[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Daughters audition in Chicago

whomper

We have a friend that my wife grew up with that is a movie producer. He has been in the business for many years. He has been a tremendous source of info for us. He is our consiglieri. We dont do anything without running it by him and his advise has been spot on so far.

and in the "Its a small world" category , I later find out that the friend of ours that I referenced above is actually a friend of Hugh One's. While that drastically lowered my opinion of him, we still listen to his advice

and in the "Its a small world" category , I later find out that the friend of ours that I referenced above is actually a friend of Hugh One's.

scary scary stuff.

With that additional information, I would strongly encourage you to not allow your daughter to appear in a prequal to this movie set 10 years earlier.

The director called my wife on Friday and asked if Raffy was practicing improv and had some ideas for improv based on the scene she was in. She and I have been practicing all week. She had her written lines down like the back of her hand so we were kicking around ideas for the past few months about improv . It was great luck on our part that not only does this director allow it but he encourages it. Some directors expect you to read their lines and thats it.

So we come up with about 3 more lines including some great physical comedy that plays to her strengths. I helped her construct the lines but I swear to God she basically came up with all 3 lines.

She was nervous on Saturday. She has always been very calm when she auditions and such but we could tell she was nervous Saturday and she ever told us she was. We gave her tons of encouragement all day and I knew she would settle down because my wife is very good at reading and reacting to my kids. Me and the Mrs. have a nice 1-2 punch going here with this whole thing because I am good at practicing with her and we bounce ideas off of each other and I can get her to practice even if she isnt in the mood. I always have her ready for gameday but my wife is much better at being the person she is with on gameday because she has a very calming influence on her.

So they get the destination and off they go. I was bar tending Saturday but I told my wife to text me updates. I was so excited I could barely think of anything else. They didnt get started until about 8:30. The director said it could run late and would it be a problem even if they had to film until 2 am. I was like :tup: She is the Eddie George of child acting . She gets stronger as the hours go on. Finally my kids not sleeping pays off.

We finally find out the name of her character. Its Connie. She ran through the improv lines with just the director when they got there and he liked what he heard but obviously wanted to see them performed. The scene starts and she does the 3 lines that were written for her. My wife said she nailed them (they did a few takes ) and she and the 2 teenagers were interacting great together. Then they improv starts. She does her first line of improv , which included some physical comedy, and it killed. My wife said she did it so well that they had to make her do it again because the crew laughed . The teenagers did great with her because they really gave her an opportunity to carry the scene. All 3 of her improv lines made the movie ! When they were done filming the director picked her up and gave a her a hugh hug and told her that she did a terrific job and that , thanks to her, he feels that it could be one of the funniest scenes in the whole movie. They have 2 weeks of filming left and he told my wife that there could possibly be another spot in the movie where he could get her in another scene when all the teens are at a pizza parlor that they hang out in.

I kept popping in the back room at work when I heard my phone buzz dying for an update and then I get one from my wife . "Raffy was great!!!!" then 5 minutes later I get one from Raffy. "I had so much fun daddy and the director hugged me and said he loved my scenes" You arent supposed to use your cell at my place but I said screw it. I ducked in the back and called them. She was on cloud 9 . The greatest thing she said to me was "daddy, tonight was one of the best nights of my life"

Thanks for all the support in this thread. I told her all my huddle friends were rooting for her and she smiled. Her scene ends up being a good 5 minutes now. The director said he feels she will get great exposure from this and he wants to keep working with her. This is a great start for her to start living her dream. The movie will have a premiere in NYC and Los Angeles that my whole family will go to (not sure about LA yet but we are certainly going to try)

They expect to wrap filming in 2 weeks . He said there is a chance that one of her lines could potentially end up in the commercial for the film as well. Tentative release date is January. I will update this thread when more news or any new news pops up. Thanks again everybody ! Saturday could not have went better :wacko:

Edited by whomper

That is freakin awesome, Whomp! Any of my kids would freak out at the chance to do what she is doing...the fact that she is nailing it makes it even better. Definitely keep on keeping us posted...can't wait to see her on the big screen.

BTW: save those tips you're making for all the new formal wear you'll have buy for the premiers :wacko: