[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seattles running game

Does anyone have some value here or is this destined to be another RBBC? I know nothing about the Seahawks and have not followed them for quite someone, but for some reason my gut is thinking Lynch has value here. Does anyone have insight?

For sure Lynch has value. I'm starting him this week and feel he'll by my flex or maybe even RB2 going forward.

I'm looking for good stuff from him from here on out. If he's available, I'd snag him.

Sounds good to me. I have to plug him in with Foster/Addai on the bye

you will be happy with the results. I expect a thank you card as well.

everyone here is discrediting forsett....really? the guy had a higher YPC than lynch and was more succesful in the running game with less carries, this kid is talented and it should be a timeshare until the end of the season

everyone here is discrediting forsett....really? the guy had a higher YPC than lynch and was more succesful in the running game with less carries, this kid is talented and it should be a timeshare until the end of the season

It's not happening - Carroll has coveted Lynch for months, and with reason. He's a very tough, physical runner who is also a more than adequate blocker and receiver. Forsett will continue to get touches (and might even have a higher ypc - that tends to happen with change of pace guys sometimes) but make no mistake - Lynch is the primary ballcarrier in that O.

Lynch is going to get every opportunity. The problem is that Forsett has outplayed him in the two weeks that he has been here. When you limit Forsett's touches, he seems to become more effective on a per play basis. He just might end up crawling back into a 50/50 split. Lynch will still probably get more carries, and will most likely get more TD's, but I think the yardage might be fairly close. That said, Lynch does have an opportunity to take the job and run with it if he gets more productive.

If Carroll did a 50/50 split in 2005 with Lendale White and Reggie Bush, wouldn't it stand to reason that he'd do just about the same with Lynch and Forsett?

I think both of them are worth having on your roster and could earn a spot start, but I think you're going to see a lot of 50-70 all-purpose yard games with maybe a TD here and there.

It's not an ideal fantasy RB situation, but what is anymore? The human body can't take the punishment of 25-30 carries per game these days. Defenders are too fast and strong.

Edited by The Waterboy

If Carroll did a 50/50 split in 2005 with Lendale White and Reggie Bush, wouldn't it stand to reason that he'd do just about the same with Lynch and Forsett?

I think both of them are worth having on your roster and could earn a spot start, but I think you're going to see a lot of 50-70 all-purpose yard games with maybe a TD here and there.

It's not an ideal fantasy RB situation, but what is anymore? The human body can't take the punishment of 25-30 carries per game these days. Defenders are too fast and strong.

+1

Decent comparison with White/Bush. I've already said I'm forced into starting Lynch vs. ARI, but I think both backs are decent starts this week considering all the current injuries and bye weeks. I can then also see either being a good "emergency start" over the course of the season.

Because Lynch is clearly a better RB than Forsett? :wacko:

As a Hawk fan I love Forsett's tenacity, but his skill set limits his effectiveness to a change of pace/3rd down back kind of player. I would expect more of a 60/40 - 70/25 type split. Last week's stat line doesn't tell the story. Forsett was being used in draws up the middle in a lot of passing sets, Lynch had a handful of plays where he was the focus of the D and made positive yards out of what should have been a loss.

May not be the best situation from a FF perspective, but my guess is it won't be a 50/50 split. I'm excited about the possibilities as a Hawk fan.

Because Lynch is clearly a better RB than Forsett? :wacko:

As a Hawk fan I love Forsett's tenacity, but his skill set limits his effectiveness to a change of pace/3rd down back kind of player. I would expect more of a 60/40 - 70/25 type split. Last week's stat line doesn't tell the story. Forsett was being used in draws up the middle in a lot of passing sets, Lynch had a handful of plays where he was the focus of the D and made positive yards out of what should have been a loss.

May not be the best situation from a FF perspective, but my guess is it won't be a 50/50 split. I'm excited about the possibilities as a Hawk fan.

The other 5% are Hasselback keepers.

I for one think this is going to be the all Lynch show before too long........

In 2007 & 2008 Lynch amassed 1,300yds each year and was well on his way to being a stud RB. Then between the 2008 & 2009 season he ran into a lot of off the field issues leading to a 3 game suspension to start 2009. That coupled with the fact of tension between himself, the coach (If you can even call Jauron a coach) and ownership, Lynch really had no future with the Bills. I was surprised he was not traded a long time ago.

What do we really know about Forsett???? Ok, so he finished last year on a high note, but there was nothing else in Seattle. If you look back at his stats from last year most of his production came from week 10 & week 12. Take away those 2 weeks and I think he was rather pedestrian.

Carroll went out and got what he needed, a true work horse and that is Lynch.

+1

Decent comparison with White/Bush. I've already said I'm forced into starting Lynch vs. ARI, but I think both backs are decent starts this week considering all the current injuries and bye weeks. I can then also see either being a good "emergency start" over the course of the season.

I don't know about that - Lynch is far more versatile than LenDale White and Forsett ain't no Reggie Bush - not even close.

Forsett will be great with limited touches - he's a prototupical 3rd down/COP guy who should do extremely well playing off of Lynch.

I think some of you may be overvaluing Lynch just a little bit, and undervaluing Forsett. Lynch really wasn't all that good for the last two years. A lot of two yard runs, and not a lot of explosion. Forsett's yards per carry have been off the charts. Lynch certainly looks the part, but if Forsett continues to perform very well with his opportunities and Lynch stays around 3 YPC, they'll have no choice but to incorporate Forsett. I'm not a Forsett guy by any stretch, but that little bugger has proven that he deserves reps. Lynch at the very least os going to have to play well to keep him off the field.

I think some of you may be overvaluing Lynch just a little bit, and undervaluing Forsett. Lynch really wasn't all that good for the last two years. A lot of two yard runs, and not a lot of explosion. Forsett's yards per carry have been off the charts. Lynch certainly looks the part, but if Forsett continues to perform very well with his opportunities and Lynch stays around 3 YPC, they'll have no choice but to incorporate Forsett. I'm not a Forsett guy by any stretch, but that little bugger has proven that he deserves reps. Lynch at the very least os going to have to play well to keep him off the field.

sorry, but you're off base here. Lynch's avg's have nothing to do with his skill set. he was the best RB on a crap team with no complementary talent. Forsett was drafted in the 7th round for a reason. I'm a big Hawks fan, and watching last weeks game, it's hard to deny the fact that Lynch is going to be a big weapon for them.

Pete and Bo Duke are bringing in "their" people.....and Marshawn is the future, and present.

As a Seattle fan, and one who regularly listens to both Seattle sport talk radio stations, here's my take on the Seattle running game. I think it will improve and play a bigger part in Seattle's offense going on. One reason is Lynch, He gives them the tough, talented, inside runner they've been lacking. Two, Seattle finally has it's first team offensive line together. They played well last week and only stand to get better. Three, Carroll has said repeatedly that they have to get the running game going, and now that he has Lynch and his offensive line, he's going to commit to it. Lynch is going to get more carries than Forsett, who now becomes the classic 3rd down and change of pace back, while Lynch gets early down and goal line carries. I would not be surprised to see Lynch become a very effective fantasy RB from here on out, and trust me, as a longtime Seahawks fan, I'm about as cynical as they come regarding any Seahawks running game, lol. But, I can see good things coming.