[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cam Newton

Living the Dream

The key words here are " If the parents are getting paid for the kid playing, the kid is a pro." This has not been proven and even if it was if it was done without Cam's knowledge I still not sure why the kid should be punished. One thing that is certain is USC and the Bush's are watching this story with great interest. Especially if it turns out Cam's family did receive money and Cam knew about it.

ok, enough of this nonsense Rocker- on what planet do you live on?? do you honestly think for 1 second a kid (Cam in this instance) would not know his old man was shopping him to the highest bidder for str8 cash??

hot shot QB: Dad, I really think I want to go to UGA, cool ampus, hot chicks and they are gonna have a great incoming class, and they run a pro-style offense

Dad: But son, I think the Miss St. team is up and coming, and they said they are going to install a pro-style offense for you and junk the run-heavy offense.

QB: dad, MIss St. sucks and the campus is a chithole

Dad: well, things might start looking up for the family at MSU, me and ur mom got deals on cars - and I think I finally found that job I need....

parents AND kids are both heavily invested in the recruiting process and there should be NO separation between the 2. I can't believe people are even arguing this. If their did is hooring them out for a payday they know 99.9% of the time.......

Every single one of my friends that played D1 football (different class and culture than Cam) drove their own recruiting process with support from their parents.

ok, enough of this nonsense Rocker- on what planet do you live on?? do you honestly think for 1 second a kid (Cam in this instance) would not know his old man was shopping him to the highest bidder for str8 cash??

parents AND kids are both heavily invested in the recruiting process and there should be NO separation between the 2. I can't believe people are even arguing this. If their did is hooring them out for a payday they know 99.9% of the time.......

Every single one of my friends that played D1 football (different class and culture than Cam) drove their own recruiting process with support from their parents.

Look I'm with you. I find it hard to imagine a kid with his somewhat questionable background (laptop, cheating, etc) didn't know anything, but until proven I don't think the kid should be punished.

Now I will say with conviction that if I did do something illegal my kids would probably be the last to know. So if Cam's dad did strike out on his own with asking for cash for play and the Miss State coaches didn't bite, I really could not blame the dad for not mentioning it to his son. Heck my kids don't know half the chit I do :wacko:

But what is really good for the NCAA is the almighty dollar... and they pretty much guaranteed their payday for another season - and assured continued impropriety between boosters, athletes, and athletic departments with this decision.

Remember that the NCAA doesn't control football like it does the rest of its sports. College football is operated by the conferences, the NCAA is simply the police that enforce the "rules".

• 3 weeks later...