[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joe Webb QB,Wr

TheAdonis2010

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He makes for an interesting addition. My other options this week for my 2nd WR slot are Wallace vs NYJ, Collie vs JAC (don't even know if he'll play the whole game) & Knox @ MIN so he definitely has some appeal. Even if he only completes 10 passes for 100 yards and a score, with the PPR scoring in my money league, that's 20 points which is great for a WR. Sure, the matchup isn't that great but he's probably going to have to throw and I sort of have to swing for the fences in the first round of the playoffs because of the team I'm going up against.

He makes for an interesting addition. My other options this week for my 2nd WR slot are Wallace vs NYJ, Collie vs JAC (don't even know if he'll play the whole game) & Knox @ MIN so he definitely has some appeal. Even if he only completes 10 passes for 100 yards and a score, with the PPR scoring in my money league, that's 20 points which is great for a WR. Sure, the matchup isn't that great but he's probably going to have to throw and I sort of have to swing for the fences in the first round of the playoffs because of the team I'm going up against.

What kind of scoring would give a 'passer' that many points? Do passes completed count the same as receptions?

Only thing I can figure - 1 pt per 25 yds pass; 1 pt per completion; 6 pts per TD? That would be 20 points and a strange way to score. Manning with 20/30 for 300 and 3 would score 50!

at least in yahoo,,you could put him in at a WR and if he plays QB ud get the passing yds and TD...

anyone else think of doing this?

also do you think as commissioner of the league its worth not allowing this in a preemptive strike

I suppose as an act of pure desperation he qualifies as a warm body. But if you get negative points for INTs i would think 2x about it. I doubt he throws a TD so where are the points coming from? Assuming a line that looks like this: 11-24-125 and 2 INTs you are looking at anywhere from 2-6 points depending on how you get penalized. I would say his upside is 10 points and his downside is zero. If he plays the whole game you have a reasonable expectation of 6-8 points. If you dont have any WRs or enough WRs that have a higher expectation than that, then I suppose give it a shot. But this is a playoff week and I have to assume your team is better than that. I wouldnt start him over guys like Meachem or Anthony Armstrong. So who could you possibly be looking at that this would be an option? This is the playoffs son. :wacko:

What kind of scoring would give a 'passer' that many points? Do passes completed count the same as receptions?

Only thing I can figure - 1 pt per 25 yds pass; 1 pt per completion; 6 pts per TD? That would be 20 points and a strange way to score. Manning with 20/30 for 300 and 3 would score 50!

Performance PPR; same points as your guess. Vick's crazy game against the Redskins was a 90 pointer.

starting webb at wr is better than my 3rd wr, i will roll with it. You have to assume he will at least get 1 td which makes him a must start and who cares about a wed practice, he will start and not a bum like tavaris.

2 td and up to 300 yards is possible for webb. Might even run one in. Do it. All in on webb

Is Webb also a triple threat :wacko:

I am still alive in two leagues, and I added Webb to a team with standard scoring. I might play Webb if Collie sits this week, because I am left with unappealing options at WR3. At worst Webb probably puts up the mediocre points I have been getting from an Amendola or Braylon Edwards, and at best he might be in the 10-12 point range, making his upside intriguing at WR3. And he certainly has better potetntial for 1-2 scores than some of my other bench WRs, since he has both running and passing potential (yes, I know his hammy is an issue, but this is dude's chance to shine).

That is the most bizarre and QB heavy scoring system I have ever heard of. Who was the #1 draft in your league? Brady for the last 7 years??

1st round this year went like this:

CJ

Rice

Brees

Peyton

MJD

AP (me)

Rodgers

Gore

The guy who drafted Brees & the guy who drafted Peyton have gone for a QB in the first round in each of the years we've played and have never gotten further than the first round of the playoffs; and that was a one time playoff appearance. Brady went in the 2nd to the guy who drafted Brees. That same guy has been in last place the whole year.

Thankfully MFL has it right (QB), but I would be overturning his WR status if I was a commish in that situation... As much as I had an issue with Woodhead being listed as RB/WR in Yahoo, at least it made somewhat sense that he's designated as both, since he gets both carries and catches on a game-to-game basis. But when you're talking QB/WR, it just has to be one or the other.

Though Webb is a backup at both positions, the fact that he's STARTING (key word) at QB, then that makes him a QB. It makes even less sense than if Tebow had been designated as one of the backup RBs too, but drew the start at QB.... Because since Webb will be throwing passes, there is no way he will be receiving them, unless it's out of some sort of wildcat, which would not be any different than a guy like Henne splitting out wide, where it would be rewarded as a catch by the guy listed as QB.

Further, other than his backup status, I wasn't even able to find any catches he's made. So as long as he continues to pass and doesn't have any catches, there's no question he's definitely not playing as a WR.

If I were a commish in this situation, I think it would be the one rare instance where I have to exercise my commish powers to overturn it. It absolutely doesn't make sense, and Yahoo should know better than to designate guys in ways that will only cause issues for fantasy leagues.

In my Yahoo league qbs get 1 point per completion so I picked up Webb and starting him as a wr flex in a no brainer. I'm not the commish and I didn't make the qb scoring system so I'm just taking advantage of the rules. I need all the points I can get as my team has bad injuries and this is the best way for me to compete this week.

In my Yahoo league qbs get 1 point per completion so I picked up Webb and starting him as a wr flex in a no brainer. I'm not the commish and I didn't make the qb scoring system so I'm just taking advantage of the rules. I need all the points I can get as my team has bad injuries and this is the best way for me to compete this week.

I completely understand where you're coming from, and if your league doesn't have a problem with it, then so be it. But to be honest, things like this irk me as a commish, when I don't want to have to get involved, but when people will take advantage of a technicality that they know isn't right, it necessitates me to act.

I can understand your desperation, but with 1 PPC, I'm not sure I'd be able to do that in good conscience. Do you think your commish even thought this was a possibility when he made the rules? When your leaguemates see what you've done, do you think they'll think it was just? Although that might not be your concern right now, but I'd be willing to bet there's gonna be drama in many leagues when it comes to light that someone is getting QB points in a WR spot... And if he happens to blow up, all hell could break loose in leagues, particularly ones like yours with points per completion.

But what about players who line up at QB and toss passes from time to time, like Ronnie Brown? He has thrown 2 TDs in his pro career - as commissioner are you going to start arbitrarily determining what constitutes a "legitimate" activity? My thinking is that you just have to suck it up with these occasional dual positioned players, since a commissioner stepping in after the fact opens up a whole host of unintended consequences.

no different than playing a guy at 3rd base in fantasy baseball when he hasn't played at game at 3rd all year

No, because positions players all score the same, no? It makes no difference where you are positioned on offense... I assume. I don't play fantasy baseball, so this is hypothetical.

A good analogy would be if pitchers are scored differently, but he's also listed as the emergency 1st baseman. That doesn't mean you should be able to start a pitcher in that position players' spot when he's pitching, to potentially gain more points by doing so.

The game is about playing a player where he plays, not where he COULD play.

But what about players who line up at QB and toss passes from time to time, like Ronnie Brown? He has thrown 2 TDs in his pro career - as commissioner are you going to start arbitrarily determining what constitutes a "legitimate" activity? My thinking is that you just have to suck it up with these occasional dual positioned players, since a commissioner stepping in after the fact opens up a whole host of unintended consequences.

You can't be serious....Ronnie Brown is a RB. Nothing arbitrary about it. Webb is starting at QB. Nothing arbitray about it. You're not being smart if you win with Webb at WR. You're taking advantage of a computer glitch that any Commish worth a cent would close immediately. Congrats.

ronnie brown's listed at his primary position, rb. i don't get your point.

No, that's not arbitrary though. Don't teams have official depth charts, or a legitimate way to determine where the team has him listed for that game... Doesn't it go into the scoring that a pass came from a guy listed as RB, not that Ronnie Brown all of the sudden became QB? To me it's no different than Henne going out to catch a pass every now and then, or Vick scrambling (should we list him as a RB too?) Only thing different if Ronnie throws to Henne is that it's RB to QB, rather than the other way around.

I completely agree that I do not like to open that can of worms of changing a designation, but if Yahoo isn't going to have the common sense to list a starting QB who hasn't been used as a WR all year as QB only, then someone should. It's a mistake, a technicality, not the reality of the situation right now, that he will be playing as a primary QB.

...since a commissioner stepping in after the fact opens up a whole host of unintended consequences.

Thinking about it, this is the part that is tricky. Even more reason why Yahoo and anyone else doing this are stupid to have to put a commish (or league, if you rule only by votes) in this position.

Like some have mentioned in this thread, they picked up Joe Webb solely for this designation, that at the time wasn't against any rules. Now you have to ask them to go back on that, potentially missing out on another guy they would have picked up otherwise... Uggh, what an utter mess....

However, in most cases, there probably wasn't much else on the waiver-wire anyway, but it could definitely put the commish in a bad spot, and could indeed open an ugly can of worms in the league...

IMO, if you're in a Yahoo league and have issue with this, your best shot is talking to the league and owner and hope he's rational and will understand why you or others don't think the WR designation is just... And regardless, I'd either find a different platform to play on next year, or lobby Yahoo to change it, because these dual-designations are a bunch of BS.

Edited by delusions of granduer