[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

[SIMTT] Ryan Mathews/Michael Bush for Deangelo Williams/Davone Bess?

atrpunk

TRADE PROPOSAL:

Offer: Williams (RB, CAR) & BESS (WR, MIA)

For: Mathews (RB, SAN) & Bush (RB, OAK)

LEAGUE/TEAM:

12Team, PPR (0.5pts).

My other RBs are A. Foster, M Forte.

My other WRs are DeSean Jackson, Miles Austin and recently acquired Mike Williams (SEA) Danario Alexander (STL).

Being offered Davone Bess and Deangelo Williams for Ryan Mathews and Michael Bush.

Obviously Ryan Mathews has huge upside, but has underperformed thus-far. I see Deangelo Williams in the same light except he's on a worse team offensively, but has proven skill.

Davone Bess is another upside player who's been picking up some decent points in the last few games. Bush has done the same, but his success could easily come to an abrupt end when McFadden returns.

I was looking to deal Bush anyway, but I hate giving up Mathews, who I believe could break out through week 13 with what appears to be a favorable schedule against the weak-ish run defenses of DENVER, INDY and OAKLAND.

Deangelo Williams is a tricky read, IMO. Bad team, great skill on his part. Carolina hasn't shown that they want to get him the ball that often. Davone Bess could have a difficult schedule against some of the tougher pass defenses including CINCINNATI, BALTIMORE, CHICAGO and possibly TENNESSEE.

What does everyone think? Would you make this trade?

I might do it. The essential consideration to me is that Mathews does have some potential, and so does Bess. Bush and Williams are probably a wash.

What does your team need more? Do you need more strength at RB, or WR? If you're weak at WR, and have other good RBs, make the trade. If not, keep Mathews - I share your opinion of his upside - look at how well Tolbert was able to do for a few weeks? SD is putting up some great numbers, just not winning games.

I'd rather have matthews. Deangelo is better player right now, but his situation is terrible. Matthews plays on a good offense that will allow him more oppurtunities, plus he's looked good from what I've seen. maybe not numbers wise, just by eye test. Davone Bess is a good guy for your bench, but not big "trade bait" kind of guy.

I am sold on the Matthews hype right now, and like you I believe he will have a very strong second half. Bess is a decent WR, but D. Williams has been a headache for owners who drafted him in the early rounds (like me). MAYBE the Panthers straighten out their offense in the next few weeks, but why trade a guy who is poised for success (great QB, playoff hungry team) for a guy mired on perhaps the worst team in football?