[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Daughters audition in Chicago

whomper

Today she had her first audition since that showcase in Chicago. It was for a feature film. She would play a 9 year old girl that ends up being a flashback in a romantic comedy about a 17 year old couple that have been friends since they were kids. So my wife and I drive her to the audition about 40 mins from our house. We didnt know what they were going to ask her to do , cold read, monologue , script so my wife comes up with the idea. She says when you are introducing yourself to these poeple tell them you do some stand up comedy. We were hoping this would make them ask her to do some and she could break out Saturday Night Fever grandma. The kid may be tired of doing it :tup: but when people see it that have never seen it before it absolutly kills. She agrees

We get there and we are handed a monolgoue. She will be getting her turn in about 40 mins. She reads the monologue and gets familiar with it and starts acting it out and we realize she has that down pretty good but still want to crowbar her comedy routine in their if we can. So fast forward to her number getting called. I stay in one room and she goes with my wife itno a room about 3 rooms away and is going to get her turn soon. She is # 87 and they were up to 81. Im sitting there for about 15 minutes and all of a sudden I hear a roar of laughter from the other room right through the walls. I know in my bones that this was for her and she did the grandma routine. about 10 minutes later she comes back in the room smiling and runs to me to hug me. My wife follows her wide eyed and says hurry lets get to the car and gives me the thumbs up.

She killed. The casting director was holding the auditions. She asked my wife after Raffy got started what movies she has been in and my wife said none. Then she asked about acting lessons and my wife said none. She said I can not believe this kid hasnt been in anything and she belongs in the movies. She said she was a natural and that she is giving her an immediate call back. She confided to my wife that it was the only call back given out of the day and the director of the film was flying in from L.A next week and she wants us to bring her to meet him as soon as he arrives. I believe they already have the 17 year old version actress cast already . My wife said the casting director took the actresses picture out and showed it to her assistant and said look at this just look at this picture and look at this kid in front of us.They are a perfect match and that Raf has the personality to boot.

It honestly couldnt have gone better. They are supposed to call me when the director arrives in NY. The beauty of this as well is if she gets it it shoots in the summer and her part will be fully shot in NY..No L.A, and no school interference. It isnt in the bag but today couldnt have gone better. It would be in theatres but low budget. We could care less. If I see her on screen I may pass out :lol: anyway Ill keep you all posted and just keep your fingers crossed for my little girl. Thanks

Dude, that is absolutely incredible !!!! Congrats to your future star !!!! :wacko:

We got the call. She meets the director Tuesday night at 8. The woman that set it up said the director was very excited to meet her. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks for all the well wishes. Keep the good thoughts and prayers coming :wacko: