[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Play of the Year

tazinib1

Wow, really creative. Honestly, in some ways that's more impressive than a more acrobatic catch because I'm surprised I've never seen that before.

Athletically, it may not be as cool as if the ball was barely more catchable and dude laid out for it, keeping his toes just inside the field, but this move will be shown to DBs again and again in film room. Hell, it will be shown to QBs, teaching them that if you're going to throw it away, freaking throw it away.

It's like when you see an invention. Something like the ipad is all well and good, but you know that it simply couldn't exist until now. When you see a great new invention where the "technology" has been around forever but nobody every thought of putting it together than way, that really makes me stop in my tracks. I wish I could think of an example right now, but I'm sure you guys have seen this sort of thing.

My fraternity lived on that type of play in college ... our flag football team was university champs three years running ... except we'd run crossing patterns in the middle of the field and do that 2-3 times a game where the deep route caught the ball and pitched it mid-air to the shallow route runner who was running to the opposite corner of the field. About 4-8 times a game, no pitch and 2-3 times a game, a pitch -- those 6-10 plays a game would yield us 2-3 TDs, easy.

My fraternity lived on that type of play in college ... our flag football team was university champs three years running ... except we'd run crossing patterns in the middle of the field and do that 2-3 times a game where the deep route caught the ball and pitched it mid-air to the shallow route runner who was running to the opposite corner of the field. About 4-8 times a game, no pitch and 2-3 times a game, a pitch -- those 6-10 plays a game would yield us 2-3 TDs, easy.

No offense, but our flag football team was better. Plain and simple. :wacko:

You should see our Pac-10 flag football teams. They are the worst ever! Our top 2 teams never even have to get UP to play anyone else. They just roll through the rest of the patsies. :tup:

Got a funny yet honest flag football story.

I was captain/owner'MG of our flag football team back a few years ago. Of course back then just like today a majority of my interest $$$ was also on the NFL. We played on Sunday afternoons back then. Anyway I must have been watching a tight $$$ game one Sunday afternoon, because I was running late and just prior to the start of our flag football game, you know when everyone huddles. I gave some kind of a pep talk being the captain and all.

Anyway after my talk everyone reached in the bag I had brought to the field that day to grab their flags and all they found were banana peels. It didn't take long before I realize I grab the garbage bag instead of thebag with our flags. :wacko:

Edited by Rockerbraves

Got a funny yet honest flag football story.

I was captain/owner'MG of our flag football team back a few years ago. Of course back then just like today a majority of my interest $$$ was also on the NFL. We played on Sunday afternoons back then. Anyway I must have been watching a tight $$$ game one Sunday afternoon, because I was running late and just prior to the start of our flag football game, you know when everyone huddles. I gave some kind of a pep talk being the captain and all.

Anyway after my talk everyone reached in the bag I had brought to the field that day to grab their flags and all they found were banana peels. It didn't take long before I realize I grab the garbage bag instead of thebag with our flags. :wacko:

Good stuff. : :tup:

:wacko: Louisiana

I grew up all over Louisiana as my dad worked off-shore. Been in Ga since '80.

I'm teasing of course, we dominated the financial league :tup:

I played in college and then on state & national (even internationally for awhile) levels after that for about 11 years. Huge scene in Louisiana, Georgia, and most of the south. Just thought I may have run into you at some of the tourneys.

I grew up all over Louisiana as my dad worked off-shore. Been in Ga since '80.

I played in college and then on state & national (even internationally for awhile) levels after that for about 11 years. Huge scene in Louisiana, Georgia, and most of the south. Just thought I may have run into you at some of the tourneys.

Not sure how popular flag football is now, but when I played they had games all Sunday aftenoon with around 8 games going on at a time. I also played on a Saturday team as well. We were always invited to play in nationals but no one really wanted to spend the $$ back then. . Good times!