[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joe Webb QB,Wr

TheAdonis2010

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at least in yahoo,,you could put him in at a WR and if he plays QB ud get the passing yds and TD...

anyone else think of doing this?

also do you think as commissioner of the league its worth not allowing this in a preemptive strike

I just took a look at this and he is listed as a QB, WR; this could be a very crafty play BUT he is very inexperienced and dinged up. If he starts and I was desperate I would consider it :wacko:

Can't be done in ESPN. Are you sure his passing yards would translate to reception yards? Seems to me like an invitation for any commish worth his salt to disqualify Webb's totals.

If you start him at WR in yahoo, you will get credit for all his passing yards and ect.

I'm in the play offs in a QB Heavy Scoring league....PPC :wacko: and such.

I'll start him at WR, since we can start up to 5 WR's with 2 flex spots...I'll take a flier on him to get me 20+

I'm starting him at WR in the losers brackets of some Yahoo teams I was eliminated from, just for the comedy value.

I would never start him in the playoffs at WR. He's banged up, its his first real game, they're playing outside and its snowing, and Chicago has a great D that gets tons of turnovers. He may be benched for Patrick Ramsay at any time. Its entirely possible that he'll throw a pick or two and then get benched for Ramsay, costing you points. Because of the weather, his upside is really not that big. (unless he turns out to be a young Tom Brady, which I wouldn't bet on)

I'm playing against someone who picked up Webb and put him in as WR. I personally think it's crap, but Woodhead has been used similarly by another player all year, so I don't think I could raise an issue.

NOW, if he was a superstar, I'd be very angry. Personally, I don't think he's gonna do much.

While I agree that Webb's dual-designation raises some questions, any league commissioner who vetoes or modifies Webb's performance if lined up at WR is making a mistake. This sets a precedent for all sorts of headchaes, like when Ronnie Brown lines up in the Wildcat and throws passes, or if Antwan Randle El lines up as QB, or if DeSean Jackson gets yardage on an end-around, or if a kicker throws a TD on a fake FG. I think you have to suck it up and recognize that multi-designation and multi-use players are a unique quirk to the game.

Anyone know anything about this guy? I'm assuming since he was drafted as a WR that he's pretty mobile, yes?

My league's defensive scoring is a little quirky - we only score INTs, sacks, TDs off INTs (not off of fumbles), and shutouts (but nothing else for low points against). We also score safeties.

I may be overthinking this, but I am leery of starting the Bears defense - my fear is that between the weather and the fact that Webb has never played a down before, the Vikings are going to try and keep their pass attempts to a minimum, maybe even less than 20, so opportunities for the defense to score points will be few and far between. And if Webb is mobile, than even sacks may be tough to come by.

against). We also score safeties.

I may be overthinking this, but I am leery of starting the Bears defense - my fear is that between the weather and the fact that Webb has never played a down before, the Vikings are going to try and keep their pass attempts to a minimum, maybe even less than 20, so opportunities for the defense to score points will be few and far between. And if Webb is mobile, than even sacks may be tough to come by.

He did play some last Monday when Jackson got hurt..

starting webb at wr is better than my 3rd wr, i will roll with it. You have to assume he will at least get 1 td which makes him a must start and who cares about a wed practice, he will start and not a bum like tavaris.

2 td and up to 300 yards is possible for webb. Might even run one in. Do it. All in on webb

Even if he puts up mediocre numbers, like 150/ 1 TD / 2 INT and 30 yards rushing, Webb is still better than a weak WR2 or WR3 option in standard scoring. As far as Ramsey: if I were coaching I would rather have a guy who has been studying the playbook all year than a guy brought in this week as a backup. Ramsey's role is to give the Vikings a body should Webb get hurt and Favre be unavailable to play. They very much want to see what Webb can do, and they have no interest in treading water with Ramsey unless injuries force them to play Ramsey.

starting webb at wr is better than my 3rd wr, i will roll with it. You have to assume he will at least get 1 td which makes him a must start and who cares about a wed practice, he will start and not a bum like tavaris.

2 td and up to 300 yards is possible for webb. Might even run one in. Do it. All in on webb

You make me look smart. :wacko:

He's a very athlethic kid. One that needs to learn how to play QB. Gee, maybe this week could be a great time to learn since he will be playing the position unless they put in Ramsey after a couple of days with the team. But right now he is limited with his hammy so the thing that he has going for him right now, his running skills, is limited.

If someone in my league played him at WR, I could probably match his points with any WR on any of my rosters.