[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Auburn and Oregon

GWPFFL BrianW

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

negative - the opening line was Aub -2.5 to 3

Colin Cowheard said it opened Oregon -3 as well.

At any rate, if the game were to be played this week, I think Auburn would win big.

However, give each team a month and you just don't know what you're going to get. Which is why I'd love to see the line keep moving and deliver a nice money line bet for Oregon outright.

Colin Cowheard said it opened Oregon -3 as well.

At any rate, if the game were to be played this week, I think Auburn would win big.

However, give each team a month and you just don't know what you're going to get. Which is why I'd love to see the line keep moving and deliver a nice money line bet for Oregon outright.

Cowherd's a blowhard and wrong.

I think the line will settle around 3 - I mean Auburn hasn't exaclty shown they can blow people out all year and had close calls vs some mediocre teams so I just don't see much line movement - just my opinion.

honestly, I don't see any scenario where AUb would blow Oregon out - based on what exactly?

The Ducks are going to expose that defense - Kelly WILL find holes to exploit

I think the line will settle around 3 - I mean Auburn hasn't exaclty shown they can blow people out all year and had close calls vs some mediocre teams so I just don't see much line movement - just my opinion.

honestly, I don't see any scenario where AUb would blow Oregon out - based on what exactly?

I'm not saying I disagree, but it seems like bowl games where a team has several weeks to prepare typically favor the defense. The only bet that I'd be eyeballing is the under. :wacko:

He absolutely is but it's not the only place where I heard the line opened in OU's favor so I'm not sure he's wrong in this case.

I do think OU is going to win, but don't think they would if the game was played this week. I think their coaching staff will put together a great scheme with a month to do so, however.

He absolutely is but it's not the only place where I heard the line opened in OU's favor so I'm not sure he's wrong in this case.

I do think OU is going to win, but don't think they would if the game was played this week. I think their coaching staff will put together a great scheme with a month to do so, however.

:wacko:

Det- cmon, do you honestly believe the line would swing 6 points within 24 hours of a line being estabclished?? not a chance

You're kidding, right?

This

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news...ap-broylesaward

and I'm too lazy to look it up but I think when he was at Tulsa they led the nation in total offense twice. I know they did it once.

At

TULSA

This

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news...ap-broylesaward

and I'm too lazy to look it up but I think when he was at Tulsa they led the nation in total offense twice. I know they did it once.

At

TULSA

Not sure if that gives Auburn an "extreme" offensive coaching advantage. In fact, I'd take a Chip Kelly influenced offense every day. Nobody plays at the tempo and the pace of Oregon's offense and Chip Kelly will add some creative wrinkles that Auburn won't be prepared for. I give the coaching advantage to Oregon.

Auburns defense struggled at times this year, but the last 2 games they've played very well. Auburn's defensive line is very athletic and is very underrated. I think it's a mismatch. If they are getting any type of pressure up front to shut down the running game (which Cal proved they can, Ohio State had no problems with it last year) then it's game over. If Oregon can't run the ball, they are completely inept. Their offense requires flawless execution up front, and I just don't see where that will be the case against Auburn's Defensive Line, which I said, may very well be the most underrated in the country. Auburns secondary.... that's another story, it is putrid, no doubt. But their d line is a strength. On the other side, I see no scenario where Oregon's defense can stop Cam Newton, who has proven to be a true duel threat. I think Oregon might jump up early like 10-0, but then Auburn will turn the lights out and win 35-17.

Auburns defense struggled at times this year, but the last 2 games they've played very well. Auburn's defensive line is very athletic and is very underrated. I think it's a mismatch. If they are getting any type of pressure up front to shut down the running game (which Cal proved they can, Ohio State had no problems with it last year) then it's game over. If Oregon can't run the ball, they are completely inept. Their offense requires flawless execution up front, and I just don't see where that will be the case against Auburn's Defensive Line, which I said, may very well be the most underrated in the country. Auburns secondary.... that's another story, it is putrid, no doubt. But their d line is a strength. On the other side, I see no scenario where Oregon's defense can stop Cam Newton, who has proven to be a true duel threat. I think Oregon might jump up early like 10-0, but then Auburn will turn the lights out and win 35-17.

I dunno- Aub D looked brutal more than it ever looked solid. South Car. and Bama are bringing basic offenses to the table, not even on the same planet as the stuff Kelly rolls out there. I don't see ANY scenario where Aub holds the Ducks to 17 points :wacko:

I think Oregon has the edge on D, underrated unit that played pretty well down the stretch - and while neither is stellar, I think the Ducks will end up stopping Aub more than vice-versa. If Thomas can get confidence early and make some completions downfield - will be real tough to slow them down. Time enables James to heal up as well. Should be a great one!

I think you're picking the wrong "underrated" D. It seems like everyone assumes Oregon's D is shaky because they get into so many track meets. But the reality is that they're pretty solid. They're ranked #29 compared to Auburn's #58 in ypg allowed. Oregon's ypg allowed numbers look even better when you consider, because of their quick strike offense, they're 101st in time of possession. Mind you, Auburn is 70th, so their ypg might be a bit inflated as well. None the less, Oregon's D is quite solid and they played four teams in the top 30 of total offense to Auburn's 2. So, in summary, Oregon's D allows less yards despite spending more time on the field and against more top offenses than Auburn.

Now, I'm not saying these number say everything, and, in fairness, on the other side of the coin, Auburn did face two top 10 Ds while Oregon only faced 2 top 25 Ds (though Oregon did put up 15 more points combined in those games than Auburn did).

First of all, whatever you do, don't make a bet with Welchercat2334. Second, the month off gives a HUGE advantage to Auburn. Oregon is the one with the gimmick offense. The biggest reason for their offense isn't the talent, it is that teams can't prepare enough in one week. Give a team 3-4 and those gimmicks become expected. This is going to be high-scoring, but Auburn is going to fall behind and come flying back to win comfortably enough to where there is no real drama at the end.

First of all, whatever you do, don't make a bet with Welchercat2334. Second, the month off gives a HUGE advantage to Auburn. Oregon is the one with the gimmick offense. The biggest reason for their offense isn't the talent, it is that teams can't prepare enough in one week. Give a team 3-4 and those gimmicks become expected. This is going to be high-scoring, but Auburn is going to fall behind and come flying back to win comfortably enough to where there is no real drama at the end.

What are u talking about?? we went thru this - you and I talked about a bet and it never happened.period. end of story. You come back with some bs story on how I didn't pay upwhat, 3 years later?? get outta here with this nonsense, I take being called out as a welcher seriously- I have made many bets on the huddle, collected and/or paid everytime.

Yer a miserable prick - tough call between who is more of a Megan Foxer u or private ryan.

What are u talking about?? we went thru this - you and I talked about a bet and it never happened.period. end of story. You come back with some bs story on how I didn't pay upwhat, 3 years later?? get outta here with this nonsense, I take being called out as a welcher seriously- I have made many bets on the huddle, collected and/or paid everytime.

Yer a miserable prick - tough call between who is more of a Megan Foxer u or private ryan.

Agreeing to a bet and then discussing it halfway through the season when you admitted you made a terrible bet and were probably going to have to pay it out doesn't constitute an actual bet? You made a bet that Shaun Alexander would be a top-10 RB. The scoring we decided on was non-PPR, which I remember because it gave you a distinct advantage. Shaun Alexander ended up about 60th that year. Yet there wasn't a bet? There wasn't a bet? Convenient.

I didn't bring it up for three years because I'm 12-3 in my huddle bets all-time. I've paid out my three losses and haven't received a dime. I don't care about the money. There were two people that did offer to pay (vets, maybe Det and keggers, thanks, can't remember), but I didn't bother pursuing it. Even though you admitted you were losing the bet and would have to pay, I never got as much as a PM. Now that you follow me around every post I make and try to call me names or whatever it is you try to do, I'm gonna call you out for being the welching SOB that you have proven to be. Now pay me my damn money or go get your nose out of my a-hole. I appreciate the affection, really, but following me around like a homeless dog is starting to become slightly annoying. So the latest is to call me, what, a "miserable prick" and a "Megan Foxer". You, sir, are a winner!!

Agreeing to a bet and then discussing it halfway through the season when you admitted you made a terrible bet and were probably going to have to pay it out doesn't constitute an actual bet? You made a bet that Shaun Alexander would be a top-10 RB. The scoring we decided on was non-PPR, which I remember because it gave you a distinct advantage. Shaun Alexander ended up about 60th that year. Yet there wasn't a bet? There wasn't a bet? Convenient.

I didn't bring it up for three years because I'm 12-3 in my huddle bets all-time. I've paid out my three losses and haven't received a dime. I don't care about the money. There were two people that did offer to pay (vets, maybe Det and keggers, thanks, can't remember), but I didn't bother pursuing it. Even though you admitted you were losing the bet and would have to pay, I never got as much as a PM. Now that you follow me around every post I make and try to call me names or whatever it is you try to do, I'm gonna call you out for being the welching SOB that you have proven to be. Now pay me my damn money or go get your nose out of my a-hole. I appreciate the affection, really, but following me around like a homeless dog is starting to become slightly annoying. So the latest is to call me, what, a "miserable prick" and a "Megan Foxer". You, sir, are a winner!!

good stuff right there - what a clown.

honestly don't even have the words or time for you - ur a complete moran and WE WENT THRU this a few months ago. Did we discuss a bet?? yes, I asked you a few times and sent u multiple PM's to confirm the scoring to use, and u never responded. So, I really don't know what else to say other than when I make a bet the terms are clearly defined. I can't even understand how someone can be so unlikeable by simply punching buttons on a keyboard- but you are unmatched. I never follow you around, not sure what you are referring to other than the fact u can put in stone the fact that I disagree with your take and analysis on EVERYTHING. Ur the know-it all expert that calls out dudes in the tailgate as "obviously never played pop warner football" because their take on sportsmanship........ Adios my man- don't have the time to go thru this when we already have and SA retired how long ago??

yer in good company with private ryan on my ignore list - happy holidays!

You know as well as I do that you knowingly made a wager, and knowingly welched on said wager. Hug babies and shake hands all you want, but you and I both know. You can make as many excuses as you want to make. Still doesn't change the fact that you made a bet and welched on it. I said I would bet any amount of money that anyone wanted to come up with that Shaun Alexander would not be a top-10 back. You said "I got 50 on that". I said, "okay, I got you down for 50". Then we decided on a scoring system. Then I clearly won the bet. Then you did not pay. Spin the thing however you see fit partner. Watch this, I'm gonna go post in another thread....wonder who is gonna show up five minutes later??