[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Phillip Rivers .....

theprofessor

Heck. Now Crayton is gone!

I wonder if Charlie Joiner is in game shape? :wacko:

He is the WR coach and knows the playbook and #18 is currently not issued. :tup:

Rivers could toss him those sideline outs he was so good at and step out of bounds to avoid too much contact! :tup:

Thats ok. I expect a gigantic game from V-Jax and Floyd should play, albeit for only a few snaps . But we should get another chance to see our future WR Seyi again...love this kid.

I don't like Phillip Rivers, as I've documented many times here. However, I've never questioned his ability. He is a phenomenal QB, and is having a great season. Peyton Manning, followed closely by Tom Brady are the best QB's in the game today. Heck, they are two of the best QB's of all-time. However, the MVP this season is Phillip Rivers, in my opinion, and it's not even close.

Meh.... he puts up numbers, let's see if he can win a few playoff games.

Meh!

First of all. what does winning a few playoff games have to do with MVP of THIS season? I can see that as a qualifier for The Hall, but the MVP? I don't get it! :wacko:

But..

Why was this not talked about with Manning and the colossal playoff folds by the Colts? The blame was directed at the team/coaching more than it was a Manning himself.

Rivers is 3-4 in playoff games and he has led his team to first round buys in two of those seasons (which can be argued that these are two less games the team could have lost.

Last years loss to the Jets was as much due to a MONUMENTAL collapse of the defense and some wonderful work by the Matador (Cromartie, who, as it was pointed out in yesterday's game commentary plays very soft), and very inspired play by the Jets D. Let's not forget the two missed field goals that would have changed the outcome.

The collapse against the Pats in his first playoff game had as much to do with Marty Snottenhiemeresddslkjerr (sp?) doing his classic playoff panic and mind melt. Even Rivers came to the sideline and questioned Marty as to why they weren't kicking a FG on fourth and forever. There were horrible, stooooopid penalties in that game that Rivers had no control over and should still have won it if the DB had just gone to the ground after intercepting Brady on what turned out to be the game winning drive. Even then, Rivers drove the team into position with like a minute left for a chance at the winning field goal (missed.. and a FG had been missed earlier in the game). I guess he was personally responsible for all of that?

You forget about him playing in NE, the conference championship game on a shredded knee without LT (remember the "pouty' game everyone, including Jets fans tried to blast him for?) and a badly hobbled Gates. They still almost won that game and that was after coming off a road win in THE LAST game to be played in the old Indy stadium (talk about emotion and playing uphill). The starting in the first game of the following season when nobody thought he could due to the severity of the injury. That was the game that the Chargers became his team and LT became started to become discontent.

After beating Indy, again, the following year, losing to the favored and SB winning Steelers in their house is not an embarrassment. And again, this was with a Ted Cottrell run Defense that was inept. The Chargers did not have a playoff caliber defense that year, and it was Rivers and the offense that got them as far as they did.

If DIlfer has a ring and Fouts is in the Hall without one, who is the better QB? :tup: It is after all a team sport.

The one common theme among all of these losses is what? MISSED FRIGGEN' field goals! Keading, for all of his prowess and accuracy in season, for some reason has been a massive choke once the single elimination starts. I guess Rivers should learn how to kick the ball as well.

Looking at ANY QB, unless you can point to a history of bad games with multiple picks when the playoffs roll around, then you have a case. This has not been the case with Rivers and IMO, is not a valid complaint.

I freakin' love this guy, and have ever since he played on a torn ACL in that playoff game. The hate he gets for his trash talking and all around flamboint attitude makes me like him even more. There's probably only 2 or 3 current QB's in the league that I would want over Rivers on my squad, and I'm not a SD fan. If he ends up leading his team to yet another AFC West title he has to be considered this years MVP. I traded for him in a deep keeper league where we start 2 QB's a couple of years ago. One of the best trades I've ever made.

on a personal note im not gonna lie ive never liked Rivers , not sure if it was a bias because I Cutler is my favorite QB in the league and the whole thing between them two i sided with Cutler, or because the same guy always had him on his team in my league year after year and we didnt see eye to eye......i was actually mad that i "had" to take him with the 2nd pick of the 5th round in my league...as he was the last 2nd tier qb on my list left with a big drop down to guys like mcnabb,carson,alex smith,Henne, etc

but from a fantasy look you cant argue with stats, the fact that the special teams ,ryan mathews, etc have been so bad helps his stats too making him have to air it out more. and every said about about him carrying the team and doing it with everyone hurt and out around him is true...

so i dont see how anyone can chime in negatively about him this season on either end