[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it bad to rout a team everyone thought was good?

detlef

When was this schedule put together? If it was years ago that schedule certainly would not have looked that tough. It's not like TCU and Boise strike fear year end and year out. Pretty sure LSU had negotiated a home and home with TCU sometime in the future and trust me LSU fans are not calling our schedule maker crazy. Few years back LSU scheduled Fresno when they were a hot team and LSU blew them out the year they played.

who cares? the schedule is brutal THIS YEAR - not that hard to just agree, maybe give them some props and move on without bringing LSU into it -

Oreg State should probably start scheduling 2 FBS teams like the SEC does - lame but smart

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who cares? the schedule is brutal THIS YEAR - not that hard to just agree, maybe give them some props and move on without bringing LSU into it -

Oreg State should probably start scheduling 2 FBS teams like the SEC does - lame but smart

Pretty sure you are the one that brought LSU into this discussion. Just responding...but back to the original discussion that people questioning TCU SOS should actually be questioning Oregon's. How many teams with a winning record have they played this season?

I'll make you a deal. I'll agree to disagree, provided you're actually disagreeing with what I said, rather than what you're pretending I said. I do not intend to discount the big conferences in favor of smaller schools. I simply don't want the smaller schools to be completely removed from the conversation right from the outset and have it be that they can't have a shot no matter what. That is all. Everyone assumes TCU and BSU have an easier path this year than some AQ schools have had in the past and I guess I just need to see some evidence to support that. Sure, in general, conferences like the Big 10, Big 12, Pac 10, and SEC are going to be harder paths. Hell, almost always, actually. But I do think there have been enough examples of times when the main conferences have been down that you all can't lean on that argument as much as you do.

Hell, take OSU '06 like I brought up. Sure, their path was likely harder than BSU's or TCU's this year. But not by a ton. And yet, there wasn't a doubt in anyone's mind that there was exactly one team that 100% belonged in the NC game. No question at all. We were all looking at the undisputed #1 team in the country. As for Brian trying to discredit FL in the same year, I don't know how much that strengthens his point. Great, so both FL and OSU skated their way to the title. This isn't about bashing OSU, it's about refuting the notion that, each and every year, these teams are facing a much harder path. Hard enough to make that argument trump all. So, just like we all "knew" OSU was the #1 team, we all, apparently, know that BSU and TCU are pretenders that have no business staking a claim for a spot in the title game regardless of how many teams remain unbeaten. That it's not enough that they get passed over by any BCS schools that go undefeated, that they should get passed up by some who don't.

And I just have a hard time accepting the absolute nature of that argument, especially considering the flawed nature of the game and how often it's done a horrible job providing us with two worthy opponents.

This doesn't even bring up the fact that, once upon a time, going undefeated and beating a 4 loss Michigan team in the Holiday bowl was enough to earn BYU the NC over a one-loss Washington team that looked better against stronger teams. Now it seems that going undefeated isn't even enough to earn a small conference school a chance to earn the NC on the field.

Never once discredited Florida in 2006. It is just a way to defend the pile up on Ohio State that year by fans that don't really show they even watched much football from that season, or just enjoy being factually incorrect. And pointing to that year doesn't prove any point that your non bcs conference teams somehow play a schedule even close to that of BCS teams that end up jumping them in the polls. Sorry, the "not by much" is just flat out wrong. OSU in 2006 flat out played a tougher week to week to week etc etc etc schedule than Boise or TCU this year. They just did. Florida did too. I mean here you are, saying that playing Virginia Tech or Baylor and literally no one else, is somehow this amazing accomplishment that we are supposed to love and not look at the rest of the schedule, BUT winning At Texas (actually in Austin on Texas' field) gets discredited because Texas lost some games late in the season, mostly due to Colt McCoy getting hurt. That makes no sense at all. We discredit if it's a BCS team winning a game like that but Boise gets amazing credit for beating Oregon State? Ok whatever. Everyone has there way of looking at things I guess. The WAC is made up of a bunch of teams that would struggle in FCS. They are a LOT worse than your average Big Ten or SEC teams, and when you throw in the fact that you're doing it back to back to back etc etc etc, that is the reason that those teams get the benefit of any doubt. Does that mean Boise or TCU aren't good teams that could beat anyone? No, for the millionth time not at all. They could. They just don't play a championship worthy schedule. The point is, if the argument is TCU and Boise State should be in the championship discussion, then they should be held to the same standards that BCS teams are, and if you go game by game, it just doesn't measure up.

The WAC is made up of a bunch of teams that would struggle in FCS. They are a LOT worse than your average Big Ten or SEC teams, and when you throw in the fact that you're doing it back to back to back etc etc etc, that is the reason that those teams get the benefit of any doubt. Does that mean Boise or TCU aren't good teams that could beat anyone? No, for the millionth time not at all. They could. They just don't play a championship worthy schedule. The point is, if the argument is TCU and Boise State should be in the championship discussion, then they should be held to the same standards that BCS teams are, and if you go game by game, it just doesn't measure up.

Couldn't agree more. IF TCU played in the SEC West they would finish the season probably 10-2 while Boise would be 8-4. The SEC East maybe Boise finishes 9-3????

Let me defend that abit. South Carolina goes into Kentucky and gets beat by the lowly Wildcats while a historically not so good Mississippi State team goes into the Swamp and takes one from the Gators. That's every fricken weekend in the SEC as well as most of the BCS conferences. It's rare to have a weekend off in conference play while TCU & Boise seem to get 3 maybe 4 weeks off between big games, so they can plot and stategize weeks in advance. In most BCS conferences you don't get that luxury.

Edited by Rockerbraves

Couldn't agree more. IF TCU played in the SEC West they would finish the season probably 10-2 while Boise would be 8-4. The SEC East maybe Boise finishes 9-3????

Let me defend that abit. South Carolina goes into Kentucky and gets beat by the lowly Wildcats while a historically not so good Mississippi State team goes into the Swamp and takes one from the Gators. That's every fricken weekend in the SEC as well as most of the BCS conferences. It's rare to have a weekend off in conference play while TCU & Boise seem to get 3 maybe 4 weeks off between big games, so they can plot and stategize weeks in advance. In most BCS conferences you don't get that luxury.

this is pure nonsense - no one is arguing the WAC is a grind, but comparing it to FBS is way off the mark

the SEC East is garbage, first of all, Boise would dominate that division and probably win the West - they are that good. How about we maybe recognize the team instead of the conference - they show up every week, no matter who they play. Peterson would coach circles around Les and they would dummy LSU...

love to see the SEC and Big 10 geniuses discredit Boise -

this is pure nonsense - no one is arguing the WAC is a grind, but comparing it to FBS is way off the mark

the SEC East is garbage, first of all, Boise would dominate that division and probably win the West - they are that good. How about we maybe recognize the team instead of the conference - they show up every week, no matter who they play. Peterson would coach circles around Les and they would dummy LSU...

love to see the SEC and Big 10 geniuses discredit Boise -

You must know by now that proposing BSU or TCU could win one of these conferences is purely speculative but saying they absolutely couldn't is a quantifiable fact. Not sure exactly why, but apparently it just is. :wacko:

wow I leave for a few days, and nothing ever changes. we get shoveled the same ole Pac-10 non sense in every freaking post.

And btw, wasnt LSU suppose to be outta the top 25 by now Sherlock\? . Pretty par for the course dont you think. run your mouth recklessly for months, the games actually prove you wrong, and when you do sack up, welch out later.

wow I leave for a few days, and nothing ever changes. we get shoveled the same ole Pac-10 non sense in every freaking post.

And btw, wasnt LSU suppose to be outta the top 25 by now Sherlock\? . Pretty par for the course dont you think. run your mouth recklessly for months, the games actually prove you wrong, and when you do sack up, welch out later.

- quit following me around, Are you seriously going to call me a welcher? I don't think you want to go down that road homie........yer call

Your beyond pathetic, do you have anything to add at all?

please show me where I mentioned the Pac 10

- quit following me around, Are you seriously going to call me a welcher? I don't think you want to go down that road homie........yer call

Your beyond pathetic, do you have anything to add at all?

please show me where I mentioned the Pac 10

yea, Im seriously calling you a welcher. Its a fact. And yes it is my call, and I made it.

yea I have alot to add, dont you see it every time I post. Better question is what do you add. You argue for the sake of arguing, and more often then not flat out wrong in the process.

Oregon St is in the Pac-10, or is 5 loses mean you are kicking them out now.

Edited by Living the Dream

I think TCU might come out with only 1 loss, but Boise is about right. Something tells me if neither of these 2 make the NC game, we may see a repeat of seeing both of them play in the same bowl, and this time TCU, routs them.

yea, Im seriously calling you a welcher. Its a fact. And yes it is my call, and I made it.

yea I have alot to add, dont you see it every time I post. Better question is what do you add. You argue for the sake of arguing, and more often then not flat out wrong in the process.

Oregon St is in the Pac-10, or is 5 loses mean you are kicking them out now.

alright then..... for the record here is what occurred

I proposed 2 bets to you for $50 each. Before we agreed on the terms, it was brought to my attention thru PM's, and you were called out publicly on these boards (which DMD deleted) that you had received donations from huddlers to help you pay for medical bills (I am glad you are back to health by the way) a few months back.

- these dudes were pissed that you would receive financial help a few months back and would turn around and gamble with another huddler, and found it in extremely poor taste. I happened to agree with them, and canceled the bets immediately- I had no desire to go down that road.

- I believe DMD then banned Dallas Sooner, did he not?

- and you come on here and call me a wlecher? yer a friggng a hole my man, yer list of doochbaggery is endless.

ETA - u just went and edited yer post where u called me a wlecher- well done sir!

Edited by wildcat2334

I think TCU might come out with only 1 loss, but Boise is about right. Something tells me if neither of these 2 make the NC game, we may see a repeat of seeing both of them play in the same bowl, and this time TCU, routs them.

Just curious. What has BSU done to get demoted? They beat TCU last year, lost basically nobody from that team. Had one sub-par week one game that they won, btw (the same week OU escaped Utah St) and has gone on to beat everyone else they've faced convincingly. Nearly always going into the half up by 4 TDs.

Now, while this doesn't automatically mean that they are assuredly one of the two best teams in the country, I certainly don't see how anyone could find something in this to show that they've actually digressed.

I suppose one could worry about their ability to face adversity since they've been front running basically all year long (save the V Tech game), but you could wonder the same thing about TCU.

I proposed 2 bets to you for $50 each. Before we agreed on the terms, it was brought to my attention thru PM's, and you were called out publicly on these boards (which DMD deleted) that you had received donations from huddlers to help you pay for medical bills (I am glad you are back to health by the way) a few months back.

- these dudes were pissed that you would receive financial help a few months back and would turn around and gamble with another huddler, and found it in extremely poor taste. I happened to agree with them, and canceled the bets immediately- I had no desire to go down that road.

- and you come on here and call me a wlecher? yer a friggng a hole my man, yer list of doochbaggery is endless.

from what I hear gambling is an automatic ban around here. You proposed money bets? hmmm.

Just curious. What has BSU done to get demoted? They beat TCU last year, lost basically nobody from that team. Had one sub-par week one game that they won, btw (the same week OU escaped Utah St) and has gone on to beat everyone else they've faced convincingly. Nearly always going into the half up by 4 TDs.

Now, while this doesn't automatically mean that they are assuredly one of the two best teams in the country, I certainly don't see how anyone could find something in this to show that they've actually digressed.

I suppose one could worry about their ability to face adversity since they've been front running basically all year long (save the V Tech game), but you could wonder the same thing about TCU.

By this logic, Boise should be ranked ahead of Oregon. New year, new team.

No, it's not a quantifyable fact that they couldn't do it. It is a fact that they DON'T. That's the way the cookie crumbles. Sure wish Iowa got to play Boise's schedule this year. Avoid going to Lane Stadium (still waiting for an answer here), getting a mediocre Oregon State team at home, and then a WAC schedule. Yeah, Iowa and MANY MANY other teams would probably be looking impressive playing that. So while that is purely speculative, it's certainly not as far fetched as saying that a Boise State team could play an SEC or Big Ten schedule and just run roughshod.

ETA - u just went and edited yer post where u called me a wlecher- well done sir!

Dude, I had no idea. A new low has been sunk to.

By this logic, Boise should be ranked ahead of Oregon. New year, new team.

I asked you a simple question. What has happened since that bowl game to lead you to believe that TCU would house BSU this time around? Surely there must be something. I see plenty of reasons why it wouldn't happen that way, so I'm guessing there must be some why it would.

I asked you a simple question. What has happened since that bowl game to lead you to believe that TCU would house BSU this time around? Surely there must be something. I see plenty of reasons why it wouldn't happen that way, so I'm guessing there must be some why it would.

TCU just went and punked the #5 team in the country on the road. This cant be that hard....

Dude, I had no idea. A new low has been sunk to.

from what I remember reading the bet was LSU wouldnt be in the top 25 at seasons end when they were 6-0 at the time, and last yr finished 17th in the final BCS with 4 loses. It was brought to his attention he was making a sucker bet and he welched on that bet.

More importantly I also hear donations were sent from many at the huddle to help pay medical bills, and they were paid in full immediately, through his own money and the help of friends and family. Does this mean, he shouldnt play in fantasy football leagues ever again, which also require money, because he accepted gifts from people who care about him. Or shouldnt take a complete sucker bet when someone is running their lip, then gets themselves caught offering a bet, only to then send a PM to welch on the bet when they realize how big a sucker bet that is. the new low is he would post half truths in the first place. But then again, isnt that par for the course for wildcat. And do you really think he gives a crap about dallas sooner, or that isnt for effect. Come on, this cat is all about back tracking at this point. And figures throwing as much mud on the wall as possible to dig himself out of harms way, when he just admitted he offered the bets in the first place.

edit to add; I hear Brent/Sarge is getting ready for his second surgery planned for dec. According to all tests the cancer is gone and the chemo and radiation worked, even though they were a pain in the ass at the time. He sends his best to the huddle....

Edited by Living the Dream

TCU just went and punked the #5 team in the country on the road. This cant be that hard....

Great, so now we know that TCU is a great team. Well, assuming Utah was all that and, frankly, I'm certainly prepared to say that. So, that settles half of what needs to be established in order to assume that TCU would house BSU. See, there needs to be some reason to think that a BSU team that went undefeated last year, beat TCU, lost nobody to graduation and has since taken care of business, all but for one game in week one against a team that is now ranked where they merely won but not convincingly has fallen off. Need I remind you, that both played OSU and beat them by more than a TD. Of course, BSU was at home but they did win by a bit more, so even if home field is worth a TD (which it rarely is), we're still talking about basically a dead heat.

Could one of your aliases get back to me on that one?

from what I remember reading the bet was LSU wouldnt be in the top 25 at seasons end when they were 6-0 at the time, and last yr finished 17th in the final BCS with 4 loses. It was brought to his attention he was making a sucker bet and he welched on that bet.

More importantly I also hear donations were sent from many at the huddle to help pay medical bills, and they were paid in full immediately, through his own money and the help of friends and family. Does this mean, he shouldnt play in fantasy football leagues ever again, which also require money, because he accepted gifts from people who care about him. Or shouldnt take a complete sucker bet when someone is running their lip, then gets themselves caught offering a bet, only to then send a PM to welch on the bet when they realize how big a sucker bet that is. the new low is he would post half truths in the first place. But then again, isnt that par for the course for wildcat. And do you really think he gives a crap about dallas sooner, or that isnt for effect. Come on, this cat is all about back tracking at this point. And figures throwing as much mud on the wall as possible to dig himself out of harms way, when he just admitted he offered the bets in the first place.

edit to add; I hear Brent/Sarge is getting ready for his second surgery planned for dec. According to all tests the cancer is gone and the chemo and radiation worked, even though they were a pain in the ass at the time. He sends his best to the huddle....

seek help immediately - take this 3rd person nonsense somewhere else. yer batchit crazy

It must be nice for Sarge to have a good friend like you. Someone to show up in the huddle at almost the exact time he stopped posting here and pick up exactly where he left off, using the exact tone he always used. He shouldn't take a good friend like that for granted. I sure hope he's not.