie dust all over their crumpled sons bodies as they are carried off the field in lieu of medical attention. That'd show bin laden.

Come on now.

You should see what he does tothe other owners in his fantasy drafts :tup:

that is how your career is gonna end in the TAR league when I am done with you :lol::lol: (we are tied for the division lead as we speak)

:lol: I'm going to kick your a$$ :tup:

The problem with America is people who are insane but do not think they are. 5'10" 145 vs. 6'4" 335 can be overcome. It's why my monkey great grandfather first picked up a f*cking stick. Spare me the drama. Let your son go get his a$$ kicked for two hours on a Friday night for no reason in the name of God and Country if you want but I'm not buying that.

Heart only matters when all things are equal. It's can't overcome bigger, stronger, faster, better and more prepared in the real world or on the field. Maybe the parents of the crumpled St. George teenage boys should sprinkle pixie dust all over their crumpled sons bodies as they are carried off the field in lieu of medical attention. That'd show bin laden.

Yes. I'll spare you the drama. :wacko:

We just see the world very differently you and I.

You want Indy to get his a$$ kicked by the Arab with the sword. I think it's funny Indy shot him instead.

No, you want Marcus to not allow him to go after the Ark in the first place because Nazis are dangerous and that's not fair.

:wacko:

I love you Clubby... we're just cut from different cloths. It's all good though.

Absolute bulldiaper dirt.

I played against 3 kids in high school that ended up playing in the NFL, Including a first round pick at offensive tackle (MacIntosh . . . OT that was drafted by the Seatle Seahawks and played at Wisconsin). That guy outweighed me by almost 100 pounds, but I played the whole freaking agame against him playing both ways and didnt bitch.

I was called for at least 4 holding penalties, and at least one tripping penalty . . .but I played the freaking game.

what a disgusting message this sends.