[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikings to Play Outside?

MikesVikes

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/minn_stadium_101215_WIDE.jpg' rel="external nofollow">

I'M A TOOL Eller would proud.

He said once the players used to stop by tailgateers grab a slab of ribs on the way into the old stadium.

"C a r l" gets changed to I'm a tool? :wacko:

Edited by Randall

Is it true that the Vikings are asking people to volunteer to shovel snow at the stadium?

Are you kidding me?

Hey brother, could you help a guy out? We all need to chip in and work together so we can pull this game off. And when you're done shoveling snow, I'll charge you $10 for a beer.

This is going to be a fiasco. There are only two admission types - lower level general admission and upper level general admission. There will be fights over seats, a stampede when the gates open and chaos both outside and inside. Go take a piss and someone else nabs your seat. No beer in the stadium, so loads of people will get tanked up beforehand. Two thousand people standing behind one end zone at the open end.

About 13,000 people won't get in (if they show up). It is possible that people who printed their tickets at home could print dozens more and give them away because even if scanners are used, they may not be able to check back against a database. I had a ticket for this but I'll be watching, with beer, at home.

This is going to be a fiasco. There are only two admission types - lower level general admission and upper level general admission. There will be fights over seats, a stampede when the gates open and chaos both outside and inside. Go take a piss and someone else nabs your seat. No beer in the stadium, so loads of people will get tanked up beforehand. Two thousand people standing behind one end zone at the open end.

About 13,000 people won't get in (if they show up). It is possible that people who printed their tickets at home could print dozens more and give them away because even if scanners are used, they may not be able to check back against a database. I had a ticket for this but I'll be watching, with beer, at home.

Sounds like all they need is to hire the Hells Angels to do security and they can make it like a gridiron Altamont.

Received this email. Not sure if it is legit or not, but it came from our IT guy). I removed the phone number from original post as I don't know 100% that it is correct (campus is 612 area code). I tried calling and it said mailbox is full.

Searching for a way to make some extra bucks to put presents under the Christmas Tree? The Minnesota Vikings and the University of Minnesota need you. The university is willing to pay anyone $10-$15 per hour in 6-hour shifts starting at 7 a.m. Thursday to shovel all the snow out of TCF Bank Stadium before the Bears show up for Monday Night Football.

Here's the details:

No shovels are needed. Dress for the elements. Free parking will be available in the Gold Lot between 5th and 23rd.

Report for work at the Jackson County 247 entrance.

If this interests you, or you know a friend that could use the work, please contact the Minnesota Sports Turf Managers Association office at (DELETE PHONE NUMBER).

Below are the available shifts. Call (DELETE PHONE NUMBER) if you are willing / able to help.

Note: Once the project is completed the shifts will end - potentially before Sunday.

7:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - THURSDAY, DEC. 16 - $10 per hour

1:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. - THURSDAY, DEC. 16 - $10 per hour

7:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m. - THURSDAY, DEC. 16 - $13 per hour

1:00 a.m. - 7:00 a.m. - THURSDAY, DEC. 16 - $15 per hour

7:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - FRIDAY, DEC. 17 - $10 per hour

1:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. - FRIDAY, DEC. 17 - $10 per hour

7:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m. - FRIDAY, DEC. 17 - $13 per hour

1:00 a.m. - 7:00 a.m. - FRIDAY, DEC. 17 - $15 per hour

7:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - SATURDAY, DEC. 18 - $10 per hour

1:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. - SATURDAY, DEC. 18 - $10 per hour

7:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m. - SATURDAY, DEC. 18 - $13 per hour

1:00 a.m. - 7:00 a.m. - SATURDAY, DEC. 18 - $15 per hour

7:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - SUNDAY, DEC. 19 - $10 per hour

1:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. - SUNDAY, DEC. 19 - $10 per hour

7:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m. - SUNDAY, DEC. 19 - $13 per hour

1:00 a.m. - 7:00 a.m. - SUNDAY, DEC. 19 - $15 per hour

Packers pay $8 per hour and still had to turn people away.

As soon as about five feet of snow is completely removed from the playing surface, which officials said would be completed by noon today, heaters will be used to warm the field. A thermal tarp will cover it until game time. The St. Paul Pioneer Press has reported that chemicals also will be used to thaw the turf.

It sounds like they have the tarp blanketed out, with heaters blowing hot air under it. I would imagine as soon as they remove that tarp for pre-game warmups, in -17 wind chill, over the next 2 hours up to kickoff it will turn into an unforgiving racquetball court again. :wacko:

It's gonna be like the Bud Grant era again!

More info --

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/...i_vckD8EQD_1cuU

“Because the field has been under a blanket of snow and at a constant temperature since last week’s storm, the playing surface is in great shape,” Ellison said. “In fact, because we have not had that constant freezing and thawing that we had prior to the Iowa game (November 27), the field is actually in better shape today than it was for the Gophers’ season finale against the Hawkeyes.”