[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

High school team pulls out of game.

cre8tiff

What a bunch of homos... That's what happens I guess when you have a vajayjay for a coach and a woman athletic director... I love the part about, "We were thinking about asking the teams to play at half speed". Bunch of whiney-ass biatches...

I like this:

Record as such: "Forfeit because St. George's is more interested in turning boys into whiney little biatches than having them face adversity"

for the record, it was Lawrence that offered to play at half speed, not St George that asked for that consideration. Which would indeed be a stupid solution.

Obviously this is the week where my frenchicity shows (insert joke here), but these are New England prep schools we are talking about, where for once, exceptionally a school has ahtletes that are DIV I level talents who are going up against a bunch of kids that do sports as a recreation.

The understanding in general is that in a physical team sport such as football, teams TEND to be evenly matched, with obviously variations happening. If you go too far beyond that variation, which is clearly the case here, you are putting kids in danger.

It's the same reason we have weigh categories in boxing, the physicas can really be dangerous.

edit to add: god this, getting the crap kicked out of you makes you stronger, and a good american speechifying is really tiring, not to mention stupid

Edited by Dr. Sacrebleu

Absolute bulldiaper dirt.

I played against 3 kids in high school that ended up playing in the NFL, Including a first round pick at offensive tackle (MacIntosh . . . OT that was drafted by the Seatle Seahawks and played at Wisconsin). That guy outweighed me by almost 100 pounds, but I played the whole freaking agame against him playing both ways and didnt bitch.

I was called for at least 4 holding penalties, and at least one tripping penalty . . .but I played the freaking game.

what a disgusting message this sends.

At 6' 0" 200, I was one of the biggest guys on our team. I played both O and D line. I remember one game repeatedly bouncing off one huge dude playing left tackle. Swim, push, sidestep, trap, it didn't matter. the dude was a rock. :wacko:

One of my friends had to play aginst Marcus Allen in high school. Talk about humbling! :tup:

Edited by cre8tiff

At 6' 0" 200, I was one of the biggest guys on our team. I played both O and D line. I remember one game repeatedly bouncing off one huge dude playing left tackle. Swim, push, sidestep, trap, it didn't matter. the dude was a rock. :wacko:

One of my friends had to play aginst Marcus Allen in high school. Talk about humbling! :tup:

My claim to fame from HS is that I played against a kid that ended up in the NFL for a cup of coffee (Joey Hollenbeck). He had about 75 lbs on me. I was playing tackle and he was playing DE. After the first series, I was like "holy crap! I am not going to be able to move this guy today. Time to get nasty on him!!" I knew the only way I was going to win this battle was to get in his head. I cut this SOB every chance I got, and wouldn't stop talking smack. He played the whole game so riled up. I would shoot off the line as hard as I could, grunt hard, hold my ground, and then after the play I would talk crap like I moved him about five yards. Then the next play he would be so pissed off that he would come flying out at me, so I'd just cut him and watch him go flying, which earned me a few dozen kicks and punches to the ribs throughout the game. My shining moment however was in the 4th quarter. I came up to the line and said "Would you go to homecoming with me?" At the snap, I mustered everything I could to move the guy about three feet. After the whistle, I added "Cause you're my b*tch!!!" He was so furious that he came after me and cost his team a 15-yard penalty. A couple of my teammates heard this and still die laughing about it when we all get together. Hollenbeck eventually married a girl from my HS and moved into my hometown. He's actually a good guy, and still admits that nobody has ever gotten in his head like that.

My point being, if you consider yourself competetive, these are the situations that excite you. This is when you find out what you are made of. If I played for this coach, I can say without a doubt that I would have quit the team that day.

Injuries force California football team to forfeit while leading

By Cameron Smith

Earlier this fall, Prep Rally told you about the Seattle high school that was forced to forfeit at halftime after six first-half injuries decimated its roster. Well, as drastic as that case was, a forfeit the same day in Southern California may have been even more bizarre: Capistrano Valley Christian School (Calif.) was actually leading one of the reigning state finalists, 8-6, when it forfeited at halftime of a game against Hope Center (Calif.).

Both teams compete in the California Interscholastic Federation's eight-man football division, a level that allows smaller schools to compete with eight players instead of the 11 traditional teams use. The smaller number of players on the field tends to open up offensive channels and levels the playing field across a division that is hyper-sensitive to differences in student populations. Unfortunately, it also leaves some schools extremely vulnerable to injuries.

Capistrano Valley Christian School (CVCS) is definitely one of those injury-susceptible schools. CVCS is a small private school which fields a football roster of only 11 players, and after two key starters were lost for the game with injuries in the first half against Hope Center, the team (already missing two players because of injury) had no choice but to wave a reluctant white flag. In fact, the injuries weren't even stretched out: They came in the course of a single play.

"On one play we had two kids go down, both with what we thought at the time were broken legs," Chris Fore, the CVCS head football coach and athletic director, told Prep Rally. "One ended up having a broken tibia/fibula that required a rod inserted into his leg, the other was not a broken fibula like we thought, but a really bad sprained ankle.

"That left us with nine kids, two of which were 14-year-old freshmen that I was not about to put in against these 17-18-year-old juniors/seniors."

Despite leading 8-6 at the time of forfeit -- Hope Center scored a touchdown on the play when both Eagles were injured -- the game was scored as a 2-0 victory for Hope Center, a loss which dropped CVCS to No. 9 in the CIF eight-man rankings. The two injuries were sustained by Josh Hector, the CVCS senior you see above who has starred for the team at middle linebacker, and Sam Sukut, an emerging freshman defensive back. Hector was lost for the season with the double break in his leg, but Sukut could return as soon as this week.

And while CVCS was forced to reschedule a game the following week -- their opponent would have fielded a fully healthy 25-man roster against CVCS' nine-man squad -- the Eagles will return to action Friday night at St. Michaels Prep, where they will have to find a way to compete despite fielding as few as three reserves.

As daunting as that may be, the loss of Hector may be even more significant. The stalwart recorded 17 tackles in a single game against Upland Christian Academy, and provided significant defensive leadership as one of the team's six seniors.

Nonetheless, Fore is confident the team will respond from disappointment and an unexpected three-week break with a strong start to its league schedule.

"We really have a shot to [win the league championship] if we can keep our 11 kids healthy," Fore told Prep Rally. "We'll have two players who were injured for the Hope Center game back this week, so we'll have 11 true 'varsity' athletes again.

"My kids keep saying that they will make a movie about this team after we win the league championship because of the adversity we have been going through."

Fore's optimism turned out to be well founded. CVCS won its first game back in action on Friday night in an old-fashioned rout, thrashing St. Michael's Prep, 47-0. The game was the first league matchup of the Eagles' season, but if it serves as any indication of what's to come, Fore's players might just win a league title -- and make that movie -- after all.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/pr...ghschool-275447