[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Zebras killed a good game

Bonedaddies

These two teams were going back and forth, scoring at will on an icy track and it looked like KSU was going to line up for a two point conversion for the tie, maybe OT, unless Cuse went down and put up more points.....then it happened....a fricken salute to the crowd and 15 yards, really, really that is worthy of 15........C'Mon Man!!!!

So I am watching the next game and the first three TDs scored guys are dancing and flipping their arms around....no flags anywhere to be seen, what a jacked up rule, er, a, judgment call this can be!

C'mon guys, you two are acting like it's a game or something. Young men should not be allowed to get excited after they do something great and the crowd is going wild.

Oh, and it's about to get worse. I was reading an article this morning where the head of officials said that both that call and the end of the Vols/UNC game were handled correctly. I agree, btw, with the UNC/UT situation.

Then it went into how they might change the rules for next year. In the case of the Vols game, they said that they might install the same 5 or 10 second time run-off that is used in the pros when the offense commits a penalty down the stretch.

They also said (and it sounded like it was a done deal) that, starting next year, they'll start taking points off the board for celebration calls.

Can you imagine the crap storm? Some kid catches a 50 yd TD for the go-ahead score in a huge upset. The crowd is going absolutely ape-poopy. The kid has just realized the moment that he's pretend-played out since he was 8. Catching the winning score in the biggest game of his life. He throws his arms up and just drinks in the moment, the moment that, up until that point will define his playing career and may be the pinnacle depending on what you go on to do. You may be selling insurance in 5 years, but you'll always be the guy who caught the winning score for William and Mary against Bama. But some hard-ass thinks he's enjoying himself too much and calls it back. Can a coach really prepare his players for this? Sure, if you just scored to go up 35-7, just toss the ball to the ref. But I can see some effed up stuff happening.

It's a freaking game! It's not effing life or death. We go to games because they're exciting. Catching the go-ahead score is freaking exciting. This isn't statistics class, it's freaking football!

Honestly, do most college football fans want this? Every time one of these situations come up, it seems like most think it's a lame call and most of the rest just think, "hey, it's the rules, and you've got to follow them" How many are genuinely irritated when guys celebrate in the endzone? I'm not talking about doing the slash-throat bit to the other team or their fans. But something as "in your face" of, say throwing the ball into the air. But you have to think that most people are so against these displays of emotion that they need to make the penalty even worse. Is college football losing fans because they don't want to see a kid throw the ball into the air when he scores? Really?

Because if they start effing with the game any more on top of refusing to deliver a decent post-season, they're going to lose me. As a consumer, I can only take so much of a company annoying me, seemingly on purpose.

Edited by detlef