[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Daughters audition in Chicago

whomper

We got the call. She meets the director Tuesday night at 8. The woman that set it up said the director was very excited to meet her. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks for all the well wishes. Keep the good thoughts and prayers coming :tup:

That's a school night...isn't she usually in bed by 7:30?

:wacko: Just awesome, Whomp!

:wacko: She got the part :tup: It was actually a done deal from the initial audition. We met with the casting director again yesterday and she gave us the good news.

Back up to the original audition. My wife and I are a nice 1-2 punch when it comes to all of this stuff for acting with my kid. I am the practice workhorse. I get to make her practice her routines when she doesnt want to and have her tell me she hates me . Any of you that have met my wife knows that she is a very laid back person and pretty easy to talk to. So anytime we go on an audition with Rafaella, my kid wants me in the building but we let me wife go in the room with her. So when she did the audition , my wife was in the room and I got my info from her. Yesterday we get there and I was waiting outside because I thought she was in there auditioning for the director. i was listening outside the door and when i realized he wasnt there and she got the part and that the casting director was just giving details I figured I would go in so I could get the full picture of what was going on .

This is the deal. The director is a man named Matthew Bora. He has done a bunch of films and is considered and up and comer from what I have read. I havent heard of the movies I have seen from him when I looked him up . It seems he has done lower budget things . The first movie she will be in is called 79' . The way she explained it to us is that it has sort of like a grease feel to it. It isnt a musical but it has a lot of high school aged kids in it. It has a prom scene, It has a carnival scene which will be filmed in coney island. It will film in little Italy and in other locations in NY. She said this film is the directors baby. He wrote it and is pushing it very hard. My wife originally said this will be in theatres next year but the actuality is that it has been booked in 3 film festivals. Our whole family gets to go to each festival. I know one is in NY. I am not sure where the others are. At these festivals is where it gets shown and hopefully picked up and put in Theatres. She said at the very least, if it isnt picked up for Theatres it gets distributed worldwide on dvd. Either way we are so pumped.

This is a SAG movie. The 2nd movie she will do with this company is a SAG movie as well. Once she completes the 2nd movie she becomes eligible and can join SAG :bow: So the woman said that for this movie they had open calls and liked a fair amount of kids that didnt have experience, like my kid. She said she was amazed at the "untapped talent" that she saw out there. She said rafaella beat out some kids that had resumes 4 pages long. Our resume is 3/4 of a page :lol: After audition # 1 , while I was excited and optimistic, my questions in my head were that how will she pull off a film with no experience. I think she will be fine in the acting dept but I am talking about camera angles, on set knowledge etc. Filming is expensive and I am sure they teach kids on set but they also cant make it a class because time is money. So she said to Raffy that Raf won her over with personality BUT she doesnt have any on screen /on camera experience. So here is what happens. The kids they chose for these films get to train at the N.J institute of Theatre and film for 5 weeks. She doesnt get paid for those 5 weeks but the kids learn all the ins and out of filming and acting in a movie. After 5 weeks the filming begins. That training is absolutely awesome. I get to put that on her resume, it gives her valuable experience and knowledge and will have her 1000 times more prepared for the film then going in ice cold

May 8th we go for an orientation for this film where they lay out all the stuff we will need. We need a work permit from school, and to set up her account and have a lawyer review things etc. We will get all those details on that day and the training starts may 10th. training is Tues and Thurs 6-9 for 5 weeks. Then filming starts

We were shocked to hear there is a 2nd movie in this for her too. The director didnt want to have to go through casting again so he said whoever they chose for the first movie , as fas as the kids, they will keep for the 2nd one. He knows they will be trained and will be comfortable with them so its a smart move and it works out awesome for us. Only problem with that movie is that its a horror film . When Raffy heard that she turned white as a ghost :rofl: She even slept in our bed last night. That will be filmed at a scary house in NJ. Once she sees how it is on set and realizes that it will be done with actors that she will know off camera she will be fine but we have to convince her on that :rofl: Movie # 1 is a homerun for her. Its a romantic comedy with all high school kids and I think it all seems perfect for her. Thanks for all of your well wishes . We are very excited and proud . This could be the beginning of something awesome.

This is just SO exciting, Whomp!! Couldn't happen to a nicer family!! :wacko:

And Raffy.....go get 'em girl!! :tup: Ride the wave, dearheart. And when you get down or frustrated, just remember you are doing something that most people can only dream of doing. And remember how incredibly lucky you are to have this opportunity and parents that support you 100%!

You'll be fabulous! :lol: