[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best QB Going Forward

Sirgalt

I'm finally going to dump Favre, so which of these 3 would you target? I'm leaning toward Fitzpatrick. He's putting up big numbers against good teams. Kitna is a very attractive option with the arsenal of weapons in Dallas though, so I could see a strong case for him. Freeman is the least attractive, but still serviceable.

Thoughts?

I'm finally going to dump Favre, so which of these 3 would you target? I'm leaning toward Fitzpatrick. He's putting up big numbers against good teams. Kitna is a very attractive option with the arsenal of weapons in Dallas though, so I could see a strong case for him. Freeman is the least attractive, but still serviceable.

Thoughts?

* Freeman: steady points, but less chance of a monster week that will win game. Choose Freeman if you just want to have a safe 14-15 standard-scoring poiints each week out of the QB.

* Fitzpatrick: the most likely of this group to post big numbers, but his track record of success is quite short. Choose Fitzpatrick if you want to roll the dice and need the occasional big game from a QB to win some fantasy contests.

* Kitna: Lots of talent around him, but he is no Tony Romo. Still, since the Dallas defense is maddeningly prone to giving up big plays, the Cowboys will be playing from behind regularly, and Kitna should post respectable numbers, even in a more run-focused offense.

If it were me, I would choose Fitzpatrick right now: pass-oriented offense clicking, and the starter job seems secure.

Cool! Good, thorough advice. Thanks. Considering Kitna's matchup against Jacksonville this week, I'm leaning even more his way. Plus I could pull the rug out from under our #1 team, who had Romo, so that's tempting. At 1-6, my only hopes right now are to be a big, nasty spoiler in as many ways possible, and though he has Bradford as a backup, I'm sure he'd rather have Kitna.

Bump. Looking for final thoughts. I'm very much leaning toward Fitz now, even though I'd like to pull Kitna out from under the Romo owner. Then again, maybe he wants Fitz, and as the best waiver QB out there, I may still pull the rug out from under him.

I should also mention that Stafford is available, but I don't know if I'd trust him.

Edited by Sirgalt