[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nice Win, Washington!

theprofessor

Who has either beat. Stanford no one, and Oregon Stanford. Not hate, just sick of hearing how great this conference and especially these 2 teams are, when in other conferences, teams have to get up for teams every week, not one game a season like these 2. Its like Boise and TCU in this conference, beat one ranked opponent, except Stanford didnt even do that, now that SC has 5 loses and Zona has 4. This yr and these 2 teams remind me so much of OSU and Michigan when many thought they should play again for the title, and both were embarassed in the bowl after not playing anyone but each other all year, and it was a shoot out, like the Stanford./Oregon game.

Edited by Living the Dream

Who has either beat. Stanford no one, and Oregon Stanford. Not hate, just sick of hearing how great this conference and especially these 2 teams are, when in other conferences, teams have to get up for teams every week, not one game a season like these 2. Its like Boise and TCU in this conference, beat one ranked opponent, except Stanford didnt even do that, now that SC has 5 loses and Zona has 4. This yr and these 2 teams remind me so much of OSU and Michigan when many thought they should play again for the title, and both were embarassed in the bowl after not playing anyone but each other all year, and it was a shoot out, like the Stanford./Oregon game.

Why do you continue to do this? Do you actually think there's no competitiveness in the Pac-10 and that the elite teams in the league just roll through everyone else and don't have to get up for anyone else? You're delusional. Do you think Stanford doesn't get up for Cal, UCLA, USC, Oregon, Oregon State, etc.? Do you think that Oregon only has to "get up" for Stanford? What about their extreme hatred for the Huskies and the Beavers, Do you think they don't get up for one of the best 1-2 college programs during the last 7-8 years in USC? This conference has a great amount of parity year in and year out and there is usually only one easy out. For you to make the comment that the best teams in the PAC-10 only have to get up for just one game just shows your complete ignorance.

You tout your BIG 12 as this super conference yet half of the teams from 7 to 12 are absolute garbage. I'll provide some detail later if you need it but I'm off to the Seahawks-Chiefs game. Do us all a favor, grow up and shut up. By the way were all still waiting for the multiple alias story :wacko:

Edited by theprofessor

Why do you continue to do this? Do you actually think there's no competitiveness in the Pac-10 and that the elite teams in the league just roll through everyone else and don't have to get up for anyone else? You're delusional. Do you think Stanford doesn't get up for Cal, UCLA, USC, Oregon, Oregon State, etc.? Do you think that Oregon only has to "get up" for Stanford? What about their extreme hatred for the Huskies and the Beavers, Do you think they don't get up for one of the best 1-2 college programs during the last 7-8 years in USC? This conference has a great amount of parity year in and year out and there is usually only one easy out. For you to make the comment that the best teams in the PAC-10 only have to get up for just one game just shows your complete ignorance.

You tout your BIG 12 as this super conference yet half of the teams from 7 to 12 are absolute garbage. I'll provide some detail later if you need it but I'm off to the Seahawks-Chiefs game. Do us all a favor, grow up and shut up. By the way were all still waiting for the multiple alias story :wacko:

I'm not jumping in his corner or attacking your point personally, but I think it is pretty reasonable to say that the Pac-10 is abnormally down this year. It isn't the 8-deep conference that we are accustomed to. Oregon and Stanford are both within the top-5 teams in the country. Arizona is darn good and can beat just about anybody on any given Saturday. That said, I thought USC would be better. Oregon State is way down. UW and UCLA were supposed to be pretty good, and are both mediocre at best. Cal is less talented than we though, and ASU, while talented, hasn't been able to find any consistency. The only team other than Stanford and Oregon that are meeting or beating expectations is actually WSU, who is slowly becoming a Pac-10 program again. There may not be very many brutally bad teams, but I don't see the Pac-10 as having as many strong teams as usual.

I'm not jumping in his corner or attacking your point personally, but I think it is pretty reasonable to say that the Pac-10 is abnormally down this year. It isn't the 8-deep conference that we are accustomed to. Oregon and Stanford are both within the top-5 teams in the country. Arizona is darn good and can beat just about anybody on any given Saturday. That said, I thought USC would be better. Oregon State is way down. UW and UCLA were supposed to be pretty good, and are both mediocre at best. Cal is less talented than we though, and ASU, while talented, hasn't been able to find any consistency. The only team other than Stanford and Oregon that are meeting or beating expectations is actually WSU, who is slowly becoming a Pac-10 program again. There may not be very many brutally bad teams, but I don't see the Pac-10 as having as many strong teams as usual.

That's OK, I'm sure your buddy could use a friend. I have pasted a few of my comments from an earlier thread (When is the last time) where I state the same thing. For your reading pleasure ....

This Big 12 clown (whoever he is?) constantly say's I tout the Pac-10 as the superior conference in football but I've never made that claim. In years past I have said that I would place the Pac-10 in 2nd behind the SEC. This year I would agree that the Pac-10 is down. Our best team and probably the best team in college football over the last 7-8 years, USC, has been hurt by probation, lost recruits, coaching change, no bowl incentive, etc. - Oregon State is down, UCLA is down, Cal is down so yes, the Pac-10 has had a tough year but there's still parity.

Mr. Alias starting his "Pac-10 only has 3 teams bowl eligible" when there were still 2 games left in the conference which tells you something about this punk that hides behind multiple masks. The reality is that if Oregon State, Washington and Arizona State wins this weekend the Pac-10 will have a higher percentage of bowl eligible teams (70%) than the Big 12. I know USC can't go but they have the necessary wins to be bowl eligible so they should be included in the conversation.

The only thing I have said about the Pac-10 earlier in the year is that historically they have teams suffer in the Top 25 standings because of playing tough games in conference which normally knocks Pac-10 teams from the Top 25 when they are probably deserving of that ranking. and that the Pac-10 is tough from top to bottom. I stand by that commment 100%. This is how I would rank the 4 power conferences in 2010:

The only team other than Stanford and Oregon that are meeting or beating expectations is actually WSU, who is slowly becoming a Pac-10 program again.

While I agree that WSU has been playing very competitively over the last 3-4 games I wouldn't say they have met or exceeded expectations.

Great, great win for my Huskies last night. Amazing game by Chris Polk, again. Polk is a stud and 2 more years of this guy is going to bring us many more wins. So happy for Jake Locker as he played terrific last night and to go out the way he did with his last pass as a Husky, a thing of beauty to Kearse for the game winner. I think were going to see all 3 of these kids (Locker, Polk and Kearse) playing well in the NFL one day.

Booking my flight to San Diego!