[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Acting on behalf of the people

bushwacked

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First, they agreed to do more or less what both sides wanted on the tax cuts. Then, to sweeten a pot already brimming with sugar, they tossed in hundreds of billions of dollars of further spending initiatives and tax breaks — including a raid on Social Security (which last I heard was supposed to be in need of saving).

Then they gravely agreed not to pay for any of it with a dime of cuts or tax hikes elsewhere. Passing all of it onto some future generation's bill.

As I said: You can't make this stuff up. Unless you're a politician.

The result, if it passes Congress, would be $900 billion added to the federal deficit in the next two years. That adds more to the national debt than the reviled stimulus program and health-care reform bill — combined.

:wacko::tup: :tup:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/dann...31_danny08.html

I'm not in that 26%, but if we are going to extend any of them I think we should extend them all. I'd rather see us take our medicine but do have some worries about doing it now with unemployment already so high.